Spot reduction doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGauntlet7**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like it has worked for me. I do many situps so I have a 4 pack, but I don't have a 6 pack because I barely did leg lifts. I work my legs heavily through presses and cardio, so my legs are ripped. However, I do not have low overall body fat, I have a spare tire. I have not been on a diet either.

So you gained hypertrophy in specific areas, to make it look like you had less fat in comparison to the muscle gained. You didn't actually spot burn the fat off.

holy fuck !!
this is irrefutable evidence if ive ever heard it.
you know, i didnt believe it, but now i do

Sweet. Any tips dude? I only have a one and a half pack but i want a four. maybe a tear drop but nothin crazy

A 4-pack AND a spare tire? I would love to see pics of this mistake of nature.

I know a fat old master chief who does 100+ situps in the fitness test. No two, four or six pack. Theory refuted. True story.

I'm fat fat, and my top two abs are clearly visible. Why? Because they're large and most of the fat in my belly sinks downwards, thanks to gravity. Spot reduction is nothing to do with it.

Well, congratulations on defying the laws of biology and being a mutant.

So you have a high % of body fat and don't watch your diet but the reason you have a spare tire is because you don't do leg raises? Riiiiight.

Don't come back until you start doing leg raises and suddenly have a 6-pack.

Hint: you won't be back.

It doesn't. Never has, never will. If you lose fat in a place you want off the bat, you're just very lucky.

P.S. Some people have six packs, some have eight packs, some have four packs.

We need pictures for proof and illustration of what you're talking about.

So you have a high % of body fat and don't watch your diet but the reason you have a spare tire is because you don't do leg raises? Riiiiight.

Don't come back until you start doing leg raises and suddenly have a 6-pack.

Hint: you won't be back.

15% is high? I didn't say I had a high percentage of body fat, that was your lack of comprehension. I don't know if I care too much about having a six pack, but if I do, leg raises and diet will be key to that.

15% is high? I didn't say I had a high percentage of body fat, that was your lack of comprehension. I don't know if I care too much about having a six pack, but if I do, leg raises and diet will be key to that.

You're a moron. Bold and underlined is the only part so far that's been correct.

You're a moron. Bold and underlined is the only part so far that's been correct.

Building muscle isn't part of having a six pack? I understand diet is much more important, but building a muscle to achieve that aesthetic should not be overlooked, saying otherwise is ignorant, which I'm sure you're used to.

I find it funny that I came here questioning something because I personally experienced something contrary to popular belief. My questioning of this may be wrong, but I never vehementally denied it, or claimed to be an expert. My goal was to receive maturely explained evidence for or against what I questioned. Yet I get a whole bunch of bitchy responses lol. Have fun guys! And to the few that responded productively, thanks.

Building muscle isn't part of having a six pack? I understand diet is much more important, but building a muscle to achieve that aesthetic should not be overlooked, saying otherwise is ignorant, which I'm sure you're used to.

I find it funny that I came here questioning something because I personally experienced something contrary to popular belief. My questioning of this may be wrong, but I never vehementally denied it, or claimed to be an expert. My goal was to receive maturely explained evidence for or against what I questioned. Yet I get a whole bunch of bitchy responses lol. Have fun guys! And to the few that responded productively, thanks.

Building muscle may be a part, but at 15% bodyfat, unless you're Pudz or similar, then you're not going to be able to see it. Hypertrophy may develop the muscle, but it is the diet and reduced BF% that allows you to see the six pack.

You didn't come in and ask a question, you came in and made a statement, and sounded as though you were just dropping by to say "Oh gee guys, you're all wrong about stuff".

Also, you realise that the rectus abdominus is one muscle, right? What gives the divisions which cause the six-pack appearance is connective tissue- and you can't change the way that lies. This is why some people, even at the highest end of bodybuilding, appear to have "uneven" abdominals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back