SSF Fairtex/Mexican Style glove review *pics*

so these 16 ounce gloves are a good glove for sparring??

noob question, how heavy are competition boxing gloves

I3C727 said:

Great for sparring, I think it might depend on the competition but I'm not sure.

I3C727 said:

10 oz and 12 oz in amateur boxing.

Fairtex actually has two black/red/white combos.

BGV4-14_md.jpg

0115_md.gif

I was thinking about this color combo since I have the two above;
FairtexWhite.gif

They look pretty good ehh?
SSFBlkThai.jpg

SSFRG2.jpg

www.SSFgear.com

It's a glove that is made in the style of a fairtex/mexican style glove.

Thanks Adino. Let me try that again. What, exactly. is a Fairtex / Mexican style glove? What is distinctive about a Fairtex glove that we would be looking for in a replication? And what is a Mexican style glove? Is it the same thing as a Fairtex glove? Or is the SSF a hybrid replica of Fairtex and Mexican? My best guess is that Mexican refers to Cleto Reyes style, and my best guess about Cleto Reyes / Mexican style is that they are harder padded gloves (i.e. less forgiving for sparring). Those are my best guesses, as I've been able to put together from my research for a pair of gloves so far, but I'm really not sure and if anyone has some description / explanation, I would find that most helpful. Thanks.

The gloves are combo of the Fairtex and the Mexican gloves. They are a little stiffer (like the Cleto Reyes) then our standard boxing gloves and the fit is more like the Fairtex. Our gloves are not as stiff as the Reyes but are stiffer then our standard boxing gloves.

www.SSFgear.com

I got ya Motzart, I hope SSF cleared it up for you, he is the guy to go to.

SSF said:
I was thinking about this color combo since I have the two above;
FairtexWhite.gif

They look pretty good ehh?
SSFBlkThai.jpg

SSFRG2.jpg

www.SSFgear.com

I've been waiting to buy a pair of the black shelled gloves but I would definitely buy a white shelled version first. They just look so much sleaker and cleaner.

They do look cool but my white Fairtex look dirty as hell already, that's the only down side (same as white shorts).

www.SSFgear.com

I agree. Ron sent me a pair of these gloves and they are awesome!!! I recommend them to anyone.

I recently ordered a pair of these (the black ones) and absolutely love them. Only issue I have is that they don't fit with wraps for me, but I have that problem with lots of gloves since I have huge hands.

Big thumbs up for the gloves, and big thumbs up for SSF's customer service. Ron and staff are great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back