• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sport Jiu-Jitsu in a street fight, Its not all the same!

Budo Jake uses superior sport JJ to beat Ralph Gracie

[YT]PAQ0qMaxCy8[/YT]

Ralph Gracie teaching self defense

[YT]a0aMm2Q72AI[/YT]

[YT]KwF30Szln-A[/YT]

Geoff Thompson is the real deal in my opinion when it comes to having first hand experience of knowing the difference between being a martial artist and someone who has fought in the streets.

This vid is interesting , grappling comes up around 3:10 ish

Let's see...he says never go to the ground, hit them before they hit you.

The same stuff I always say that everyone rags on me about.

Maybe I'm Geoff Thompson. lol

^^ his book on his account of being a bouncer is a dam good read and very eye opening if you ever get the chance to rad it

I have seen them win gold medals in local tournaments, against well known sport bjj gyms.

I also went to every gym in my area and trained with their guys, the Gracie places really surprised me. I thought I was going to run right over them, the opposite happened.

They are definitely competitive with the other gyms despite not training very hard.

I'd attribute that to superior technique.

You need to name the competitions and the medals they won.

People train hard and compete for such event.

You just cannot take that away from them.

So just give the required info or just do not mention it.

You need to name the competitions and the medals they won.

People train hard and compete for such event.

You just cannot take that away from them.

So just give the required info or just do not mention it.

LOL hilarious.

I didn't take anything from them, they still won.

Here's a video I found of a gracie brown belt beating a 50/50 brown belt at a sub only tournament and winning gold. An over 30 guy fighting in the adult division. That's gotta hurt.

My advice is give it up, you're wrong.

[YT]-LSaFWR67rk[/YT]

Social conditioning is the best self defence strategy. Seriously, do people get into street fights? lolol

This.

I haven't been in a fight scince high school. How hard is it to behave like a well adjusted adult?

LOL hilarious.

I didn't take anything from them, they still won.

Here's a video I found of a gracie brown belt beating a 50/50 brown belt at a sub only tournament and winning gold. An over 30 guy fighting in the adult division. That's gotta hurt.

My advice is give it up, you're wrong.

[YT]-LSaFWR67rk[/YT]
Lechien has been a quality poster here for years, sharing tech and insight and helping grapplers of all ranks. You're just something to amuse us until you're banned.

Lol at "That's gotta hurt" take a look at my avatar and check out a brown belt tapping one of the greatest Gracies to ever live. Now that.. that's gotta hurt.

He lives in the woods according to him. Don't bother, he's fucking clown shoes. Said he only took three Judo classes or something and he's unthrowable. Everything that comes out of his mouth is disrespect.

Don't forget his heaps of real world experience hunting "urban" individuals.

This.

I haven't been in a fight scince high school. How hard is it to behave like a well adjusted adult?

Ehh. I still get in fights every now and then sad to say. Alcohol has a lot to do with it. I'm a poor mans Conor McGregor. Mouthy, Irish(-American), ginger beard, side part, chest piece, and born four days apart. We even dress similar. I've got a punchable face and a penchant to be a dick if someone's being well.. a Johnsouth in public. Also if some guy is being an asshole to a girl I'll just be a dick to draw his attention.

But I haven't been in a fight in like three months. I grew up scrapping almost daily, luckily I found BJJ to keep me from likely getting stabbed, or even worse stabbing someone else (something like that. I'm sure you get my point)

Lechien has been a quality poster here for years, sharing tech and insight and helping grapplers of all ranks. You're just something to amuse us until you're banned.

Lol at "That's gotta hurt" take a look at my avatar and check out a brown belt tapping one of the greatest Gracies to ever live. Now that.. that's gotta hurt.

Nice attempt at changing the subject but I proved my point.

50/50 is Ryan Hall's school, is it not?

Now tell me again how GJJ won't work in the street because they can't roll with resistance. lol

This.

The older guy on the train that was attacked by the Michael Brown mob was "well adjusted" and offered no resistance. They beat and kicked him anyway and cackled like hyenas.

That's my point, most of you have been coddled your whole lives, now you think you know something. Worst of all is your arrogance, you obviously can't even follow the news.

I think most of you should be dropped in a third world country for a year....or Atlanta. lol

Nice attempt at changing the subject but I proved my point.

50/50 is Ryan Hall's school, is it not?

Now tell me again how GJJ won't work in the street because they can't roll with resistance. lol

Changing the subject? You find one example of the a brown belt match at a small tourney. I pointed out a brown belt tapping one of the best Gracies of all time. I'm just following your lead there big guy. You do know what match is in my avatar right?

You're too fucking scared (which is why I think you're a liar. A person of your character would likely bullshit about things like that) to post any accomplishments of your training partners that you say are worldbeaters. Won't even say what tournaments they compete in.

Me thinks you get most of your training where you get your arguments.

youtube

Changing the subject? You find one example of the a brown belt match at a small tourney. I pointed out a brown belt tapping one of the best Gracies of all time. I'm just following your lead there big guy. You do know what match is in my avatar right?

You're too fucking scared (which is why I think you're a liar. A person of your character would likely bullshit about things like that) to post any accomplishments of your training partners that you say are worldbeaters. Won't even say what tournaments they compete in.

Me thinks you get most of your training where you get your arguments.

youtube

Irrelevant.

Gracie fighters can win local tournaments and can therefore hold their own against other sport schools such as 50/50, that's my point.

You lost that argument.

The older guy on the train that was attacked by the Michael Brown mob was "well adjusted" and offered no resistance. They beat and kicked him anyway and cackled like hyenas.

That's my point, most of you have been coddled your whole lives, now you think you know something. Worst of all is your arrogance, you obviously can't even follow the news.

I think most of you should be dropped in a third world country for a year....or Atlanta. lol

Been to several third world countries and I'm likely moving to Thailand near the end of 2016. Where have you been? Why is Atlanta comparable a third world country hmm?

(Ippy are you surprised it took him this long to talk about African Americans?)

So you're saying Ryron is untappable...not helping your case.

Eh? How did you get that? I don't think you even know what my case is.

I'm saying you don't know better than one of the world's top grapplers and that watching something and thinking you would do better is meaningless egotism similar to people criticising international sportsmen they watch on TV.

Been to several third world countries and I'm likely moving to Thailand near the end of 2016. Where have you been? Why is Atlanta comparable a third world country hmm?

(Ippy are you surprised it took him this long to talk about African Americans?)

Actually you brought it up.

Don't scream for help or change the subject.

I think you should hang out there, may improve your attitude.

You're a nasty little guy I'll give ya that.

Eh? How did you get that? I don't think you even know what my case is.

I'm saying you don't know better than one of the world's top grapplers and that watching something and thinking you would do better is meaningless egotism similar to people criticising international sportsmen they watch on TV.

Use your own judgement, watch the dang tape already.

Is his arm exposed and away from his body or not? If it is you can tap him or at least try.

I never said I'd do better, you can't read.

Besides all you're saying is Ryron has perfect defense and gave him no opportunity to score.

Which is kind of the same as saying he's real good.

Actually you brought it up.

Don't scream for help or change the subject.

I think you should hang out there, may improve your attitude.

You're a nasty little guy I'll give ya that.

Why is Atlanta a third world country. I know why you think it is, but I'd like you to say it if you're brazen enough. What happens in third world countries? You suggest we go. I've been. So, like all of this (your entire post history)are you just spouting unfounded bullshit?

As said before the easiest way to avoid a fight is to be socially aware and conscious of your actions and surroundings. and LOL at the poster that said racist shit to a Hispanic poster in the WR calling me nasty. I take that as a compliment.

Use your own judgement, watch the dang tape already.

Is his arm exposed and away from his body or not? If it is you can tap him or at least try.

I never said I'd do better, you can't read.

Besides all you're saying is Ryron has perfect defense and gave him no opportunity to score.

Which is kind of the same as saying he's real good.

Says his arm is exposed/ says his defense is perfect. Which is it?

Cant believe this argument is still going on in this day and age. Let people who think they can be fluent in a soccer game by practicing free kicks get on with it.

If they can't be convinced by getting their ass handed to them by people who actually grapple, then they can't be convinced.

Back