Locked STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself wanting this movie to suck and tank, just to get to the brass at Disney.
I was so disappointed with TLJ that I just don’t think that they can do anything to get it back on track.

Many of us have, for many of the reasons listed in the article and there are 100’s of YouTube vids from as far back as TFA release talking about it.

It’s what I’ve always assumed they were trying to do with the one mentioned in the article and also the “other old goat” from the OG
I guess with all the fans making wild guesses every possible outcome has been theorized at one point or another.
I'd say part of the reason its flaws are talked up so much as that its not without its strengths, TFA was just a complete meh for me were as TLJ did have some decent stuff in it, mostly Adam Driver.
I think a large part of why the sequels suffered is because of the casting for Rey. She isn't charismatic or sympathetic. Much like Anakin's casting ruined the prequels. Neither of them can emote properly other than depicting teenage tantrums.
Still meh.
There's no other way to salvage her storyline.

The Mandalorian may have just saved this movie Millions because the world is excited about Star Wars again.

Rey Walks into Palps chamber at the end.

Shouts "Girl Power!!!" And force pushes him to his death.

Cut to black.

Roll credits

Cut to black.

Roll credits

"Your pathetic girl power is no match for the unlimited force of the patriarchy. I am afraid the power of the toxic penis is fully operational."

I will not be surprised at all if the dialogue is this on the nose.

Growing up, I never thought.....

Bret Hart would return to the WWF(E)
Guns N' Roses would reunite
and somehow people would end up yearning for George Lucas to make Star Wars movies again.

KhpQ5pM.gif

Growing up, I never thought.....

Bret Hart would return to the WWF(E)
Guns N' Roses would reunite
and somehow people would end up yearning for George Lucas to make Star Wars movies again.

KhpQ5pM.gif

Axl Rose needs to just go off to the side of the stage and drink some titty nutsack milk so we can see that some 19 year old girl is the one who really knows how to rock.

Frankly, I think they should also rewrite and modernize the lyrics for Paradise City, Pretty Tied Up and Back Off Bitch. Honestly those songs are problematic and not suitable for the metoo era.

I would also like to know their thoughts on Sweet Child o' Mine being sampled by the 2 Live Crew for The Fuck Shop, a song that promoted the objectification of women. A comment from the band on this issue is long overdue.

Cut to black.

Roll credits
But wrong :) : palp is mostly man/machine now but more importantly she finds a room full of cloned Rey's and that Palp has infused them with some of his genetic material.

There hasn't been a good light saber fight since Empire

Why are people praising Driver, the guy is far too ugly and distracts from whatever “talent” he has, then there’s all the other uglies in it (not Rey of course but she’s a garbage actor).

Shit scripts
Shit acting
Ugly people
Zero creativity

This movie is such an easy pass yet as a SW it’s sad to see how stupid this franchise has become

Why are people praising Driver, the guy is far too ugly and distracts from whatever “talent” he has, then there’s all the other uglies in it (not Rey of course but she’s a garbage actor).

Shit scripts
Shit acting
Ugly people
Zero creativity

This movie is such an easy pass yet as a SW it’s sad to see how stupid this franchise has become

It is pretty fucking bad when Chewbacca skyrockets into the better looking half of the cast.

There hasn't been a good light saber fight since Empire

Lightsaber fights need to be more like Beatrix Kiddo vs O Ren Ishii or Tom Cruise vs the Samauri trainer dude.

Short, high impact, decisive.

As awesome as the duel of fates was, there were too many acrobatic moves and it became so drawn out that I found it difficult to remain emotionally invested. Obi Wan vs Anakin in Revenge is probably the prime example of this.

I would love to see something more grounded, literally. Less acrobatics, more fencing.

In Empire, Vader starts his duel with Luke wielding his weapon one handed. Within a couple of moves he has Luke down on his knees. Not a single flip, spin, or tornado kick was needed to show the audience just how much more powerful Vader was. Him standing over Like holding his saber in one hand was enough. It was subtle, and it told a much better story than 100% of the over-choreographed ballet crap that came after it.

Last edited:
Lightsaber fights need to be more like Beatrix Kiddo vs O Ren Ishii or Tom Cruise vs the Samauri trainer dude.

As awesome as the duel of fates was, there were too many acrobatic moves and it became so drawn out that I found it difficult to remain emotionally invested. Obi Wan vs Anakin in Revenge is probably the prime example of this.

I would love to see something more grounded, literally. Less acrobatics, more fencing.

In Empire, Vader starts his duel with Luke wielding his weapon one handed. Within a couple of moves he has Luke down on his knees. Not a single flip, spin, tornado kick was needed to show the audience just how much more powerful Vader was. Him standing over Like holding his saber in one hand was enough. It was subtle, and it told a much better story than 100% of the over-choreographed ballet crap that came after it.

In Empire, Vader starts his duel with Luke wielding his weapon one handed. Within a couple of moves he has Luke down on his knees. Not a single flip, spin, or tornado kick was needed to show the audience just how much more powerful Vader was. Him standing over Like holding his saber in one hand was enough. It was subtle, and it told a much better story than 100% of the over-choreographed ballet crap that came after it.

I remember prior to TLJ opening I was discussing so many theories with friends and whatnot about where the story would go and how awesome Rian Johnson's take would be. I was almost sure it had to come down to a showdown between Rey and Kylo and he'd just wreck her. Like Aldo Vs MacGregor it would be just 3 moves and he takes off her arm. I thought that would be the only way to legitimize the stakes for a third movie and setting him up as the big bad. Then we got whatever the hell that shit was in TLJ. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back