Media Statue unveiled of maybe the most popular fighter in MMA, tens of thousands of fans in attendance.

Nah, just have fully realized you are too dense to grasp basic information. So i addressed your childish insults and closed out the conversation. Have a good one though. Hope your national hero lives up to the hype.

I see that you have become so obsessed with me for proving the idiocy of your point about Nsang/McGregor comparison, that you have gone full offtopic and I became your only point of interest.

Would you like to open a separate thread, dedicated to yours truly?

Nah, just have fully realized you are too dense to grasp basic information. So i addressed your childish insults and closed out the conversation. Have a good one though. Hope your national hero lives up to the hype.

He's not MY national hero, I'm not from Myanmar.
I just took the opportunity to address your idiocy regarding the subject and show that your statement about Nsang and his comparison to McGregor is absolutely incorrect.

I understand that your last resort is to "blame" me in defending a point from personal reasons, but it's not a case here.
And even if I had my reasons, they would be irrelevant because I applied a common sense to deconstruct your childish blabbering about the topic you're clueless about.

Ok.
Have it your way.
Answer this genuis.
Out of this list of MMA fighters how would you rank them based on popularity.
Conor Mcgregor
Fedor Emelianenko
George Saint Pierre
Jon Jones
Aung La Nsang
Brock Lesnar

Just put those in order for me please. Thanks.
He's not MY national hero, I'm not from Myanmar.
I just took the opportunity to address your idiocy regarding the subject and show that your statement about Nsang and his comparison to McGregor is absolutely incorrect.

I understand that your last resort is to "blame" me in defending a point from personal reasons, but it's not a case here.
And even if I had my reasons, they would be irrelevant because I applied a common sense to deconstruct your childish blabbering about the topic you're clueless about.

Ok.
Have it your way.
Answer this genuis.
Out of this list of MMA fighters how would you rank them based on popularity.
Conor Mcgregor
Fedor Emelianenko
George Saint Pierre
Jon Jones
Aung La Nsang
Brock Lesnar

Just put those in order for me please. Thanks.

As I mentioned, for now we cannot be sure, since Nsang receiving current support mixes these cards.
It might be slightly more or slightly less between Nsang and Mcgregor, or Nsang may be MUCH more popular. Definitely not vise versa though.

As of the others, we can actually measure them indeed by ratings, PPV buys, and overall fanbase, since neither of them gained national hero status.

So McGregor stands above all them, as breaking the whole MMA records of being watched on TV.
Then goes Lesnar: both of them are the only fighters for now who actually broke MMA niche.
After them goes the most GSP, with huge , loving and faithful fanbase that will buy his fights in any case.

Fedor and Jones - both are not in the same league.
Jones does not have a big fanbase. People tuned to watch him fights for curiosity, controversy (the "feud" with Cormier was his most prosperous era PPV-vise) and sometimes to wish he would lose. But he doesn't have a dedicated fanbase.
Fedor's fanbase is much smaller considering to his achievements in MMA, unfortunately. Hardcore MMA fans are his biggest fans, the older the better. He was not that appealing to Japanese crowd as it seemed, there were always other celebrities closer to their hearts- like Wanderlei, Hidehiko Yoshida etc. He was not a center of their attention. Russians are also not a good fanbase for Fedor - recent generation of Russian fans proved to be jackals, that do not support his fighters when they lose. Unfortunately.

Hope that this made you some order in your perception of MMA fighters' popularity.
As you can see, the answer isn't simple, because it's not exact sciences as well (even though the answer in exact sciences is not always simple).
But I did like to have an opportunity to make someone smarter.

So you got
Nsang
Mcgregor
Lesnar
GSP
Jones
Fedor

Thanks for that.

As I mentioned, for now we cannot be sure, since Nsang receiving current support mixes these cards.
It might be slightly more or slightly less between Nsang and Mcgregor, or Nsang may be MUCH more popular. Definitely not vise versa though.

As of the others, we can actually measure them indeed by ratings, PPV buys, and overall fanbase, since neither of them gained national hero status.

So McGregor stands above all them, as breaking the whole MMA records of being watched on TV.
Then goes Lesnar: both of them are the only fighters for now who actually broke MMA niche.
After them goes the most GSP, with huge , loving and faithful fanbase that will buy his fights in any case.

Fedor and Jones - both are not in the same league.
Jones does not have a big fanbase. People tuned to watch him fights for curiosity, controversy (the "feud" with Cormier was his most prosperous era PPV-vise) and sometimes to wish he would lose. But he doesn't have a dedicated fanbase.
Fedor's fanbase is much smaller considering to his achievements in MMA, unfortunately. Hardcore MMA fans are his biggest fans, the older the better. He was not that appealing to Japanese crowd as it seemed, there were always other celebrities closer to their hearts- like Wanderlei, Hidehiko Yoshida etc. He was not a center of their attention. Russians are also not a good fanbase for Fedor - recent generation of Russian fans proved to be jackals, that do not support his fighters when they lose. Unfortunately.

Hope that this made you some order in your perception of MMA fighters' popularity.
As you can see, the answer isn't simple, because it's not exact sciences as well (even though the answer in exact sciences is not always simple).
But I did like to have an opportunity to make someone smarter.

Ok smart ass, so hes a big name in one country. As for is the most famous based on number of fans? Theres no concrete way to tell that. Are we just going by home country population? Twitter followers? Ppv buys? The only evidence youve presented is his hometown population numbers and a statue unveiling which garnered some attention.
Maybe he is the most famous fighter in the world, how do you measure that?
If it was as easy as giving a concrete number I would have googled it, instead of trying to start a discussion here.

So you got
Nsang
Mcgregor
Lesnar
GSP
Jones
Fedor

Thanks for that.

Just a guess:

McGregor
Aung La
Khabib
Lesnar
Fedor
GSP
Jones

Don't forget the eagle :)

Nsang has really reinvented himself since fighting for ONE, but I remember him fighting around Atlantic City a long time ago, getting knocked out by Costa Philloupou in 11 seconds and Uriah Hall in two and a half rounds.

He's killing it in Asia, however. Happy for him and enjoy watching his ONE fights.

Nsang has really reinvented himself since fighting for ONE, but I remember him fighting around Atlantic City a long time ago, getting knocked out by Costa Philloupou in 11 seconds and Uriah Hall in two and a half rounds.

He's killing it in Asia, however. Happy for him and enjoy watching his ONE fights.
Training with Henri Hooft and his roster of killers has done wonders for his striking game.

Burmese people are people too. I suppose he is easily top 5 in terms of total # fans.

Filthy casuals aren't people, though.

Let's see how many people in that crowd can name 10 of the best lightweights in the world, for example.

<DisgustingHHH>

If it was as easy as giving a concrete number I would have googled it, instead of trying to start a discussion here.

Just a guess:

McGregor
Aung La
Khabib
Lesnar
Fedor
GSP
Jones

Don't forget the eagle :)

Ummmm there is no way Khabib and Fedor, unfortunately, can get close to the popularity of Lesnar and GSP...

Ummmm there is no way Khabib and Fedor, unfortunately, can get close to the popularity of Lesnar and GSP...
Khabib is the most googled person (of any nationality) in Russia. He's super famous there I think.

Khabib is the most googled person (of any nationality) in Russia. He's super famous there I think.

He's famous there, but I wouldn't have called it a stardom.
He's a hot topic right now, but being a topic doesn't mean to bring fans.

Plus, as I mentioned, Russian fans are jackals. Not only losing will make them turn their heads off Khabib, but also his remarks about nightclubs, rappers etc.

Surely a troll thread. He wouldn't even be top 15 in ufc

Ehhh...are you serious?
What a terrible, terrible website. It's limited to the UFC alone anyway so it's irrelevant.
Matt Hughes? Anderson Silva? BJ Penn? Come on bro. They don't even register in terms of total # of supporters.

Matt Hughes is a household name in his own household and that's about it.

If you want to talk numbers, look for the highest viewing numbers for an MMA fight.

You will find guys like Bob Sapp, Akebono, KID Yamamoto, Naoya Ogawa before any of those 3 guys.

Back