Star Wars Megathread

That shit is great.

Weren't you the one who was a proponent of story-by-internet-vote? Didn't we talk about that?

Well, it's happening.

I keep forgetting and then remembering how both Amazon and now Disney will be doing more and more filmmaking this way, Netflix too maybe. With Amazon and Disney and their retail outlets, they have a direct monetary gauge to how popular certain properties are. Any bestselling item on Amazon will be knocked off by Amazon, thus creating competition within its own platform while monopolizing the lowest costs. Equally, the best-selling books, etc., will be turned into Amazon Prime IP, in response to market fluctuations.
<23>
I do not recall that type of conversation.

One of the best Kenobi moments was that heartbreaking allegory of attachment in THE CLONE WARS, on Mandalore. What an epic arc. It broke my heart.

What I love is that it deepened the mythos by clarifying what attachment is, versus love and relationships. It contextualized it in fair melodrama that worked within the parameters of a CGI cartoon. And it was built up over time, especially considering THE CLONE WARS were designed out of chronological order. Taken out of order, TCW depicted a TOTAL greater than the sum of its parts, and now all the Disney+ shows are seeking to recreate that level of texture and fabric. But, there was a clear throughline of Kenobi's romance even though it has not yet been fully fleshed out. I wonder if KENOBI'll flashback to Satine days. I hope so. What about that girl from PEAKY BLINDERS?

SCE-Test-Logo-Transparent.jpg
Rosamund Pike maybe?

She might be a bit old for TCW Obi Wan though.
Nah. I just caught her in 2017's HOSTILES and she would need a severe drop-off from then to appear older-looking than McGregor, whom I'd assume would play his younger self. It'll be one of those things like CGI Luke face when everyone's all, "Yeah, I'll go with this if the moment's right," which is going to happen because despite being a flashback it'll still strike forward progression in the story. It'll just be out of order, like the F&F franchise where their Han is older when he's younger and will come back to life multiple times. And it's fine.

The thing I worry about is finagling Rosario Dawson's movements. Inherited from the animated series, Ahsoka's movements aren't as easily sold in live-action. I hope they figure something out that doesn't taint that particular legacy.

@Gregolian
I do think somewhere in all of this new material we will see the Liberation of Coruscant, or at least the build to it in a feature film, which would be cool, but what I would like to see:

Make the Liberation of Coruscant a setting rather than one big battle (by all means have some big ass battles!) but think of the Allied invasion of Nazi controlled Europe and all the movies and mini-series based in that time frame. You can have your epic D-Day like Saving Private Ryan, your long campaign series like Band of Brothers, your spy games like Operation Valkyrie, and your one offs like Fury.

It's a perfect backdrop for so much cool shit.

@Gregolian
I do think somewhere in all of this new material we will see the Liberation of Coruscant, or at least the build to it in a feature film, which would be cool, but what I would like to see:

Make the Liberation of Coruscant a setting rather than one big battle (by all means have some big ass battles!) but think of the Allied invasion of Nazi controlled Europe and all the movies and mini-series based in that time frame. You can have your epic D-Day like Saving Private Ryan, your long campaign series like Band of Brothers, your spy games like Operation Valkyrie, and your one offs like Fury.

It's a perfect backdrop for so much cool shit.
Just in the books that Disney said isn't canon while also slowly stealing from said canon when they realized their own people couldn't come up with good ideas... the liberation of Coruscant takes place over an entire book in the X-Wing series and at least two that are following Luke and I think Boba Fett around as they try to remove Xizor because he moved into the Imperial Palace when word dropped of Palps being murked by Vader.

Add in, you liberate it but in X-Wing Isard has the Luskanya or whatever as a fucking prison ship hidden under the city outside the Imperial Palace and captures and tortures Corran Horn while making it look like the Rogue's second in command, Tycho is an Imperial traitor spans two whole fucking books all while the Rogues and other groups are fighting to get lifesaving Bacta for their fighters to the point Wedge goes literally rogue and MIA from the fleet with his guys to be pirate.

There's already at least 5-6 Expanded Universe books they could "data mine" so to speak for ideas.

Just in the books that Disney said isn't canon while also slowly stealing from said canon when they realized their own people couldn't come up with good ideas... the liberation of Coruscant takes place over an entire book in the X-Wing series and at least two that are following Luke and I think Boba Fett around as they try to remove Xizor because he moved into the Imperial Palace when word dropped of Palps being murked by Vader.

Add in, you liberate it but in X-Wing Isard has the Luskanya or whatever as a fucking prison ship hidden under the city outside the Imperial Palace and captures and tortures Corran Horn while making it look like the Rogue's second in command, Tycho is an Imperial traitor spans two whole fucking books all while the Rogues and other groups are fighting to get lifesaving Bacta for their fighters to the point Wedge goes literally rogue and MIA from the fleet with his guys to be pirate.

There's already at least 5-6 Expanded Universe books they could "data mine" so to speak for ideas.

Agree. Rouge Squadron or something very similar would be my "Band of Brothers" for the campaign.

Agree. Rouge Squadron or something very similar would be my "Band of Brothers" for the campaign.
You could do multiple seasons too if you let the episodes be about 1-1.5 hours in length and use each book as one season basically.

The books are also written in a way you get the perspective of the bad guys as well which as we have seen STILL WORKS for Star Wars.

I saw an article on Apple News point out in Clone Wars S2E17 there's a bounty hunter ship that looks a bit similar to Razor Crest and suggesting maybe that's Mando's Razor Crest after some revisions.

Weren’t we supposed to have a poll about who was hotter between prime Carie Fisher and someone else?
I would also support a poll about hottest SW females.

Back