Squat 315x20

*stands and applauds*
No critique from me as I am unqualified to do so, but, I applaud the effort.
Wednesday is my squat day....consider me inspired.

Lusst said:
P.S. - That sounded kinda gay. :icon_lol:

How?

Doing 20 rep sets on any muscle with high weight will make it impressive looking.

I was commenting on how his quads must look because of how high the reps are.

Wilhelm, I'm up to around 235-240ish now.

Tranqsta, one of the benefits(as I see it) of squatting with a wide stance is the increased recruitment of the hamstrings and glutes. I was actually much more fatigued in my glutes than anywhere else after last nights squats. Overhead squats really work my quads though.

I thought the depth looked fine on those, awesome work.

Nice work Barut. Let me guess though - you are right handed?

Grady said:
Nice work Barut. Let me guess though - you are right handed?

Pretty obvious, huh? I'm glad I wasn't born a left-handed mutant...

Barut said:
Pretty obvious, huh? I'm glad I wasn't born a left-handed mutant...

Not that obvious! I just noticed that your power on the right was a slight bit more. I have the same issue.

Man, I hate squats, but it sure feels great when you finish a nice set like that!!

Wow, like everyone else said that was amazing bro. I don't know what it is but whenever I see videos like this it really motivates me to try harder in the gym next time :icon_twis

nice job, barut!

now as been said, you're a little high. nothing terrible, but a couple inches.
i also think you have more weight in ya for 20 reps. that was a fast 20 rep squat session.

but i can't to that, so props to ya.

Good job. Very impressive. I have done 140kg for 9 reps although I squat to parallel which is slightly deeper than you. However, even if I squat to the depth that you were squatting (which to be fair was pretty close to parallel I thought; I wouldn't have thought that you would have to go much deeper than what you were doing) I would not be able to get anywhere near the 20 reps which you did.

Good job but I agree with others who mentioned it that you should work on your depth more. If I were you, I'd master getting depth on the wide stance breathing squats, then do a buffer routine, then do another period of breathing squats with a narrower stance and master that form, buffer routine again, then go back to wide stance, etc, etc....otherwise you got the right idea. Good shit :)

Most of the reps in that video were above parallel, but you weren't very high. Drop the depth a little lower and you'll be good to go.

Barut, if you've got a lifting partner, get him to help you judge depth, you might be surprised what little it takes to reach depth.

Or you put a below parallel box under your ass but instead of doing real boxsquats you go down untill you slightly touch the box and then push back up.

Thanks for the ideas guys. My brother-in-law lifts with me, but I'm never sure if I can trust his opinion on form and such.

Show him what parallel is(or just below), and ask him to give you squat command every time you reach that depth.

Back