starting out

Do dynamic stretching before you work out, static streching after (look those up)

Start off moderatly, lots of running and moderate weights for starters. Of course never work out sore muscles, make sure you're recovered before lifting again. If you don't have any weights just do push-ups and pull-ups and abs for the time being.

Make sure you're warmed up and hydrated before working out.

As for diets, try to through in a fruit or two along with some vegtables and/or powdered greens.

Sean,
By the way, Good to see you posting. I appreciate the work you do!
Keith

Thanks Keith!

I'm a huge MMA fan and I miss living down in Imperial Beach where I got to socialize with some of the City Boxing and Lion's Den people so I started visiting Sherdog every day because it's an awesome website.

Thanks again,
Sean Katterle
Hardcorepowerlifting.com

There's a lot of talented strength and conditioning people on this forum too so I'm learning a few things which is great!

I trained in Atlanta for 8 years. I know 3 good instructors in the area if you are interested, my old instructor and 2 guys I used to train with that now teach full time. I think they are all located north of Atlanta, so they may be kind of far from you. All 3 schools teach Muay Thai and BJJ. 2 are probably expensive, but 1 is lower key and probably cheaper.

I went to knuckle up fitness a few times but the closest one was and hour away and with gas prices the way they are and my V8 chevy truck. Yea, money galore. oh well. Wish there was a place in the Covington Conyer or Lithonia area. til then classes are out of the picture.

The places where I know the instructors are in Norcross, Roswell, and Suwanee.

Back