Sort of nervous for TJ

He was ranked 7 in the 2nd weakest division in the UFC when he was given this fight and he lost to the only top 5 guy he's ever fought. How does that not suggest he was handed this fight?

I just told you. You're making it sound like he's getting a Jones/Sonnen title shot when he's had a great run that has made him the best man for the job.

How is this a "joke of a headliner"?

TJ is #4 in the division and of the 3-guys above him, Urijah And McDonald just recently lost to Barao, and Raphael is injured.

He's ranked #4 now, not at the time he was given the fight. I don't think I need to type this again.

So please tell me who's "earned" the fight more than TJ at this point? And if it's no one the only alternative is to have a champ waste away his prime sitting on the sidelines.

I'd rather see Faber get beat again than some TUF contender who hasn't won a single fight against anyone currently or previously ranked in the top 5.

I think you should read the first part of his post again, it answers your question

"He's won 5/6 fights with the lone loss being a very close decision (some will even argue it was a robbery) against the only viable contender ahead of him, who wasn't available to take the fight. That's a far cry from being handed a title shot."

Who cares if he won 5/6 fights. He was the 7th ranked fighter at Bantamweight at the time who had lost to a top 5 fighter at the time. Do rankings not mean anything? Everyone feels they can beat a champion and are entitled to fight a champion but it don't mean they should be given that shot. Earn it and, IMO, Dillishaw hasn't.

Who cares if he won 5/6 fights. He was a 7th ranked fighter at a time who had lost to a top 5 fighter at the time. Do ranking not mean anything? Everyone feels they can beat a champion and are entitled to fight a champion but it don't mean they should be given that shot. Earn it and, IMO, Dillishaw hasn't.

Rankings matter but not as much as you want them to. It's not always feasible to have the (on paper) best contender fight the champ. If that was the case, JDS and Faber would endlessly fight the champion.

If anything, you seem a little too caught up on the rankings to consider any other context.

He's ranked #4 now, not at the time he was given the fight. I don't think I need to type this again.

I'd rather see Faber get beat again than some TUF contender who hasn't won a single fight against anyone currently ranked in the top 5.

Well he's ranked #4 now? Who cares what he was when he got the fight. Clearly guys like Eddie Wineland shouldn't have been in the top-5.

And you're retarded if you want to see Faber fight Barao AGAIN he just fought him two fights ago. If that's your only alternative you're an idiot.

Even if Urjiah is your #1 choice who's #2? Probably TJ. So it's not exactly like he's far off. You keep talking about rankings, guys lost their way out of the top-5 and TJ took their place. He's a rightful top-5.

Countless fighters get title-shots without top-5 wins. McDonald and Wineland didn't have top-5 wins in the UFC when they fought Barao I believe.

Also, I see your favorite fighter is Randy Couture, how did he "earn" those title shots coming off losses? Please do tell.

Rankings matter but not as much as you want them to. It's not always feasible to have the (on paper) best contender fight the champ. If that was the case, JDS and Faber would endlessly fight the champion.

If anything, you seem a little too caught up on the rankings to consider any other context.

Faber is clearly the 2nd best fighter at Bantamweight. JDS is ranked #1 but not necessarily the 2nd best fighter at HW. Werdum earned his shot at Cain and I'm fine with that fight. I don't believe the rankings are the be all and end all but I do believe that fighters should have to fight and beat the top in order to fight a champion and compete for a belt. Dillishaw hasn't done that.

Well he's ranked #4 now? Who cares what he was when he got the fight. Clearly guys like Eddie Wineland shouldn't have been in the top-5.

He's ranked #4 now because other fighters lost and he moved up. When he was given the fight he was ranked #7 so his ranking now is kinda irrelevant. Even if Wineland won, Dillishaw would still be fighting the champ. A #7 ranked fighter given a title shot against the absolute best at Bantamweight doesn't sit well with me.

And you're retarded if you want to see Faber fight Barao AGAIN he just fought him two fights ago. If that's your only alternative you're an idiot.

I mentioned Faber as an example. To be totally honest, I'd rather Barao wait to fight a guy I feel is more worthy than Dillishaw but other than Faber.

Even if Urjiah is your #1 choice who's #2? Probably TJ.

TJ aint a choice at all. If TJ was a choice, I wouldn't be here arguing with you. Some never to call me an idiot when that slipped right over your head. Lol.

Countless fighters get title-shots without top-5 wins. McDonald and Wineland didn't have top-5 wins in the UFC when they fought Barao I believe.

I can't remember if the guys they beat were top 5 or not but what I do know is they never came of a loss to a top 5 either.

Also, I see your favorite fighter is Randy Couture, how did he "earn" those title shots coming off losses? Please do tell.

Couture was a legend that was a 2 time HW champion when he fought Sylvia and he clearly proved that he was deserving of being a 3rd. I think Couture's fighting resume entitled him to a shot a bit more than Dillishaw's.

Last edited:
Faber is clearly the 2nd best fighter at Bantamweight. JDS is ranked #1 but not necessarily the 2nd best fighter at HW. Werdum earned his shot at Cain and I'm fine with that fight. I don't believe the rankings are the be all and end all but I do believe that fighters should have to fight and beat the top in order to fight a champion and compete for a belt. Dillishaw hasn't done that.

And that's all fine and well but he still has a very impressive body of work that has earned him a title shot that you want to ignore so you can get all hyperbolic.

He's ranked #4 now because other fighters lost and he moved up. When he was given the fight he was ranked #7 so his ranking now is kinda irreverent. Even if Wineland won, Dillishaw would still be fighting the champ.

I mentioned Faber as an example. To be totally honest, I'd rather Barao wait to fight a guy I feel is more worthy than Dillishaw.

TJ aint a choice at all. If TJ was a choice, I wouldn't be here arguing with you. Some never to call me an idiot when that slipped right over your head. Lol.

I can't remember if the guys they beat were top 5 or not but what I do know is they never came of a loss to a top 5 either.

Couture was a legend that was a 2 time HW champion when he fought Sylvia and he clearly proved that he was deserving of being a 3rd. I think Couture's fighting resume entitled him to a shot a bit more than Dillishaw's.

Exactly. You're only other option is having Barao fight no one.

That's absolutely stupid, you're wasting a champion in his prime.

I'll bump this when TJ puts up a better fight against Barao than most of his recent opponents, especially Wineland who was previously taking TJ's top-5 spot.

Dillishaw has one of the most impressive resumes in the UFC Bantamweight division right now. You may not think he's earned it but he earned it a hell of a lot more than randy losing at 205 and then getting a shot at 265.

You're a hypocrite. You claim you want fighters I earn title shots. Randy did nothing to earn that title shot, he was just popular.

I'll bump this when TJ puts up a better fight against Barao than most of his recent opponents, especially Wineland who was previously taking TJ's top-5 spot.

Bump it all you want but however TJ performs has absolutely no relevance to any of this. I expect Dillishaw to have the best fight of his life since he's been GIVEN such an opportunity.

Dillishaw has one of the most impressive resumes in the UFC Bantamweight division right now. You may not think he's earned it but he earned it a hell of a lot more than randy losing at 205 and then getting a shot at 265.

You're a hypocrite. You claim you want fighters I earn title shots. Randy did nothing to earn that title shot, he was just popular.

Randy's fight resume is a who's who of fighters and in 2 different weight classes. His resume is on a whole different level than Dillishaw's. There are always exceptions to the rules and if a legend like Randy asks for a title shot in what was a weak HW division at the time, who is to say no? If Dillishaw beat a top 5 fighter, I'd be fine with him having a shot but he hasn't. You can try to justify the UFC's decision all you want, I don't care. It aint going to change my mind.

Bump it all you want but however TJ performs has absolutely no relevance to any of this. I expect Dillishaw to have the best fight of his life since he's been GIVEN such an opportunity.

Randy's fight resume is a who's who of fighters and in 2 different weight classes. His resume is on a whole different level than Dillishaw's. There are always exceptions to the rules and if a legend like Randy asks for a title shot in what was a weak HW division at the time, who is to say no? If Dillishaw beat a top 5 fighter, I'd be fine with him having a shot but he hasn't. You can try to justify the UFC's decision all you want, I don't care. It aint going to change my mind.

Of course how he does has relevance. You created this thread saying that you're scared TJ is going to get destroyed, if TJ ends up putting on a good fight you'll look like an idiot.

Clearly you don't think he's going to put on the best performance of his life you said he was going to get "Ivan drago'd" stop flip flopping.

Randy didn't beat any current top-5 Heavyweights didn't deserve the shot according to your logic. Hell, had he even beaten any current top-10 heavyweights? Lol.

Of course how he does has relevance.You created this thread saying that you're scared TJ is going to get destroyed, if TJ ends up putting on a good fight you'll look like an idiot.

I didn't create this thread at all, idiot.

And however Dillishaw performs has no relevance. Even if he won it don't mean he had worked his way through the rankings to earn his shot (which is my point). All a win means was that he took advantage of his GIVEN opportunity.

Stop wasting my time.

I didn't create this thread at all, idiot.

And however Dillishaw performs has no relevance. Even if he won it don't mean he had worked his way through the rankings to earn his shot.

You're a waste of my time.

Oh sorry all white belts look the same to me.

I just think it's funny that a fan of Randy couture, who's had the most undeserved title shots in MMA history, is crusading for someone to "earn" a title shot.

I guess Mike Van Arsdale was ranked in the top-5 too? Hahaha

Or how about when randy lost a title-fight, got ANOTHER title shot, lost again, then went down to 205 and got ANOTHER title shot without winning any fights.

Hypocrite.

Oh sorry all white belts look the same to me.

I just think it's funny that a fan of Randy couture, who's had the most undeserved title shots in MMA history, is crusading for someone to "earn" a title shot.

I guess Mike Van Arsdale was ranked in the top-5 too? Hahaha

Most undeserved title shots of all-time, huh? That's as false a statement as anyone could make. Maurice Smith signed with the UFC and fought Coleman in Mo's very first fight for the HW title. Mo also had a negative record. That's a bit more undeserving, don't you think? Idiot.

Randy has beaten multiple contenders and champions. Sometimes resumes and status entitle you to fights. That would be a justifiable, at least IMO, exception to the rules. Randy had that resume and status and got the fight he wanted coming out of retirement. He ended up dominating Sylvia and then Gonzoga.

Most undeserved title shots of all-time, huh? That's as false a statement as anyone could make. Maurice Smith signed with the UFC and fought Coleman in Mo's very first fight for the HW title. Mo also had a negative record. That's a bit more undeserving, don't you think? Idiot

Randy has beaten multiple contenders and champions. Sometimes resumes and status entitle you to fights. That would be a justifiable, at least IMO, exception to the rules. Randy had that resume and status and got the fight he wanted coming out of retirement. He ended up dominating Sylvia and then Gonzoga.

Or how about when randy lost a title-fight, got ANOTHER title shot, lost again, then went down to 205 and got ANOTHER title shot without winning any fights.

This is before he ever fought at 205 in his entire career as well. Who else has gotten two straight title fights coming off of losses?

Also lol at saying he best Sylvia and Gonzaga, you literally JUST said that what Dillashaw does in the fight makes no difference. If it's undeserved it's undeserved who cares the result, at least that's your logic :D

Hypocrite.

Also lol at saying he best Sylvia and Gonzaga, you literally JUST said that what Dillashaw does in the fight makes no difference. If it's undeserved it's undeserved who cares the result, at least that's your logic :D

It doesn't make a difference. I just thought I rub those wins into your anti-Couture face.

Idiot.

It doesn't make a difference. I just thought I rub those wins into your anti-Couture face.

Idiot.

Nice job cutting out all my evidence of Couture's undeserved shots. At least now I know you accept it.

Nice job cutting out all my evidence of Couture's undeserved shots. At least now I know you accept it.

You're comparing a given opportunity for a title shot for a guy who hasn't beat a single top 5 fighter at bantamweight to the title shots of a fucking legend in Randy Couture. And you're surprised I'm ignoring your shit about "undeserved titles"? Give me a break, man. I shot down your BS statement about Couture given the "most undeserved title shots of all-time" with my Maurice Smith example and I don't chose to humor your crap about how great Dillishaw is and how he is so much more deserving at a title shot than a fucking multiple time UFC champion and UFC hall-of-famer.

Back