Spielberg wasting his time with a West Side Story remake?

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nobody:
Speilberg: I'm going to remake West Side Story

Why is he doing this? Would much rather see him do something more mature and badass. He should do a WW1 movie in the same style as Saving Private Ryan. 1917 was great but theres room for another WW1 movie that shows more of the large scale carnage like Battle of Somme, Passendale etc... Spielberg is the man for that job imo SPR Omaha beach sequence still the goat rewatch it don't @ me

West Side Story is pretty much a perfect movie. I don’t see any reason for a “reboot.”

And agreed that Spielberg could make an amazing WWI movie with the right story.

Majority of Millenials and Zoomers will love seeing West Side Story for the first time. They wont ever watch the original so why not

Anyone who says don't @ me smells their finger tips after they wipe.

Some movies don't need to be remade.

What's next, On the Waterfront? Citizen Kane?

Spielberg wants to master all genres. To show how great and versatile he is and how broad his range is. That's why he's doing West Side Story.

No point in doing another war movie, when he basically filmed the greatest war movie ever in Saving Private Ryan. Plus he produced Band of Brothers.

Meh his career is at the end, hadnt made anything relevant in a long time. If anything should go back to jaws type movies , his best movie

Yes, I'd say he's wasting his time with this.

Obvious vanity project, is obvious.

It's 2020 why can't the east side get a story already?

West Side Story is pretty much a perfect movie. I don’t see any reason for a “reboot.”

And agreed that Spielberg could make an amazing WWI movie with the right story.

Such an odd choice for him. He's an absolute legend and can do whatever he wants but yeah it's tough to choose a remake of a film that was executed very well first time out as your project. My guess is he wanted to make a musical since it's a genre he never touched (and he grew up in that era where they were almost as common as westerns).

Original West Side Story is probably one of the best entries in that genre. Robert Wise was a great director and the quality of the overall product was impressive.

Speilberg theme:
"When you're a prick, you're a prick all the way
from your first shitty remake to your to stupid big payday.."

Nobody:
Speilberg: I'm going to remake West Side Story

Why is he doing this? Would much rather see him do something more mature and badass. He should do a WW1 movie in the same style as Saving Private Ryan. 1917 was great but theres room for another WW1 movie that shows more of the large scale carnage like Battle of Somme, Passendale etc... Spielberg is the man for that job imo SPR Omaha beach sequence still the goat rewatch it don't @ me
No link

And, son, ive already seen a slew of your silly.threads. The fuck is the interest in a musical about territorial travolta turfs? Honestly, if he does a remake, tackle Grease.

And youll really piss folks off

Gross. I would rather see him do just about anything else.

No link

And, son, ive already seen a slew of your silly.threads. The fuck is the interest in a musical about territorial travolta turfs? Honestly, if he does a remake, tackle Grease.

And youll really piss folks off

Exactly!

He's also going to make a WW2 Bomber Pilot mini series in the same vein as Band of Brothers and the Pacific

You think that’s bad, David Fincher just killed the series ‘Mindhunter’ ... so that he can instead, make a movie ... about who should have the proper writing credits on Citizen Kane. What the living fuck is wrong with these people

Meh his career is at the end, hadnt made anything relevant in a long time. If anything should go back to jaws type movies , his best movie

Jaws was hardly his best movie my good sir.
He doesn't have to make anything else anyway, dude has hit movies over the 5 decades he's been active, that's a ridiculous feat.

Last edited:
Back