Spielberg wasting his time with a West Side Story remake?

With the number of great movies he has made, I believe he has earned the right to do whatever he wants.

With the number of great movies he has made, I believe he has earned the right to do whatever he wants.

Yep and I have the right to complain when he chooses projects I dont like and I dont like West Side Story

Nobody:
Speilberg: I'm going to remake West Side Story

Why is he doing this? Would much rather see him do something more mature and badass. He should do a WW1 movie in the same style as Saving Private Ryan. 1917 was great but theres room for another WW1 movie that shows more of the large scale carnage like Battle of Somme, Passendale etc... Spielberg is the man for that job imo SPR Omaha beach sequence still the goat rewatch it don't @ me
It's going to end with a white dude getting cut up by MS-13, and then MS-13 administering their famous motto on the female lead. Really bad idea, Steven.

Yep and I have the right to complain when he chooses projects I dont like and I dont like West Side Story
Then dont watch it, and post about how dumb it is on the internet.

<Fedor23>

Would hardly call Saving Private Ryan the greatest war movie ever. It has the best 30 minute sequence with the invsnsion of Normandy but after kind of meh.
Nah. Vin Diesel getting sniped. The assault on the machine gun nest. The final battle for the bridge. Those were all great battle scenes.

There’s other great scenes too, like going through the dog tags or meeting Ryan at the ambush. You’re definitely wrong in dismissing the rest of the movie.

Oh, GTFO.

The last Indiana Jones was a bust, and War Horse was one of the most overrated films of the past decade, but he has made Lincoln, Bridge of Spies, and The Adventures of Tin Tin in just the past decade. The majority of directors don't turn out three works that good infi their entire careers. He also directed Munich in 2005 which is one of the best films ever made.
1 movie that is mostly known for main actor's acting. 1 mediocre film. An animated film that is fun but devoided of any uniqueness.

You forgot to mention his masterpieces in BFG , ready player one and jurasic world lolllll

Again he hasn't made shit last in 10 years.

Sure, but I find it ironic because he and Scorsese have been the pennon-bearers of those censuring Hollywood for the creatively bankrupt culture of endless remakes and reboots.

Why not just go to the creative inspiration, and put out another Romeo and Juliet? Go ahead and set the two great houses in modern day America. Let Romeo's father be a hard-nosed American plutocratic politician with his roots of power in police enforcement like the DEA, and make Juliet's father a Mexican drug lord. Somebody can finally try to beat what Zefirelli did on film.

That's more interesting to me.
Fuck that. How bout the hard-nosed American Politicians daughter is fuckin some Mexican drug lord.
Let me guess, too rattling for some?

My buddy worked sound on this, I'll ask him if it's any good. He also did Joker and is nominated for an Oscar for it.

this does indeed sound like the worst idea for a remake i have heard of

Fuck that. How bout the hard-nosed American Politicians daughter is fuckin some Mexican drug lord.
Let me guess, too rattling for some?
You're trite and you don't even realize it.

1 movie that is mostly known for main actor's acting. 1 mediocre film. An animated film that is fun but devoided of any uniqueness.
Funny that nobody else found a way to direct such a superb performance. That's why Spielberg is so great. Some other insecure asshole like Zach Snyder, Rian Johnson, or even the wonderful Steven Soderbergh would have found a way to bungle Lincoln with some intrusive technical bullshit because they can't settle their egos for 90 minutes, and just tell a story. Spielberg disappears when it makes sense. That in itself requires talent, craft, and character.
You forgot to mention his masterpieces in BFG , ready player one and jurasic world lolllll
BFG was just okay. The former paled in comparison to another animation that came out around the same time named A Monster Calls. I didn't care for Ready Player One, and am confused why so many adored it.
Again he hasn't made shit last in 10 years.
I wonder how many directors wish they had a decade where they "hadn't made shit" by notching seven films with IMDb ratings of 7.0+: four of which were Academy Award Best Picture nominees.

BFG was just okay. The former paled in comparison to another animation that came out around the same time named A Monster Calls.
I think I've heard of that one; having loved BFG down to its gigantic hammer-time toes I'm keen to see what you consider superior.

As for READY PLAYER ONE it was the 3D car race, the Overlook Hotel, and including Toshiro Mifune that made this film unassailably cool for me. I acknowledge that it's a film with a very small audience tho, since CGI technology wasn't sophisticated enough at the point in which the story would have been more relevant to kids' interests. That's an is-what-it-is complaint for me (and a minor one).

Plus, Hannah John-Kamen.

Funny that nobody else found a way to direct such a superb performance. That's why Spielberg is so great. Some other insecure asshole like Zach Snyder, Rian Johnson, or even the wonderful Steven Soderbergh would have found a way to bungle Lincoln with some intrusive technical bullshit because they can't settle their egos for 90 minutes, and just tell a story. Spielberg disappears when it makes sense. That in itself requires talent, craft, and character.

BFG was just okay. The former paled in comparison to another animation that came out around the same time named A Monster Calls. I didn't care for Ready Player One, and am confused why so many adored it.

I wonder how many directors wish they had a decade where they "hadn't made shit" by notching seven films with IMDb ratings of 7.0+: four of which were Academy Award Best Picture nominees.

That's why give DDL such a huge credit for giving such a fantastic performance since he was given a medicore script as well as the direction from berg.

BFG was a garbage lol

Ready player one was a again a blend blockbuster film that was plastered with CGI that made eyes bleed.

speaking as if achieving IMDb 7.0 is some kind of a huge accomplishment lol

Both Last jedi and transformers got the same score from IMDb

Bottom line is, Berg used to be a great director who consistently put out some great hits. However, it is now

It is now quite evident that he doesn't have what it takes to make any types of big budget films and has to resort making small drama films that have largely been meh or mediocre, and hence indicating that he is fully washed.

That's why give DDL such a huge credit for giving such a fantastic performance since he was given a medicore script as well as the direction from berg.

BFG was a garbage lol

Ready player one was a again a blend blockbuster film that was plastered with CGI that made eyes bleed.

speaking as if achieving IMDb 7.0 is some kind of a huge accomplishment lol

Both Last jedi and transformers got the same score from IMDb

Bottom line is, Berg used to be a great director who consistently put out some great hits. However, it is now
The Last Jedi came out in 2017, and despite the #woke vote, has already fallen to 7.0, and won't maintain that. Films continue to decline for ~5 years after they're released (it held a 7.9 after the first week). It's also a Star Wars film.

So, no, you can't discount seven 7.0+ ratings by the people by trying to nitpick a single movie you can find that you know enjoys popular disdain in the Sherdog demographic. Nice try. This is a logical fallacy known as a faulty generalization, or an appeal to the extreme. Spielberg's scores are not a single outlier, and besides, a 7+ by the people is a 7+. Your opinion isn't that important. Like it or not the collective, egalitarian opinion holds more weight.

You seem to hold the opinion that because he hasn't directed any movies that are candidates for the AFI Top 100 movies list he is "washed up". That's stupid. He remains one of the most capable directors alive. Besides, it's tough to make great blockbusters in today's cinematic environment. He's not interested in making comic book movies.

The Last Jedi came out in 2017, and despite the #woke vote, has already fallen to 7.0, and won't maintain that. Films continue to decline for ~5 years after they're released (it held a 7.9 after the first week). It's also a Star Wars film.

So, no, you can't discount seven 7.0+ ratings by the people by trying to nitpick a single movie you can find that you know enjoys popular disdain in the Sherdog demographic. Nice try. This is a logical fallacy known as a faulty generalization, or an appeal to the extreme. Spielberg's scores are not a single outlier, and besides, a 7+ by the people is a 7+. Your opinion isn't that important. Like it or not the collective, egalitarian opinion holds more weight.b

You seem to hold the opinion that because he hasn't directed any movies that are candidates for the AFI Top 100 movies list he is "washed up". That's stupid. He remains one of the most capable directors alive. Besides, it's tough to make great blockbusters in today's cinematic environment. He's not interested in making comic book movies.

It's not logical falacy. I was simply providing you with some example to let you know having average 7 range scores in IMDb is not something the director who you call great should be proud of lol.

Any movies that are below 7 in IMDb are 99.99% garbages and not worth watching.

So basically what you are saying is " Yayy Berg's movie (beside big budget films that matters lol) in last dacades were just watchable"

Whether you want to believe or not, he is washed. As you admitted yourself, his attempts to recreat his former glory in blockbuster has gone in vain. You can just blindly chalk this up to the publics undying love for hero movies but the truth is, he just lost his touch and knocked the wrong door everytime.

Back