• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sparring footage of Strickland vs Rukiya Anpo

You could clearly see the difference between kickboxing and mma.
Rukiya was totally fine by just standing there with his gloves up.
In MMA with smaller gloves, you get hit by something and get cuts.

Awesome hard sparring.

I wish Strickland would let a boxing coach fix his punching technique. He would be such a force.
Especially his right hand.

Classic Sean, bullying people during sparring, while going MIA during his fights... While selling wolf tickets during the press conference. <seniorvolk>

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame one me.

Depends on who he is sparring. If he is sparring some smaller/inferior guy then he tries to kill him. When he spars someone like Poatan he's all nice and easy.

If Sean can ever fight like he spars, he would be a legend. He goes balls out in sparring sessions, but is far more defensive and reserved in actual fights.

He's still top level even in the latter, but imagine if he stepped up his offense and fought to his sparring intensity in actual fights.
In rounds 5 against DDP and Costa he showed once he does get aggressive he’s actually extremely slick and imposing with some power but Strickland’s jab and defence is so good I can see why he doesn’t feel comfortable letting fights get outside of a jogging pace even if he doesn’t take over fights the way he should.

A higher level Jorge Masvidal always ready to be robbed by Ragin Al type pressure lol

Gonna keep it real those fucking hammer fists (taking advantage of lack of protective padding on the glove) to cause more damage to the smaller sparring partner is some punk ass shit.

Also Rukiya is the better striker by far that small cage didn’t bode well for him against the larger Strickland.

Classic Sean, bullying people during sparring, while going MIA during his fights... While selling wolf tickets during the press conference. <seniorvolk>

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame one me.
I saw a pic of a Japanese kickboxer DM'ing Sean like "Please spar me, senpai!" Must be the same guy. I think he was happy to test himself and take a licking.

hey strange how stricklands sparring looks just like his Pro MMA fighting.......

That Japanese guy is a beast. Sean would do well in pro boxing.

Sean wouldn't get near a belt in pro boxing, even if he stays there for the rest of his career.
He has no power in 10 ounce gloves.
Would go like his fight a gainst Poatan a few times.
The guy was way lighter and Sean wouldn't be allowed to throw some of those punches.

Back