Stadium packed with soccer fans for the women's World Cup yet MMA "fans"...

Oh I'm not arguing that women's soccer is more popular than women's MMA...........I'm simply in awe that anybody cares that much about either. Women's sport is painful to watch and is universally sub-standard in comparison to men.
Well to be fair, most women's soccer fans are actually women. It's the male WMMA fans that confuse me.

Alex Morgan tapped you out and then sipped some tea.

Are women gonna start watching sport on a regular basis?

They want people to recognize their sports leagues, but women themselves are -in a nutshell- not interested on it. Then, somehow, it is men's fault that nobody cares about Wsomething.
And now every 4 years we get to see all the rage over Wsoccer, but you know that as soon as Wworld cup is over they'll forget it for 3.9 years, so all teams will get back to their hideouts.

I hope they build up momentum not by complaining but by actually enjoying sports as much as men do. Women nowadays like beer, they're ready for prime time!

Just saw the results of the July 4th hotdog eating contest.....

Joey Chestnut took home the title once again by downing 71 dogs.
The female winner managed 31.

They can't even eat well. Fucking women in sport.

The viewership is different from men's soccer, but just as rabid. There are viewing parties all over NYC for the Womens World Cup and they pack bars and streets. It is majority female.
18029879_DATEBOOK_MERcc9e8f2e542309c2c12b152c26b2fsoccer0706-700x500.jpg

1091942_609bb3c27a7ffd4f7fc2c25a5313b810-692x360.jpg

soccer.jpg

Even the benchwarmers on the USWNT are bigger stars than the UFC women's champions. Shertards really have no clue how big this team is because they live in a tiny echo chamber with simpletons that idolize cagefighters.

And for you desperate virgins out there- these viewing parties are the best places to meet chicks if you want the odds in your favor.

And no, it's not just because they're dominant. UCONN Womens basketball team is even more dominant and they barely have a fanbase. This is unique to the US women's national soccer team.

I'm a Brit so had no idea that it had taken off to that degree over there.

However my point still stands as it will be interesting to see if this level of support continues without the intense media spotlight of a world cup.

Back