Locked STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people praising Driver, the guy is far too ugly and distracts from whatever “talent” he has, then there’s all the other uglies in it (not Rey of course but she’s a garbage actor).

Shit scripts
Shit acting
Ugly people
Zero creativity

This movie is such an easy pass yet as a SW it’s sad to see how stupid this franchise has become

I don't mind that he's ugly - plenty of actors I adore are ugly - I mind that he sucks.

The ugly does rub in the suck though

That was incredible.

Also, while the film itself is an overall dismal failure, the actual battle at the end between Ewan & Neeson vs. Darth Maul was fucking fantastic.

It was a little too good and lacked the raw emotion and feel of the Luke Vader fights

It was a little too good and lacked the raw emotion and feel of the Luke Vader fights

I disagree. In fact, Ewan having to just stare helplessly as Maul mauled his papa bear, hit me in the feels. Feels I wasn't even sure I had anymore after being bored for the previous 17 hours of the film. And then watching him switch to 'I can't wait to fuck you up' mode, while he anxiously waited for the force field walls to open again, was hugely compelling to me.

Check this out, a few years back I was messing around with video editing software, and I made an edit of the film (I took it down from 136 minutes, to... 9) that consists entirely of their battle. Part of what took away the impact was how Lucas kept making a million cuts, inside the final fight, to the other 3 or 4 shitty plotlines going on, and then cutting back to the fight, entirely breaking up the flow. Here, I've edited the fight so it plays straight though with no distractions. Lemme know whatcha think if you check it out sometime:

I disagree. In fact, Ewan having to just stare helplessly as Maul mauled his papa bear, hit me in the feels. Feels I wasn't even sure I had anymore after being bored for the previous 17 hours of the film. And then watching him switch to 'I can't wait to fuck you up' mode, while he anxiously waited for the force field walls to open again, was hugely compelling to me.

Check this out, a few years back I was messing around with video editing software, and I made an edit of the film (I took it down from 136 minutes, to... 9) that consists entirely of their battle. Part of what took away the impact was how Lucas kept making a million cuts, inside the final fight, to the other 3 or 4 shitty plotlines going on, and then cutting back to them, entirely breaking up the flow. Here, I've edited the fight so it plays straight though with no distractions. Lemme know whatcha think if you check it out sometime:

Its the cuts that weaken this fight, so this edit is awesome (bring back big chats btw)

I have fond memories of watching this fight, and its because McGregor and Neeson are the two best actors in the prequel that I felt invested the entire time - and also because I was like 9 or something when I watched it

I remember prior to TLJ opening I was discussing so many theories with friends and whatnot about where the story would go and how awesome Rian Johnson's take would be. I was almost sure it had to come down to a showdown between Rey and Kylo and he'd just wreck her. Like Aldo Vs MacGregor it would be just 3 moves and he takes off her arm. I thought that would be the only way to legitimize the stakes for a third movie and setting him up as the big bad. Then we got whatever the hell that shit was in TLJ. Ugh.
As medicorse as TFA was, I understood their playing it safe, and they set some things up most of us were very curious about. Of course, Rian's subversions were ridiculous, and vast, leading to a mess of a film. This guy displayed it best in that dept IMO, "GOTCHA!!" lol

timestamped

As medicorse as TFA was, I understood their playing it safe, and they set some things up most of us were very curious about. Of course, Rian's subversions were ridiculous, and vast, leading to a mess of a film. This guy displayed it best in that dept IMO, "GOTCHA!!" lol

timestamped

There's a good movie somewhere in TLJ I'm sure of it

You can quarter me, but it's terrible, they turned the original SW franchise into a complete trick like Santa Barbara with absolutely unforgettable characters and more. This is terrible.

You can quarter me, but it's terrible, they turned the original SW franchise into a complete trick like Santa Barbara with absolutely unforgettable characters and more. This is terrible.

Right on - welcome

watched last jedi again yesterday, i think with good editing (taking out the crap) it could be a good movie

Right on - welcome
Thanks, I'm glad to be here. It just makes me angry that I watched a long time ago a new part, in my opinion, “New Hope” or somehow remembered only the Chinese with the stick and the African-American clone in the whole film. About what he was and what the plot is - I do not remember.

watched last jedi again yesterday, i think with good editing (taking out the crap) it could be a good movie

giphy.gif

There's a good movie somewhere in TLJ I'm sure of it

They needed to end it earlier. I haven't seen it since it was in theaters so I can't remember what scene, but there was a perfect spot to stop.

Then it went on for 45 minutes longer.

You would be left with the Roll script in the beginning and the end credits.

timestamped

TFA was about rebooting the "feel" of the original Star Wars movies. The sounds, the look, the whole thing not being in front of a green screen and it looking like a bad cartoon. It basically did that.

If Max Von Sydow was not killed and was a part of the whole movie, Kylo never took his mask off, and Han and Leia were in the group that met Luke at the end, it could have easily been a 9/10 movie. They could have killed Han early in TLJ. The end of TFA should have been a (well hidden) reveal that Han was Kylo's father. Kylo's identity should have been the Crux.

Basically, I could have put together a way better synopsis myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back