• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
catwoman, barbed wire and elektra were all better than tlj

tenor.gif

batman & Robin, robocop remake and blair witch are better than the last jedi

The problem i have with this is, is then what was the point?
DJ says join or don't join, doesn't matter. Luke is saying the Jedi are dead and have hubris, so it doesnt matter. Ren is saying forget the old and everyone else because they don't matter.
Then why am I watching this movie, and what am I supposed to be looking forward to in the 3rd movie if nothing matters?
giphy.gif

honestly thats my thing in this triliogy. There is nothing to look forward to. Rey is better than ren, there is no one that can defeat her. Ren is a cry baby that cant lead worth shit. THere is nothing that i care about going into ep9

The problem i have with this is, is then what was the point?
DJ says join or don't join, doesn't matter. Luke is saying the Jedi are dead and have hubris, so it doesnt matter. Ren is saying forget the old and everyone else because they don't matter.
Then why am I watching this movie, and what am I supposed to be looking forward to in the 3rd movie if nothing matters?
<{monica}>

giphy.gif

honestly thats my thing in this triliogy. There is nothing to look forward to. Rey is better than ren, there is no one that can defeat her. Ren is a cry baby that cant lead worth shit. THere is nothing that i care about going into ep9
<WellThere>

So I’m hearing Keri Russel will be in the next, I don’t watch The Americans, is this a solid signing?

Episode IX is the one that is going to be really tough to pull off well. Abrams is going to want to do some fan service, but you have to try to make the stakes seem significant, which they will have a hell of a time doing. Is anyone really stoked to see the rag tag rebel underdogs defeat the evil empire all over again?

I've said it before, but it also just narratively will not be satisfying at all if that's the route they go. We thought Luke and co. achieved the destruction of the empire and yet the First Order came right into play, just establishing a re-amped version of the same thing.

So you basically have to convince the audience that not only is this exciting- even though this is just a derivation of the storyline we saw much better in the OT- but that the end it achieves will be something triumphant and not just another bump in the road to the juggernaut oppressive force taking control of the universe all over again.

Rey vs. Ren is a wash. They've established she's stronger than him twice.

If the Last Jedi were an ice cream flavor, it'd be pralines... and dick.

The wraith,Guyver and Timecop are all better than TLJ
timecop is an outstanding movie, arguably one of jcvds best

wraith was with Charlie sheen right? pretty standard early 80s scifi movie, not sure I've seen guyver

If the Last Jedi were an ice cream flavor, it'd be pralines... and dick.

hahah was watching the sequel the other day.

Underrated movie.

"I'm in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, and Ozzy refuses to go onstage unless he has 60 Brown M&Ms..."

Rey vs. Ren is a wash. They've established she's stronger than him twice.

They severely diminished his potential as a villain. TFA showed us that he had incredible potential (stopping a blaster bolt and having a fricking conversation), and he even gets a pass for losing to Rey in their first duel.

However, TLJ showed that he is nowhere near super villain status, as evidenced by him getting ragdolled by Snoke, throwing childish temper tantrums, struggling clumsily to kill Snoke’s guards, and getting owned by hologram Luke. If anything, TLJ was a regression of his character.

They severely diminished his potential as a villain. TFA showed us that he had incredible potential (stopping a blaster bolt and having a fricking conversation), and he even gets a pass for losing to Rey in their first duel.

However, TLJ showed that he is nowhere near super villain status, as evidenced by him getting ragdolled by Snoke, throwing childish temper tantrums, struggling clumsily to kill Snoke’s guards, and getting owned by hologram Luke. If anything, TLJ was a regression of his character.

Great way of putting it.

In reality, if they wanted to build some interest in the inevitable showdown with Rey, they should have made him not only a dominant force against the guards but also the one who had Rey in a precarious spot and she gets saved by the Laura Dern kamikaze. THat way they would be 1-1 and then you have the rubber match.

Ren still remains one of the better parts of the trilogy overall. I liked the scenes where he and Rey were mentally linked in TLJ and I thought that he was really good in the first one. That first scene with Max Von Sydow really set the tone. But for a guy who they established to have some next level powers (stopping the laser, as you said, physically pulling someone through midair with his force grip, literally wresting thoughts out of people's minds using the force), they've made him look overall ineffectual when compared to the protagonist.

Last edited:

In FA, there are many reasons Kylo lost to Rey, that still could point to him being more powerful, that were thrown away by tlj

For example, like you mention the stopping of the blaster bolt and just holding it there and doing other shit, complete force multitasking. Vader himself never showed this kind of control over blaster fire.

Ren puts Rey to sleep basically on first encounter, then subsequently “looses” there other interactions.

A. He was injured
B. He wasn’t trying to kill her

In tlj, ren after powning snoke NEEDS REY to save him with the red guards.

Ren should have sliced through them like hot butter.

It’s all fucked up now.

Kind of off topic but in a way the Snoke death WAS FAN SERVICE
For decades many said , in the emperor scene when he had Luke’s saber on his thrown by his side, why didn’t Luke just turn it on with the force and cut palps in half. This was talked about for ages, then we see snoke go out exactly like this. Which is cool but should have been left for 9.

How much better would the story and anticipation been had 8 ended with Rey being taken to snoke, and 9 starts off with the Rey, snoke , ren scene?

Rey goes to Hoth jr, helps the rebels escape but gets caught by Kylo.

Luke can still force project there and have his little Kylo scene, so the rebels can escape, but Rey still gets captured.

timecop is an outstanding movie, arguably one of jcvds best

wraith was with Charlie sheen right? pretty standard early 80s scifi movie, not sure I've seen guyver
I liked timecop, when it came out watched it a bunch, so yes I actually do feel it was a better movie in its time period.

The Wraith, with Charlie sheen, watched that tons as a kid also same thing.

Guyver, has a hit or miss following, I don’t like it but many either make total fun of it, or love the shot out it. Pretty fitting in a TLJthread. Actually

Rey’s good at everything and anything. The Jedi sucked, the old ways sucked, Snoke doesn’t matter, Leah can fly. Get over it, but please watch our next movie. - Star Wars Management

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RBG
Back