stages of growth

hughes said:
You sound overly concerned, don't sweat it. At 16 you have still got a lot of growing to do.

You are at a prime age to start lifting weights as well. The best example of this on the board is everyones favourite Finn, Ruuvimermeli. He starting lifting weights at your age and caught his growth spurt perfectly and put on about 60lbs in a year.

Where can I read Ruuvimermeli's story?

kassit said:
Where can I read Ruuvimermeli's story?
It's not really a story, but he started the famous "The food thread" which was a bit of an eye opener for people who wanted to know just how much you have to eat if you want to bulk.

He also had a training log. Since the search function is so borked though I can't find the threads. And he hasn't posted in about a million years.

Fedorable said:
Start having lots of sex, seriously. It is a good increaser of testosterone.

If you're serious, does wanking give the same effect ?

how you grow depends on how much you eat as much as anything else. your bones grow longer untill your epiphyseal plate runs out of cartilage and turns to bone. they are always growing wider by stripping bone cells from the inside of the bone using osteoclasts and building on the outside with osteoblast cells. i suggest eating a lot if you want to grow and if you start getting fat exercise.

When I was 16-17, I was a chronic pot smoker, cig smoker, and all around piece of shit. I weighed 155 lbs and was 5ft10. I was skinny, I didn't eat 3 meals a day, I slept 4-5 hours a day, and I rarely exercised. I too have small wrists and hands.
I grew to 6ft by the time I was 21. I still weighed 160lbs. I started lifting at 21 and now 7 years later I'm 194lbs. I bench over 300lbs. I still consider my wrists to be small, but it hasn't affected my strength. I naturally have a thin frame so when I pack on muscle it is way more noticable. Small wrists make your biceps, triceps, and forearms look fucking huge.
My point is don't stress out about your wrists because it won't affect your strength. Eat 5 meals a day with a decent source of protein in each meal. Lift at least 3 times a week and always add weight. You'll be a fucking beast in no time.
I'm telling you this because I wish I had someone to tell me this when I was your age.

I can max out the level on everything but the god damn robot which I can only get up to level 10.

grow.jpg

Back