SSF Fairtex/Mexican Style glove review *pics*

Adino

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys this was my most unexpected Christmas present, I was really pumped that my mom got a pair if these ordered for me. The only better surprise is the gloves themselves, freakin sweet. This initial review will be for construction and give yall some pictures to look at :wink: , after some use in the next few weeks Ill update this thread with how they are holding up and performing.
The quality of these is top notch, the leather is super nice and the stitching and construction has the signs of lasting a long time while dealing with a lot of abuse. The wrist strap is wide and thick; I really don

Here is the nice stitching, the red even matches the glove (all about the details right :D ).
Picture008-2.jpg

And one more look at the gloves:
Picture013.jpg

wow, those are beautiful.

Ron = God?

not a problem Ron, your more than welcome.

wow pumping out the reviews Adino, looks like your top dog until I get some more time to review. nice one man. Those gloves look good.

~Foz

Thanks guys I still got one more on the way this week :wink:

How heavy are those, again, Ron?

I own a pair of 14 oz. Fairtex and they're great, but those pics display a glove that appears to me to absolutely blow away everything in its price class, and although it's not high on my priority list, I would like a heavier set of gloves.

I have a pair and they are great, so far they have taken a bit of punishment and still look good. I'm really happy with the quality of the gloves.

Madmick those are 16oz gloves but I am going to make them in a Black/white/red combo in 16 and 18oz gloves soon.

Thanks for the kind words to all.

www.SSFgear.com

SSF said:
Madmick those are 16oz gloves but I am going to make them in a Black/white/red combo in 16 and 18oz gloves soon.

Thanks for the kind words to all.

www.SSFgear.com
18 would definitely be sweet to work the bag.

matsumi said:
I have a pair and they are great, so far they have taken a bit of punishment and still look good. I'm really happy with the quality of the gloves.

How long have you had them?

I have the proto-type that Ron gave me a year or so ago and it's been working out great for me. I have been selling them at my school for the past 6 months and everyone who's bought them loves them. Ron swapped one pair out before I even sold it because he said that the lot that that glove came from had a few flaws and he was sending them all back to be replaced. I know he's been selling a bunch to Muay Thai schools.

Matsumi is a SSF sponsored fighter and has had the gloves for 4 months or so.
John is a friend and has been using the gloves for about a year.
Both these guys are bias so go with Adino's review;)

www.SSFgear.com

I have really enjoyed these gloves thus far and they are holding up great. I have done more bag work than sparring so far but several guys at my Dojo use these and love sparring with them; both punching and getting punched (if you can really enjoy that :D ). Let me know if you guys have any more questions about how they are holding up.

Back