Star Wars Megathread

As said earlier, he can be F&Fs "Thanos", the real big bad across several series....build him early with little across several platforms, so when he comes in wrecking shit in the climax of the major "universe" arc he's already legitimized (unlike Snoke...)

I was actually pleasantly shocked by how well Thanos was portrayed.

I was actually pleasantly shocked by how well Thanos was portrayed.

Slow burn with anticipation and hype fed by teases, the old fans know what's up, the new fans are intrigued...then confirmed badassness in the first 5 min followed by complete devastation. Long term booking as they would say in Pro-Wrestling.

Perfect build....would work again with Thrawn.

Slow burn with anticipation and hype fed by teases, the old fans know what's up, the new fans are intrigued...then confirmed badassness in the first 5 min followed by complete devastation. Long term booking as they would say in Pro-Wrestling.

Perfect build....would work again with Thrawn.

That's why this was the perfect example for you to use.

I never thought for a second the movies could ever do Thanos justice and boy howdy was I wrong.

I have the exact same fears for Thrawn who I don't think was anything special fundamentally, I just think he's so beloved because he was written so well over time.

That's why this was the perfect example for you to use.

I never thought for a second the movies could ever do Thanos justice and boy howdy was I wrong.

I have the exact same fears for Thrawn who I don't think was anything special fundamentally, I just think he's so beloved because he was written so well over time.

Indeed. Neither was Thanos anything special fundamentally, tbh in the comics Thanos was one of the least developed, silliest characters they could have come up with. A purple darkseid ripoff with pointy football shoulder pads who was in love with "lady death" lmao. Like who ever came up with that?

But he got over with the fans anyway, cause the art was good, very colourful, and the fans were mostly kids. And now he's up there with Vader in terms of cinematic villain-history because the movies used him so well.

Thrawn at his intro point was better than Thanos IMO, although his personal psychology/philosophical motives aren't explored much. I think if they cast him correctly and write him correctly he could go the Thanos route pretty easily, although I suppose the time for a potential Thrawn appearance in a feature film has long passed.

Thrawn?

0311516-irish-actors-embed-1.jpg

Reactions: HHJ
That just galvanizes my resolve. I think I've found Thrawn y'all!

Reactions: HHJ
*what happens when you buy aluminum siding from the Dollar Tree.

You don't pick Jonathan Rhys Meyers when Luke Evans is around.

@Loiosh back me up here with a photochop pls

Well this is dogshit but I'm heading to work and have no time. I removed most of the glasses which took most of the time.

This what you get in ten minutes, five of which is removing glasses.

Thrawn.jpg

Well this is dogshit but I'm heading to work and have no time. I removed most of the glasses which took most of the time.

This what you get in ten minutes, five of which is removing glasses.

Thrawn.jpg
yep, proves me right

sorry @A.A. Riggs , looks like you're in for another long year here.

Back