Stadium packed with soccer fans for the women's World Cup yet MMA "fans"...

Actually, I don't think that football/soccer fans like women athletes more than MMA fans. The football fanbase is much, much bigger, and still they can't fill those stadiums. Football also never had its Ronda Rousey, a female footballer that was legit top 3 most popular athlete in the whole sport at any point.

Edit :

LOL

The top five highest paid female players are as follows

1. ADA HEBERBERG (Lyon): 400,000 euros
2. AMANDINE HENRY (Lyon). 360,000 euros
3. WENDIE RENARD (Lyon): 348,000 euros
4. CARLI LLOYD (Sky Blue FC): 345,000 euros
5. MARTA (Orlando Pride): 340,000 euros

Yeah, so basically you can make more as a female UFC fighter than being a female in the world most popular sport... Cyborg made 500,000 dollars in her loss to Nunes.

BUT, Cyborg or whoever has to pay her gym, her sparring, her food,
While the female football player are paid to train, no matter what if she is injured or not, she's getting paid. The club provide everything you need, training facilities, food, medical expenses, chiropractor, surgeries and so on...

Canada said fuck that shit and took up hockey.
I googled why cricket isnt popular in Canada and learned that it used to be the national sport, officially declared by the first prime minister. Fell out of favor in the early 20th century and nearly vanished but it's seeing a resurgence thanks to an influx of South Asian immigrants.

Cricket was also once popular among the American wealthy, but they wanted to keep it out of the hands of commoners to maintain their prestige. And because it never made inroads due to their gatekeeping, it fizzled away and died.

Soccer (Football for my Euro friends) is the world's most popular sport:

The men's World Cup in Russia generated over $6 billion in revenue, with the participating teams sharing $400 million, less than 7% of revenue. Meanwhile, the Women's World Cup is expected to earn $131 million for the full four-year cycle 2019-22 and dole out $30 million to the participating teams.

People are FAR less interested in women's sports.

@PrideJitZoo

...do nothing but shit talk about women's MMA.

Watching the round of 16... It's great to see soccer fans being soccer fans for the love of the sport no matter the gender. Ticket resell prices are also through the roof.

MMA and their fans still have a long way to go.
Well to be fair if WMMA had an International super tournament once ever 4 years it would probably be pretty well viewed to since any tournament involving Country vs Country to establish a true World Champion and the bragging rights that come with that brings out everyone's inner patriot.

Of course when the men's version comes around it will generate 10 times the attention and revenue but that's besides the point and should have no bearing on your admiration of Soccer fans for there love of and unrelinquished passion for the game regardless of gender.

I googled why cricket isnt popular in Canada and learned that it used to be the national sport, officially declared by the first prime minister. Fell out of favor in the early 20th century and nearly vanished but it's seeing a resurgence thanks to an influx of South Asian immigrants.

Cricket was also once popular among the American wealthy, but they wanted to keep it out of the hands of commoners to maintain their prestige. And because it never made inroads due to their gatekeeping, it fizzled away and died.
Shit really. I've never heard that before but it's a pretty cool little piece of our history.

Thanks for sharing dude.

Excluding guys watching women's beach volleyball for their tight asses in a bikini, there isn't a sport in the world where the women's division is more popular or more watched than the men's division. Nobody wants to watch inferior sport.

Is there video proof the OP was subbed by a 115lb woman?
I need to see what it looks like to have all your testosterone leave your body...

Reminder that womens soccer teams regularly get thrashed by schoolboys. Dont believe me then google it.

Completely irrelevant but I just noticed your Username name when I got a notification and I must say I think it's awesome dude, lol.

Do you actually do that or just a clever username you thought was cool?

If the former do you seek out people with this condition as part of a weird and extremely specific fetish you have to partake in to be the victims of your serial murder spree or is in a much less dramatic and disturbing capacity as a doctor or some sort of scientific researcher if you don't mind my asking?

Last edited:
Completely irrelevant but I just noticed your Username name when I got a notification and I must say I think it's awesome dude, lol.

Do you actually do that or just a clever username you thought was cool?

If the former do you seek out people with this condition as part of a weird and extremely specific fetish you have to partake in to be the victims of your serial murder spree or is in a much less dramatic and disturbing capacity as a doctor or some sort of scientific researcher if you don't mind my asking?
ha, learned about it in a physiology course and it stressed that it was an immediate life threatening catastrophe. One of the most dangerous situations one can have. It's like having a sliced jugular, but INTERNALLY. I thought that was metal as fuck.

ha, learned about it in a physiology course and it stressed that it was an immediate life threatening catastrophe. One of the most dangerous situations one can have. It's like having a sliced jugular, but INTERNALLY. I thought that was metal as fuck.
Can't say as I disagree, lol.

On a much more depressing note we had a young lady on a company softball team I played for many years ago die of one while running the bases so yeah, definitely a terrifying thing to think about being completely random and unpredictable.

I turned the TV on the other day and saw 10 seconds of women's football.

I had to watch Universal Soldier straight afterwards to compensate.

What is it with you constantly making threads about women ? Biggest white knight cuckposter on this forum.

I like women's sports, generally speaking. But the way the TS words his post, in such an officious and condescending manner, makes me have to wonder. Do you really think you're going to convince anyone to like women's sports more? Or are you just flexing your own "moral" superiority?

The phrasing, "MMA and their fans still have a long way to go." Set aside the more substance-based items (whether or not WMMA generates money, whether or not USWNT generates X amount of money), where the hell do you think MMA fans are "going"? In the direction of moral truth? What even is that? Why do you get to decide? Is it inevitable that this is the direction that society is going to follow? How do you know. You don't. But you want to act holier than others. You're a moral paragon and these heathens are going to face the judgment day, though that judgment day is evidently still a "long way" away. And you can't figure out why others aren't as "righteous" as you, but hey, it's probably just because they haven't seen the light.

In my experience, people naturally build an appreciation for women's sports when their loved ones appreciate women's sports. And sometimes, someone's loved ones don't like sports, so they may not care for it in the same way. Fathers come to love women's basketball if their girls play women's basketball. And mothers come to love men's basketball if their boys play men's basketball. And the father may not care at all about men's basketball, and the mother may not care about women's basketball. And if you're a guy and you like men's basketball, and your children don't like basketball or any other sport, you might not care about women's basketball anyways. Does that make the person who appreciates either men's basketball or women's basketball or both more morally honorable? No. That's ludicrous.

Now, I'm very supportive of say, Title IX, as it pertains to athletic funding (I won't give an opinion on the other, more controversial aspects). Because I think it's great to spread sports and give young girls a chance to get in shape and practice teamwork and do fun activities, and I think spreading the game and giving girls equal exposure to the benefits of sport is a great thing. But when it comes to the professional entertainment industry, consumers should have the right to choose what they find entertaining, and they shouldn't be considered morally reprehensible for exercising that right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back