Spending time w/ ppl you don't like

I'm lucky enough not to have to go through this anymore,i'm so bad to people i don't like that they don't insist =].

I deal with this all the time.

I can't stand my girlfriend.

In all seriousness though, I have a weird relationship with my brother. I love him but he just has his head up his ass sometimes. He has this bully mentality that drives me up the wall

My brothers wife is so bossy and selfish.

I went on vacation with her family and my brother. I swear, the entire fucking time she had the map out, telling everyone where to go. I hadn't been to Disney World in in 8 years, and this bitch goes every couple years and was telling everyone what to do. I chose one thing; the giant ass arcade that was my only wish, and when we were finally supposed to go after days of doing shit she wanted to do, she tried to change the plans right in front of my face. So I just left and went there alone. Of course, hours later when she felt it was time to go there, her and her family showed up. It's all about her, I can't fucking stand her.

I will say, she is alright sometimes though and can be friendly and worthy of a intellectual conversation.

You just have to suck it up. It is only once a year.

That, or just drink until you pass out early. Then, wake up in the morning and go back home.

Also whenever her and my brother visit, she doesn't allow my brother to stay up and chill with me in my man cave. She won't let him leave her alone to hang out with me. He lives 2 hours away so I see him maybe like 3-4 times a year, if that. It's so fucking selfish and childish. My bro needs to grow some balls but I think he enjoys being a whipped bitch.

Alright I feel better, thank you Sherdog.

MbaQr.png

My brothers wife is so bossy and selfish.

I went on vacation with her family and my brother. I swear, the entire fucking time she had the map out, telling everyone where to go. I hadn't been to Disney World in in 8 years, and this bitch goes every couple years and was telling everyone what to do. I chose one thing; the giant ass arcade that was my only wish, and when we were finally supposed to go after days of doing shit she wanted to do, she tried to change the plans right in front of my face. So I just left and went there alone. Of course, hours later when she felt it was time to go there, her and her family showed up. It's all about her, I can't fucking stand her.

I will say, she is alright sometimes though and can be friendly and worthy of a intellectual conversation.

A lot of these people don't realize that they're being selfish. The ones that I have met have an innate need to control everything around them. It is some deeper level stuff. They just can't help it in my experience.

A lot of these people don't realize that they're being selfish. The ones that I have met have an innate need to control everything around them. It is some deeper level stuff. They just can't help it in my experience.

Exactly, they're just wired that way. You can't change some peoples worst flaws.

All I ask is that just once when she comes over, let me and my brother hang out, play some video games and for a couple hours or less, and then he can return to her almighty greatness. In almost 11 years, I think she did about once or twice.

But I honestly think he's so sucked up in this bullshit she has him wrapped in, he thinks he's supposed to be attached to her at all times. I've told him what I think because he's my bro and I care about him, but he's so far gone there's nothing I can do.

I know that feel. I'm doing the exact same thing tomorrow, that side of my family are a pure church crowd so I won't even be able to drink.

I know that feel. I'm doing the exact same thing tomorrow, that side of my family are a pure church crowd so I won't even be able to drink.

You could try the whole, "jeebus turned water into wine and partied so hard the pharosies called him a drunk". Line

Rig a drinking game against him. You guys go out to the garage and secretly take a few shots now and again throughout the night. He's drinking wild turkey, youre pounding apple juice

I live in an apartment, no garage. I do however have a decent sized balcony and happen to live on the 6th floor :icon_idea Drunk people fall sometimes.....

Pretty sure I could smoke him in a drinking game anyway, the partying beast from my younger days can be awoken when I want it to :icon_evil

Like someone already mentioned, this seems to be a big part of Christmas really, playing nice with people you wouldn't normally to make other family members happy.

It's the folks like us that grin and bare it for the greater good that hold it all together I tell ya. We know that to cause a scene because of our personal dislikes would be selfish and not in the "Spirit" of the day. If everyone started airing all their grievances , I think about 99% of family Christmas get togethers would get super awkward. So we suck it up and stick with it because we are the better people at the end of the day. Still makes it painful sometimes though ha ha

I usually grin and bare it because I like to make people happy but I can just kind of feel that given recent happenings, tomorrow is going to be tougher for me than previously

The shit thing about my get together is there wont be heaps of people around my place, so it's not like I can really avoid this tool either ha ha

Exactly, they're just wired that way. You can't change some peoples worst flaws.

All I ask is that just once when she comes over, let me and my brother hang out, play some video games and for a couple hours or less, and then he can return to her almighty greatness. In almost 11 years, I think she did about once or twice.

But I honestly think he's so sucked up in this bullshit she has him wrapped in, he thinks he's supposed to be attached to her at all times. I've told him what I think because he's my bro and I care about him, but he's so far gone there's nothing I can do.

Yeah he must seem to think that it's the norm, lolj poor guy.

Do like they did on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, put wine in a coke can. haha Funniest episode ever.

I have to have dinner with my gf's family and it's always torture. They aren't mean or anything, we just have zero in common. They are all into video games, wine, animals, and politics. None of which I really care much about. Last year I asked a guy who he thought was going to win the superbowl and his response was "I don't know but I went wine tasting last weekend. Have you ever gone?"....and it was all downhill from there.

Yeah. I hate that shit, I hate being around people who bring me down, now I have that till death do us part thing going on. It was good at first but man what a drag.

I'm spending Christmas by myself. Eventhough I hate myself, I really couldn't stand being around my relatives. Going to get my drink on, and try to score some desperate girl from the pub, if not I'll proceed to fap & cry.

Back