Spastic Roid Monkey

sproggdawg said:
There is a guy like that where I train too. He takes Combat Submission Wrestling and hes a friggin spaz. Hes been there 6 months and has by far the worst technique of anyone in the class. Its like clock work when you roll with him, he spazzes out and tries to throw your body parts off of him and then goes for knee in belly EVERY TIME! Ive never seen him submit anyone, but I have seen him peel a fellows toenail off while trying to anklelock, knee a girl in the face, and damage another guys knee. This is just within the past 3 months when I added CSW on top of my Jiu Jitsu schedule. He also likes to randomly walk up behind people who are holding a conversation and RNC the shit out of them. When hes not being a dick, you can find him kicking the shit out of the heavy bag while dripping puddles of sweat onto the floor and staring at himself in the mirror. Instructors tell him to calm down and chill out, and his training partners yell at him constantly to no avail. Hes basically just a moron with an aggression problem. Unfortunatley I think the only real way to get through to these guys is to kick the crap out of them on the mat. Not just once, but ALL THE TIME. Ive seen the guy where I train get owned by a 140 pounder(the spaz weighs 165) and go right back to spazzing out on his next partner. Hes the laughing stock of the school and has no idea. In fact, im pretty sure he thinks hes gods gift to submission grappling. I wish I could tell you how to handle it, but unless your instructor is willing to send the guy packing then you may have to deal with him. For what its worth, I feel your pain.

Actually I think it is the instructor who is the bigest problem here if he tolerates that kind of behaviour.

sproggdawg said:
He also likes to randomly walk up behind people who are holding a conversation and RNC the shit out of them.

Oh hell no! If some @$$hat did that to me I would brake his freaking leg.

The instructor should kick his ass out.

I normally run the guy through the basic rules, and some eticate unspoken rules. If they are nice they normally listen and then i roll smooth. Letting them get places and things like that.
I do this for everyone.
After that if they are still nice.. it continues on the path.. if they are crazy steroid monkey.. Then it goes a little different.

With guys who are crazy.. i just chill.
More than anything i try to emphasize my technique on them.. So that if anything i can lead by example. If he sees me beating him easily and clean.. even while he is going crazy wild.. Then maybe he will want to be more like me, be more technical, thats my biggest hope. He will want to learn how you beat him so effortlessly, he will begin mimicking you style and the way you move.

During this process if he starts to go even crazier pulling my fingers, slamming me on the ground, or doing dirty moves that i told him not to do from the get go.. i wont say anything else. I move for submissions much faster.. Going for chokes and putting them on HARD, if i get an arm i crank it hard and fast.. Not to break it but i def intend to hurt the arm a little. I really believe it humbles them and gives them a new outlook on how they should roll. some people dont learn lessons just from being told.. They must be shown.
If they want to go crazy, fine.. let them go crazy. If they are trying to seriously hurt you.. Hurt them first.. but do it with finesse. Show them that jiujitsu works, and the upper belts should be respected.

its a martial art, its about fighting.. Its not a pillow fight.
On the street your not going to be able to say.. "but wait your not supposed to crank my neck"
Beat this kid, hurt him a little. before you know it he will come around.. later on he will understand why..

If they are just bigger and badder than me. then it just sucks and i try to survive.. Some guys are just too big and even with jiujitsu it is tough.
We had a 360lb wrestling coach come in.. Luckily he was the nicest guy in the world. Because i couldnt do crap to him.. he just smashed me from the top and controlled me positionally. But he was clean about it.. After words i got up and shook his hand.. he could have been a dick and hurt someone easily witht hat much weight but atleast comming from wrestling he knows what his weight can do..He wasnt just fat.. this guy was built like a defensive linemen.. big/strong/agile.. He could move his weight very well.
I honestly dont know what i would have done had he been new to grappling, and a dick. 360lbs of dickhead is alot to deal with...

I didnt' read everyones response, but I would say show him that technique owns strength..

Hey Bob, if he does get spiteful, pull guard, arm drag, take the back, RNC and keep it on till he passes out. Get someone to get some water to splash on him and put him in the recovery position. When he wakes say to him "Listen mate, I only want to have to say this once. I could have done anything to you while you were out but I didn't out of respect. However if you disrespect me in training, I will disrespect you as I have just done. Training is a two way street, we train together to help each other improve, not to hurt each other while training. My necks not a slinky and I do want to continue to walk in the future so I'd appreciate if you weren't so bloody heavy handed all the time, the point of jiujitsu is to use technique rather than power. If you want to hurt people, I suggest you go to a pub and pick a fight. If you want to learn how to do things properly, hopefully I will see you next week and we can work together so we both get better."

Alternatively, dirty sanchez the bastard and apologise when he gets up, saying you guess you don't know your own strength. Wait to see if her understands the irony and smells the shit.

I'm 6'1 180lbs, an athlete my whole life, and I still can't bench press near 250lbs. Thanks for making me feel like shit.

haha thats what i was thinking.

btw i remember being a semi-spaz and getting slammed by a huge guy and subbed over and over by a little tiny guy on my first day. i learned my lesson and i always think back about it

i've been that guy. i used to be a ball grabber, and it was aweful because i never meant to do it it just kept happening. after awhile i never did it again. i'm really glad people were patient with me, because had i been run out of class, i don't think i would be in jiu jitsu today. in my experience, every spazz i've ever trained with has either, A) chilled out and gotten pretty good, or B) quit on their own after a few months. talk to your instructor, be patient. either A or B will happen

OpethDrums said:
I'm 6'1 180lbs, an athlete my whole life, and I still can't bench press near 250lbs. Thanks for making me feel like shit.

haha thats what i was thinking.

btw i remember being a semi-spaz and getting slammed by a huge guy and subbed over and over by a little tiny guy on my first day. i learned my lesson and i always think back about it

omg you guys are to sensitive wtf, i said it was bad for a 170 lb juicehead to only bench 240

sorry but anyone on steroids at that weight should be able to press 240 lb, heck i am close to that weight in shape and can press more then that drug free and i have shitty genetics

"He also likes to randomly walk up behind people who are holding a conversation and RNC the shit out of them. When hes not being a dick, you can find him kicking the shit out of the heavy bag while dripping puddles of sweat onto the floor and staring at himself in the mirror."

LMFAO, I like this guy!

100affirmed said:
"He also likes to randomly walk up behind people who are holding a conversation and RNC the shit out of them. When hes not being a dick, you can find him kicking the shit out of the heavy bag while dripping puddles of sweat onto the floor and staring at himself in the mirror."

LMFAO, I like this guy!

Ill let him know.......

kneecompression said:
i've been that guy. i used to be a ball grabber, and it was aweful because i never meant to do it it just kept happening. after awhile i never did it again. i'm really glad people were patient with me, because had i been run out of class, i don't think i would be in jiu jitsu today. in my experience, every spazz i've ever trained with has either, A) chilled out and gotten pretty good, or B) quit on their own after a few months. talk to your instructor, be patient. either A or B will happen

You probably listened when people would tell you stuff. I have stated the rules over and over. I have shown him the 2 mount escapes I know. I have tried to teach him positioning. It is like talking to a fucking wall. This wouldn't even be that bad. I can deal with stupid people, I have patience.

It is when this fucker blatently disregards what he has been told, grabs fingers, cranks necks, and ends up getting mounted in 2 seconds by someone that really sucks(me) and does stupid shit, and THEN tells me he was close to finishing it. He has been told what he is doing and what he is supposed to be doing repeately. I forgot to mention that he got triangled by some 150lb dude and picked him up and powerbombed him. This was BEFORE I got to roll with him. He was scolded for that move already. When I see him again, I will choke him unconcious.

b0b said:
You probably listened when people would tell you stuff. I have stated the rules over and over. I have shown him the 2 mount escapes I know. I have tried to teach him positioning. It is like talking to a fucking wall. This wouldn't even be that bad. I can deal with stupid people, I have patience.

It is when this fucker blatently disregards what he has been told, grabs fingers, cranks necks, and ends up getting mounted in 2 seconds by someone that really sucks(me) and does stupid shit, and THEN tells me he was close to finishing it. He has been told what he is doing and what he is supposed to be doing repeately. I forgot to mention that he got triangled by some 150lb dude and picked him up and powerbombed him. This was BEFORE I got to roll with him. He was scolded for that move already. When I see him again, I will choke him unconcious.

Wow. He actually powerbombed the dude Rampage style? I believe that's actually something that got Phil Baroni barred a BJJ school in NY, I'm surprised meathead is being allowed to spar at all if he's doing that kind of stuff.

Superbeast said:
Wow. He actually powerbombed the dude Rampage style? I believe that's actually something that got Phil Baroni barred a BJJ school in NY, I'm surprised meathead is being allowed to spar at all if he's doing that kind of stuff.

It wasn't a full on Rampage, but it wasn't a love slam either. It was his 3rd day, so he was scolded, and given some lineancy. When talking about it later, "I saw it on UFC, thought it was OK."

USAMMAFAN, I was serious that I never benched 250, but I was never offended by what you said. I was joking when I said "thanks for making me feel like shit".

I have this guy who gets VERY frustrated with me, because we

USAMMAFAN said:
armbar the shit out of him, teach him a lesson, thats usually what i do to noobs who come in with an attitude

after they have had their elbow popped a few times they seem to be a bit humbled and slow down a bit

btw a 250 lb bench at 170 while being on roids is pathetic

LOL- yea that's a crappy bench! no, talk to the instructor for sure. he doesn't respect

I'd talk to the instructor. I was kind of the semi-spaz type when I first started, although I never tried to hurt anyone and wasn't really like the guy your talking about. Let me tell ya.....getting subbed by someone who's about 5 years younger and weighs about 120 lbs (I weigh about 160) has a tendency to humble you a bit.

don't roll with the guy, let the higher belts take care of him.

Man, fuck those guys.

Every now and then we get someone like that. Almost always they're someone who is just kind of bigger / faster / stronger but not enough to really be able to take advantage of it. Like, we've never had a Mark Coleman sized spaz come through. If we did I'd probably just avoid him.

Anyway, for all the other "normal" spazzes / jerkoffs what I *used* to do was simply smother them with position until they wore themselves out, then kind of make fun of them for not "saving some energy" until later. But that didnt always work. Some guys would kid themselves that they were still doing good.

Now, depeneding on just how lame they are, they're going to get some pain and a polite request to stop bending fingers, flailing their limbs and clocking others in the grill and so on.

If that fails to work, fuck it. They're going to get put out of comission for a while. And, usually when you hurt one of those guys bad enough so they can't train they stop coming altogether so everyone wins.

I'm really over being too nice to these guys because I have paid for it with numerous minor injuries. I remember about 18 months ago we had a guy like this (220 pounder) who would complain if me and the one other "advanced" student (both of us 170) went hard on him even though he was neck cranking and pulling fingers and so on. One day we'd both had enough. He started bending my fingers while I had his back so threw on a super hard armbar that made him scream. Not 15 minute later my friend escaped one of his lame ass head grab n' twist moves and threw the guy in one of the sweatest crucifixes I have ever seen. He got up holding his neck and moaning in pain.

The guy left and NEVER returned (he'd already been a 3 month student by then). Mission a-fucking-complished.

Another example (as if this reply were not long enough). About 3 months ago a guy who was like a 4 stripe white belt came to our academy for the first time. He'd been out of training for a while, I guess. After class I got paired up with him and before we rolled we talked a little bit. I asked him why he'd been out of training and he replied that he had a rib broken and hurt his knee. At first I thought it was a car accident or something but he replied that at his old academy a visiting dude who was preparing for a comp came and rolled with him and went nuts and really hurt him.

I was like "wow that really sucks dude, sorry". So of course I figure he's going to want to take it easy. Nope. We shake hands from knees and he FLYING TACKLES me onto my back. Then keeps trying to pass my guard by doing a jumping "baseball slide" into scarf hold. He actually got it during my moment of sheer shock, and clocked me in the head with his knee for good measure.

I was like "holy shit!!" not 15 seconds ago this guy was telling me how someone put him on the DL by going nuts. Uh, IRONY anyone?

Ok, fine. Here we go. I eascape his side control and put him in my guard. Triangle. Tap.

We go again, SAME thing. He goes nuts trying to jump into side control. I'm getting hit with knees / elbows, etc. Into my guard, triangle.

I say to him "Uh maybe you want to slow down and save some energy for later"? Then just for fun I LET him start in side mount. He goes crazy, I escape to my guard again. Same thing "Hey man, relax a little we have all night to train".

It falls on deaf ears. I have a tasmanian devil in my guard. Ok, I tried...

I set up another triangle and as I am closing it up he manages to stick his hand back through and it gets trapped right over his mouth under my leg. Fucker tries to escape by standing up and dropping his knee on my face. Not *placing* it there. DROPPING it.

That's the last straw. I grab the arm that is all the way in and extend it super hard in the standard triangle armbar. But his other hand is trapped so he has no hand to tap with, and his mouth is obstructed by his hand and my leg so he cannot even really say "tap"! He starts moaning in agony and going "Phaap!! PHAAAP!!!" (muffled tap) but I kind of pretend like I can't tell he's submitting. I extend even harder and his elbow pops just a little and he makes this horrible muffled scream so I finally let go.

He's all out of fight now. He quietly gets his shit and leaves. Never saw that fuckstick again either even though he'd said he planned to sign up. My instructor saw the whole thing and didn't blame me a bit. He'd also rather not have idiots around.

Back