Soreness/no soreness after lifting?

I honestly don't remember what order I did them in, I've since decided to switch my days/excersises according to motion, like a press day, curl day etc.

I was lifting to the point where on the last two/three sets of any given exercise I couldn't do anything past 5 reps, which I thought was correct.

Holy hell!

Go read the FAQ!

Curl day was a type-o. Meant to say pull.

Thanks for the advice.

Pull --> Curl is not what most would call a typo, unless you truly screwed everything but the last "l" up :D

read the faq and do the bill starr 5x5 best shit ever.

i commend you on your effort to get into the gym and workout. but you need to have a solid plan. If you're just starting out then i would suggest sticking to a simple plan. like some have suggested, 5x5 is a good basic program. your plan will also be determined by your goals. are you planning for a sport? are you just trying to gain lean muscle? are you trying to bulk? are you going to bodybuild or powerlift? the more specific you are when it comes to your goals, the more specific you can start creating or choosing the right program for yourself.

once you start the correct program, rest assured that you will experience DOMS. when you lift, you break down tiny muscle fibers. when you rest is where you actually build muscle (as long as you give it the right nutrition). So to answer your original question about soreness, if you've chosen the right individual program for yourself and you lift to the point where you break down muscle tissue, then you absolutely will feel DOMS.

Soreness means nothing.

I have a client right now that I've added 55 pounds to his bench in 6 weeks.

He's not been sore at all the entire time.

We only work once a week together, and he comes in once outside of our weekly session, and he's never been sore.

But every single week he comes in he hits something in a lift he couldn't do the previous week.

Soreness doesn't mean anything.

So to answer your original question about soreness, if you've chosen the right individual program for yourself and you lift to the point where you break down muscle tissue, then you absolutely will feel DOMS.

It's not necessarily true dude.

SixTwoSix, stop trying to make up for things by saying you typed it wrong - we've noticed that you didn't.

Flow with the go.

if u wanna get sore do some heavy deadlifting, i remember the first time i dead heavy deads........ wow my whole body was sore for days, or heavy squats nothing beats first time squating in a while, u never realy realize how much u use ur legs everyday untill they are sore

Hey 626, hows them guns feeling? Sore yet?
critic_anchorman.jpg

Soreness only comes in two situations for me.

1. When I first start lifting after a layoff, or when I increase my lifting by A LOT

2. When I'm starting to overtrain and I can't recover fast enough.

Back