*Spoilers* Just finished Witcher 2 and started Witcher 3.

Another question I just thought of -

I know Geralt has to choose either Triss or Yennefer (not both) by the end of the main game.

Does the choice effect the DLCs at all?

Don't go into specifics, please.
It doesn't affect questlines iirc. It affects cutscenes in Blood and Wine.

Play it on Easy.

Kinda wish I did. The early game (Prologue and Chapter 1) is very tough because you're so underpowered and have to rely on hit&dodge tactics to survive. The gameplay was very 'meh' even by 2011 standards.

I'd estimate it'll take 15-20 hours to complete, when played on Easy, but only because there is no fast-travel and Geralt runs slowly.
I played 3 on easy because I was getting my shit kicked in. It was very enjoyable though.

It affects one tiny aspect of one of the DLCs but not enough to make you regret anything. Just choose the one you like better.

Obviously finish the main game first, but do Hearts of Stone before Blood and Wine. Blood and Wine is much more difficult and HOS is good to get your level up.
Both are easy aside from one specific fight in Blood and Wine
Make sure to hard save often. Your choices have a huge impact on the ending of the game. There are several different endings and if you don’t get the one you wanted you can go back.
I just played through how I wanted then watched the other endings on YouTube. Definitely not worth it to replay the game imo. Lol

So their, or one's, role in the DLCs are minimal.

That's disappointing.
The DLC's are incredible, especially HOS. You won't miss the gals much.

Wait till you meet Gaunter
dimm2.gif

The DLC's are incredible, especially HOS. You won't miss the gals much.

Wait till you meet Gaunter
dimm2.gif

(Possible light spoilers) He may already have

Play on easy early on until you notice it's too easy, the beginning is hard and more meandering than 2.

Ciri being 10 was in the beginning dream sequence.

A lot of the game doesn't involve Triss or Yennefer and you'll probably still love it so don't worry about them not being in the dlc. Do it after you've finished the main quest but you can do it whenever you want.

Your interactions with Ciri shape her ending, just be supportive & encouraging dad for the best one

heheh, that was cool to find out, sneaky bastard.

When that old blind man talks about him in HOS, it sent shivers down my spine

The song that plays for him (You know the one) really sets the mood.

The song that plays for him (You know the one) really sets the mood.
I hope he's incorporated into Cyberpunk as an easter egg. I could see him being behind, or influencing certain corporations. Hopefully there's a sidequest with (avoid this Gear)
Ciri, or she makes some appearance. I loved that moment where she talks about a futuristic city

I hope he's incorporated into Cyberpunk as an easter egg. I could see him being behind, or influencing certain corporations. Hopefully there's a sidequest with (avoid this Gear)
Ciri, or she makes some appearance. I loved that moment where she talks about a futuristic city

I think they said there'd be no Witcher stuff in Cyberpunk. But that's a great way to surprise us more if they do it.

Man I wish I could play Witcher 3 again for the first time.

You are in for a treat my friend.

Gwent is super fun IMO. I dont think you get much for winning matches other then getting more cards.

The DLCs are amongst the best DLCs of all time IMO.

Fuck me, I had no idea Witcher 2's choices were so impactful within the game itself.

I may have to do another playthrough before playing through Witcher 3 a second time.

It was never revealed to me the dragon-lady the king fights at the beginning of Chapter 2 is actually the mind-controlled dragon you fight at the end of Chapter 3.

I recommend doing the DLCs after the main quest, which will be just about the correct level anyway. I also recommend turning on the enemy level scaling option because if you do any side quests you will rapidly become overlevelled for the main questline.

It's an awesome game. Have fun.

I didn't think the main questline's story was on par with the first two games' stories, but the gameplay is significantly improved, the side quests are good, and the DLCs are fantastic. Hearts of Stone is probably my favorite DLC questline I can think of for any game.
Hearts of Stone is better than most stand alone game. That final quest line in the painting was emotional.

Witcher 2 was an amazing game. Might not be your experience but I was severely let down by #3's story telling. It's weird because #3 has great and deep side quest but their main story is lacking big time.

Don't enter the high stakes qwent tournament when you're still a low level weakling. I ended up having a really bad experience when this mother fucking cockroach elf challenged me to a fistfight after I took his cards. Due to the level difference he was considerable harder than all of the other enemies in the game, including all bosses. I still have nightmares about that fuckhead.

Favorite game on PS4 and I missed the first two. Ended up getting the two DLC's but got stuck on the very last boss. Went into the battle unprepared and now I'm stuck in between cut scenes and can't do anything about it :(

Don't enter the high stakes qwent tournament when you're still a low level weakling. I ended up having a really bad experience when this mother fucking cockroach elf challenged me to a fistfight after I took his cards. Due to the level difference he was considerable harder than all of the other enemies in the game, including all bosses. I still have nightmares about that fuckhead.

I'm taking my time and enjoying picking up the best hero cards and getting my strategies in order before going into the tournament.

Currently my deck is a 4 out of 5, and going to get the 'Old Pals' gwent games completed before doing the tournament.

I think I'm Level 15, and beat some missions recommended for level 25 characters.

I'm taking my time and enjoying picking up the best hero cards and getting my strategies in order before going into the tournament.

Currently my deck is a 4 out of 5, and going to get the 'Old Pals' gwent games completed before doing the tournament.

I think I'm Level 15, and beat some missions recommended for level 25 characters.

If you're playing on one of the easier difficulties i expect he won't be so much of a problem. On death march, fist fighting a high level opponent isn't fun, as you're much more limited tactically as you can't use the bombs and potions you can with regular combat. Basically you need to land dozens of consecutive shots, and your opponent only needs to land 1 or 2. Definitely a situation you'll want to avoid.

If you're playing on one of the easier difficulties i expect he won't be so much of a problem. On death march, fist fighting a high level opponent isn't fun, as you're much more limited tactically as you can't use the bombs and potions you can with regular combat. Basically you need to land dozens of consecutive shots, and your opponent only needs to land 1 or 2. Definitely a situation you'll want to avoid.

I was playing on Hard, but then realized I don't recover any health after meditating.

Fuck that. Dropped it down to medium.

Probably wise. I have the illness where I gravitate towards the hardest difficulties, but in a game like the witcher 3 it probably doesn't add much to the experience at all. It just means you're more limited in which quests you can do at any given level.

The Witcher 2 was a much better experience for me. The pacing was great.

The pacing in TW3 ruined the game and is the reason why it literally took me 2 years to beat. If the first half of the game did not exist I would rate it 9.5/10. With the full game, 8/10.

The Witcher 2 was a much better experience for me. The pacing was great.

The pacing in TW3 ruined the game and is the reason why it literally took me 2 years to beat. If the first half of the game did not exist I would rate it 9.5/10. With the full game, 8/10.

I got the game and season pass on day one. yet to beat the game. I got through Witcher 2 in like 10 days. W3 just doesn't draw me in. Combat is super easy and simple, and far too many missions that aren't monster hunts end up with "Take mission, search with cat vision for 8 minutes, fight, twist in quest story, search again, fight, collect pay" structure. Super boring. Game was super easy even with the enhanced edition or ghost mode mods, which are supposed to make it harder.

Back