Sort of nervous for TJ

Who cares if he won 5/6 fights. He was the 7th ranked fighter at Bantamweight at the time who had lost to a top 5 fighter at the time. Do rankings not mean anything? Everyone feels they can beat a champion and are entitled to fight a champion but it don't mean they should be given that shot. Earn it and, IMO, Dillishaw hasn't.

Nope

Couture got his title shots because of his reputed 'legend' status, not by fighting top 5 contenders and earning them, yet you ride his sack back and forth while saying Dillashaw doesn't deserve his shot? Hypocrite.

I don't always agree with FootstompShonie, but he's pwnt your ass, son.

If you guys watched that TUF with Dillashaw you wouldn't be a fan of him.

Couture got his title shots because of his reputed 'legend' status, not by fighting top 5 contenders and earning them, yet you ride his sack back and forth while saying Dillashaw doesn't deserve his shot? Hypocrite.

I don't always agree with FootstompShonie, but he's pwnt your ass, son.

After reading this it's apparent that what they say about many UFC fans is true. :icon_lol:

Couture beat 3 straight opponents before getting his first HW title shot against Maurice Smith (who just came of a title defense against Abbott) and won. So there is one example where Couture earned his title by working his way through the ranks (that's one more example than you can give me for Dillishaw, son. Who just 2 fights ago lost to a top 5 fighter in the bantamweight division.). He would be stripped of the title when he decided to part ways with the organization. He returned to the UFC after winning two fights outside the organization to face Kevin Randleman for the HW title and won. He remained champion of the UFC while also fighting outside the organization. Once he returned he fought Rizzo and defended his title in what was a controversial decision but a title defense nonetheless. He later re-matched Rizzo and won convincingly. He would later lose to the steroid user Barnett (who he was dominating up until the latter pat of the second round) but because of his steroid use, they stripped Barnett of the belt and Couture would face the dominant (at the time) Ricco Rodriguez for the vacant belt and lose.

He earned his shot at 2 HW titles and won both. Earned his title shot 2 more times than Dillishaw, son. His 3rd HW title shot was granted to him because of his legendary status and I acknowledged that but feel that is an acceptable exception to the rules.

When he went down to LHW, Chuck was in need of an opponent and Couture's HW resume was more than enough of a reason to schedule him and Chuck to a interim title fight (a fight which Couture won). He would later fight Tito Ortiz for a unification of the titles and beat Ortiz in amazing fashion to win the undisputed title (chalk that up as another earned title victory for Couture). He then fought Vitor again and lost due to a BS doctor stoppage almost immediately. The UFC did the only appropriate thing and scheduled an immediate rematch (rubber match) and Couture won making him a 4x UFC champion and another well EARNED title win. When he lost his rematch to Liddell, they didn't grant Couture an immediate rematch (which they justifiably could have) but rather had him fight Van Arsdale. Couture won and the trilogy would be completed with a Couture loss. Couture announced a retirement and would later return 1 year later to fight Sylvia.

So go ahead, bitch. Tell me again why I am a hypocrite. You can also explain how Dillishaw somehow compares to Couture's resume and how Couture earned every title with the exception to 1 which you can't even use as an argument which can compare to Dillishaw's GIVEN title shot.

Last edited:
After reading this it's apparent that what they say about many UFC fans is true. :icon_lol:

Couture beat 3 opponents before getting his first HW title shot against Maurice Smith (who just came of a title defense against Abbott) and won. So there is one example where Couture earned his title by working his way through the ranks (that's one more example than you can give me for Dillishaw, son. Who just 2 fights ago lost to a top 5 fighter in the bantamweight division.). He would be stripped of the title when he decided to part ways with the organization. He returned to the UFC after winning two fights outside the organization to face Kevin Randleman for the HW title and won. He remained champion of the UFC while also fighting outside the organization. Once he returned he fought Rizzo and defended his title in what was a controversial decision but a title defense nonetheless. He later re-matched Rizzo and won convincingly. He would later lose to the steroid user Barnett (who he was dominating up until the latter pat of the second round) but because of his steroid use, they stripped Barnett of the belt and Couture would face the dominant (at the time) Ricco Rodriguez for the vacant belt and lose.

He earned his shot at 2 HW titles and won both. Earned his title shot 2 more times than Dillishaw, son. His 3rd HW title shot was granted to him because of his legendary status and I acknowledged that but feel that is an acceptable exception to the rules.

When he went down to LHW, Chuck was in need of an opponent and Couture's HW resume was more than enough of a reason to schedule him and Chuck to a interim title fight (a fight which Couture won). He would later fight Tito Ortiz for a unification of the titles and beat Ortiz in amazing fashion to win the undisputed title (chalk that up as another earned title victory for Couture). He then fought Vitor again and lost due to a BS doctor stoppage almost immediately. The UFC did the only appropriate thing and scheduled an immediate rematch (rubber match) and Couture won making him a 4x UFC champion and another well EARNED title win. When he lost his rematch to Liddell, they didn't grant Couture an immediate rematch (which they justifiably could have) but rather had him fight Van Arsdale. Couture won and the trilogy would be completed with a Couture loss. Couture announced a retirement and would later return 1 year later to fight Sylvia.

So go ahead, bitch. Tell me again why I am a hypocrite. You can also explain how Dillishaw somehow compares to Couture's resume and how Couture earned every title with the exception to 1 which you can't even use as an argument which can compare to Dillishaw's GIVEN title shot.

Barao has beaten Faber Twice
Already beat Mayday and he's injured anyways
Assuncao is injured
Wineland already lost to Barao and just got KTFO'd
Mizugaki has a fight

So tell me, what the fuck was the UFC supposed to do?

Barao has beaten Faber Twice
Already beat Mayday and he's injured anyways
Assuncao is injured
Wineland already lost to Barao and just got KTFO'd
Mizugaki has a fight

So tell me, what the fuck was the UFC supposed to do?

I've already explained that. I'm passed that now anyways. I want the tag team who are unable to throw a knockout blow come back at me with how Dillishaw's title shot is in anyway similar to any of Couture's title shots.

TJ might be outmacthed but he is a damn good fighter.

I think many will be surprised by him, he will look pretty good in patches of this fight, but as soon as he makes a mistakes (and he will) it will be finished shortly thereafter.

This will be more like Barao Faber than say Anderons Leben.

Sub in the 1st is my pick.

The difference is, everyone else earned a shot at Barao. TJ Dillishaw was just handed the shot. I'm a believer in fighters having to fight to contend for a shot at gold, not just be given the shot because the champ is "bored" or because you just have to put a champ on a PPV card. I hope Barao absolutely knocks this guys head off his kneck. Fucking joke of a headliner.

Option1: Barao fight against a slightly underdone but promising fighter.

Option2: No Barao fight so he just sits on the sidelines while perfectly healthy.

Option 1 every time.

Tj Vs Barao is very similar to Sonnen Vs Jones. I knew what was going to happen but better to havce them fight than not fight IMO.

He was ranked 7 in the 2nd weakest division in the UFC when he was given this fight and he lost to the only top 5 guy he's ever fought. How does that not suggest he was handed this fight?

Only 4 divisions in the UFC have 2 guys in the top 15p4p, BW is one of them.

I presume you got your view on it being the 2nd weakest by name recognition.

Option1: Barao fight against a slightly underdone but promising fighter.

Option2: No Barao fight so he just sits on the sidelines while perfectly healthy.

Option 1 every time.

I understand that point of view. I don't agree with it, but I understand it. I'm beyond that anyways. The fight is going to happen, I'm going to watch it regardless of what I think about it, and I'm going to be rooting for Barao every step of the way.

Only 4 divisions in the UFC have 2 guys in the top 15p4p, BW is one of them.

I presume you got your view on it being the 2nd weakest by name recognition.

The number #1 and number #2 guy in that division are killers but there's the line in the sand. And I'm no Dillishaw fan but I do agree that he's a good fighter.

Last i checked Barao was like -800 so thats like Jones-odds :icon_conf

235421-20111106-211742-640x360_large.jpg

I must break you.

Then what purpose do they serve? If they're meaningless, why rank fighters at all?

Fights aren't won based on rankings, they don't mean shit. It's like the same logic "so and so hasn't beaten anyone", fights aren't determined by those factors

I'm rooting for TJ because no one is giving him a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back