Stadium packed with soccer fans for the women's World Cup yet MMA "fans"...

Soccer isn't real. Its about as real as a fishy Bob Sapp fight

giphy.gif

13.gif

Ajfrpek.gif
tenor.gif

Football is an A level sport. Of course female football is on par with male MMA.

Wasn´t that a year where the females had big touneys and the men didn´t?
The women's team always makes it to the final stage of the World Cup. The men's team hasnt qualified for the finals since 1930! Here is a comparison of their respective World Cup histories:
screenshot-en-wikipedia-org-2019-06-25-09-54-11.png

screenshot-en-wikipedia-org-2019-06-25-09-54-41.png

As you can see, the men's best effort was third place way back in 1930. The women are multiple time champions and have never been worse than third. Granted, the men face MUCH more difficult opposition. But in the end, the only real metric that matters when evaluating sports is how much money they generate. And the women's team generates more while they are paid less.

uswntsoccer.jpg

Again, I must reiterate that this is unique to US Women's soccer. I can't think of any other sport where the women's team is more popular than the men's, regardless of success.

Gotta say, you are a fucking moron. The assumption that the game is a joke because stronger, faster players of the other gender may beat them is typical of most idiots here on Sherdog. If you cant appreciate the skill involved in these world cup matches then you have never really played soccer. Also, many of these women are much faster and stronger than you assume they are. Just fyi, i have played soccer for over 40 years and have played with all levels of both male and female players, so my opinions are based on experience.

lol its a joke for the same reason WMMA and WNBA is a joke.

The talent level is so monumentally lower than it is in men's sports that you have to question why people would want to watch it.

Your opinions are based on naive gender politics

Because womens football is the only international sport that America are currently any good at...

the mens team are shite, they dont play cricket, their rugby team are amateurs. Basically as far as team sports go, the Womens World Cup is the only thing USA can win

I been having a good time watching Woman's World Cup, but in no way is it "selling out" stadiums.
They barely get paid good salary being there, since most of them after the tournament have to go back to their weekly jobs.

Ofc world cup is gonna be more watched. What is the first thing u learn as a kid? To go out and play football or how to lock up an arm in guillotine?

LOL this moron could have at least used Wimbledon. Infinitely bigger than women's soccer.

@PrideJitZoo I know u have to carry on living and whatnot, but female athletes are in fact inferior.

tenor.gif

I wouldn't watch soccer male or female if they played it on my front lawn.

once you get up to 115 or more fans, its easy to get choked out by the sheer volume

The thing is women's soccer is just as bad regular soccer. WMMA is way worse than MMA.

Sort of kidding. WMMA is fine. Not kidding about soccer tho.

Because womens football is the only international sport that America are currently any good at...

the mens team are shite, they dont play cricket, their rugby team are amateurs. Basically as far as team sports go, the Womens World Cup is the only thing USA can win
Basketball is very popular internationally and is the second most popular sport (to soccer) in numerous countries in Europe, Asia and South America.

The US women's national basketball team has won a higher percentage of gold medals than the men's team but fails to capture an audience. They are better overall than the women's soccer team but no one seems to care.

The USWNT is unique in this regard among female sports. It has a rabid and broad fanbase that overshadows the mens team in a nation that never cared about soccer in the first place.

The thing is women's soccer is just as bad regular soccer. WMMA is way worse than MMA.

Sort of kidding. WMMA is fine. Not kidding about soccer tho.
Women's soccer is a lot better than women's mma. It's just a slower version of mens soccer, with the same technique and skill exhibited. Women's MMA is qualitatively different from men's MMA. It's like watching a whole different sport.

LOL this moron could have at least used Wimbledon. Infinitely bigger than women's soccer.

@PrideJitZoo I know u have to carry on living and whatnot, but female athletes are in fact inferior.

tenor.gif
womens-world-cup-fans-0207a-.jpg

lol the World Cup is way bigger than Wimbledon. The streets of London were packed with drunken British chicks (moreso than usual) celebrating every goal made. Pubs reporting it was the biggest night of the year.

Seems like the rest of the nations dont care much about it, but USA and England have a rabid fanbase.

Different fanbase. Rednecks and incels don't watch soccer.

Jarl

Back