Spastic Roid Monkey

b0b

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am 6' 200lbs. Pretty fat, out of shape, and weak for my size. Some 170lb roid monkey just joined. He won't listen to anyone, trys to slap on submissions he has seen on TV (Even though he is constantly reminded he can't put on submissions until he LEARNS them), tries to power his way out of everything, and is going to hurt someone.

He trains with no shirt on since he hasn't bought a gi. He has back acne out the wazoo, pretty buff, so I suspect roids.

Anyways, I got the pleasure of grappling with him. I swept and mounted him within seconds and sat in mount for about 5 minutes. He would grab my arms and try the noob escape trying to catch my arms with his legs and roll me back. After struggling with this for a couple of minutes, the threw a neck crank on me that hurt like a mofo.

I don't do anything dirty in training, like driving knuckles or elbows to get out of a hold, but I had no choice. I used the knife edge of my hand and grinded my gi and hand into the side of his head until he let go.

Keep in mind, this is his third day, and I rolled with him a couple of days ago and tried to tell him that he shouldn't be working subs. He has been taught basic positioning. When I tried to show him the upa and knee-elbow mount escape (after I mounted him for 5 minutes), he was saying he didn't need it, he could bench 250lbs, and that he could have "choked me out", referring to the neck crank.

Any tips on dealing with this guy? I don't want to tell the instructor on him like a pussy, but I also don't want him to hurt someone. Should I just start choking him the fuck out until he stops or should I just not roll with him? I have only been training 4 months, and NONE of the new guys I have seen have been like this guy.

Dominate him!

if you fear he's going to hurt you or someone else, you should tell the instructor. If you take matters into our own hands, and hurt him, it could come back to look bad on you.

Say something to your instructor, it's his job to ensure you guys train safely and learn things properly. It's not pussy, the guy couldn't have crippled you so I think that's more than enough reason to say something because if you don't, next time you might not even get up and be left in a wheelchair because of some meathead. If it means that he takes private classes first to learn some discipline and basics or that he's not allowed to spar until he learns how to behave, whatever. Bottom line is the guy is being a dickhead because he thinks his muscles make him a tough guy who is allowed to ignore everyone else because he's capable of hurting them. Until he understands that crap is pointless and changes his ways you're going to just have to avoid sparring with him.

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I will let the instructor know what is going on.

armbar the shit out of him, teach him a lesson, thats usually what i do to noobs who come in with an attitude

after they have had their elbow popped a few times they seem to be a bit humbled and slow down a bit

btw a 250 lb bench at 170 while being on roids is pathetic

I would agree here, speak to your instructor privately after class or before. I've been in this situation before, and while it feels good to crank the shit out of an armbar or put him in a reverse triangle and sit with your crotch in his face for a few minutes as a lesson in humility, it really doesn't do him or you any good. In fact, it usually only makes the problem worse as the meatheads tend to get really really pissed really really easily. Sometimes the hardest part for athletes making the transition to bjj is understanding that this will be the first time they can't rely on their "retard" strength (I call it retard strength because they will get themselves into really stupid positioning, they try and overpower their way out.) They can learn to use their strength to their advantage in their game, but they can never rely on it.

all that to say, tell your instructor. I promise he wants to know.

I have always trained clean, and everyone did the same to me when I started. Guys like this are bad for training.

He sounds like he needs an ego check to me. I wouldn't try to hurt him, but I would go all out against him & try to tap him as fast & often as possible. Don't just apply the armbar or RNC with little pressure & wait for a tap, crank it good so he feels it, etc. If you get tapped hard 6x in 5 minutes, I think that will knock your ego down a bit. Normal beginner treatment does not apply to guys like him. If he keeps doing that crap, I'm sure the rest of your school will be doing the same thing to him, so you may not even have to.

We had a similar thing with a new guy that started a few weks ago. Except this guy is a 300+ lb fat guy. From day 1, he goes full-bore on drills using no technique & every bit of strength (& weight) he has & tries ridiculous sub attempts that he has no clue how to apply. Trying to tear guys' arms off & such, obviouly from watching UFC. The guy is so gassed after a 1-min drill that he has to sit out a few after each one. He rarely spars due to being too gassed from his 2-3 drills as well.

Almost forgot, no way he's on roids at only 170lbs & benching 250. He's just a jackass.

btw a 250 lb bench at 170 while being on roids is pathetic
I'm 6'1 180lbs, an athlete my whole life, and I still can't bench press near 250lbs. Thanks for making me feel like shit.

Telling the instructor is probably a good thing, but dominating him a shit load of times is usually pretty humbling. Don't just control him, submit the shit out of him. It will humble him more, trust me.

There are guys like this in every sport.

There are a couple things you can do:

1) Tell the instructor and hope he intervenes.
2) Refuse to roll with the guy
3) Roll with the guy at every opportunity and see it as a challenge and a chance to use superior technique against brute strength. It will only make you better. (assuming he doesn't injure you)
4) Distract the moron with a bright shiny object and ###.

Good luck

triso said:
I'm 6'1 180lbs, an athlete my whole life, and I still can't bench press near 250lbs. Thanks for making me feel like shit. .

are you on steroids? my comment was directed towards an individual who was 170lbs, on steroids, and could only bench 240

sorry but someone who is on steroids at that weight should be able to push alot more weight then that

USAMMAFAN said:
are you on steroids? my comment was directed towards an individual who was 170lbs, on steroids, and could only bench 240

sorry but someone who is on steroids at that weight should be able to push alot more weight then that

Steroids ENHANCE performance. If you use roids and you're a lazy ass, you won't enhance anything but your suppliers bank account. Furthermore, a guys bench press has little to do with mat strength (leverage, positioning).

bacon said:
Steroids ENHANCE performance. If you use roids and you're a lazy ass, you won't enhance anything but your suppliers bank account.).

which is pathetic like i said, anyone who juices and weighs that much should be able to push 240 unless they have some sort of injury or physcial problem :icon_lol:

bacon said:
Furthermore, a guys bench press has little to do with mat strength (leverage, positioning).

never said it did, i was strictly talking about this guys bench press and nothing more

just do the nutcracker, or a knee bar these moves have a way of humbling spazs

Use knee on belly i hope that will teach him manners or choke him out.

I am a big guy and I rool with people that are a half or a third my size and I never use my size or strengh to my advantage. (or atleast to the best of my ability.) I have had some people come to class that have gone full speed with other people in the class and have hurt them. It is at these points that I like to use some of what God gave me and push them around.

Some times the old fat guy and still out move the young athletic guy. The instructors and I joke about these type. I find it funny, I have not train in the style I am studing now for long, but I have a lot of grappling exprience. The instructors give me some lead way in givng out what I like to call 'Mat Love'.

There is a guy like that where I train too. He takes Combat Submission Wrestling and hes a friggin spaz. Hes been there 6 months and has by far the worst technique of anyone in the class. Its like clock work when you roll with him, he spazzes out and tries to throw your body parts off of him and then goes for knee in belly EVERY TIME! Ive never seen him submit anyone, but I have seen him peel a fellows toenail off while trying to anklelock, knee a girl in the face, and damage another guys knee. This is just within the past 3 months when I added CSW on top of my Jiu Jitsu schedule. He also likes to randomly walk up behind people who are holding a conversation and RNC the shit out of them. When hes not being a dick, you can find him kicking the shit out of the heavy bag while dripping puddles of sweat onto the floor and staring at himself in the mirror. Instructors tell him to calm down and chill out, and his training partners yell at him constantly to no avail. Hes basically just a moron with an aggression problem. Unfortunatley I think the only real way to get through to these guys is to kick the crap out of them on the mat. Not just once, but ALL THE TIME. Ive seen the guy where I train get owned by a 140 pounder(the spaz weighs 165) and go right back to spazzing out on his next partner. Hes the laughing stock of the school and has no idea. In fact, im pretty sure he thinks hes gods gift to submission grappling. I wish I could tell you how to handle it, but unless your instructor is willing to send the guy packing then you may have to deal with him. For what its worth, I feel your pain.

I never knew been witness to these mystical spazzes until recently.

New guy at our school goes for the arm bar everytime from mount, and just jumps into it, and is always wondering why he didn't get it. I've told him twice already, but I'm not doing it anymore.

Back