Movies Sony's MADAME WEB (Official Trailer, post #83)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Fucking Christ.
There are people getting PAID to pitch this kind of shit. Madame Web?!?!?!

Fuck it. Let's call up Betty White and put her in a skintight suit. It's time for a geriatric female hero.

Well I just plunged both thumbs into my imagination's eyeballs.

Why though?
How many useless spinoffs do they want?
They're going to make a trilogy with Joey Diaz's character.

maxresdefault.jpg

as long as people pay to see super hero cape shit flicks, this shit will continue to happen.
In fairness, Spider Man: Far From Home was not bad, better than the last spidy and garfield ones

Update: September 26, 2019

Sony Pictures Developing Spider-Man Spinoff MADAME WEB Live-Action Movie

Iv4lBZJ.jpg

Sony is continuing to spin its web of Spider-Man. The studio is developing a movie based on the Spider-Man character Madame Web, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

As first reported by Collider, the film has screenwriters Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless penning a script. The duo are behind Morbius, Jared Leto's Spider-Man spinoff about a living vampire. Sony's Palak Patel is overseeing the project. The studio declined to comment.

Introduced in 1980’s The Amazing Spider-Man No. 210, Madame Web is a clairvoyant mutant who specializes in predicting the future specifically of Spider-themed superheroes, having mentored not only Peter Parker’s alter ego, but also multiple generations of heroes calling themselves Spider-Woman. Traditionally depicted as a blind, paralyzed old woman, she is surrounded by a web-like machine necessary to keep her alive, meaning that she stays away from direct conflict, favoring the option to send others to do the physical stuff on her behalf.

Sony has the film rights to both Spider-Man and numerous characters connected to him. In addition to Morbius, which opens July 31, 2020, the studio has Venom 2 and multiple Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse follow-ups in the works. The Madame Web news comes weeks after the studio had a high-profile split with Marvel Studios over use of Spider-Man in Marvel Cinematic Universe films. Spider-Man: Far From Home, the most recent film to star Tom Holland as the superhero, stands as Sony's highest-grossing movie ever with more than $1.12 billion globally.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sony-developing-spider-man-spinoff-madame-web-1243674

<Huh2>

This pretty much resembles the Joker thread when it first began. Lesson: wait and see.

Sony should have just let Disney keep making them money.

This is going to suck.

Seems to me Sony missunderstood what made into the spider verse great. Hint, it's not the spider verse itself, it's a great story, amazing cinematography and sublime character development.

And this type of shit is why Sony signed back on with spidey in the MCU.

They fuck everything up on their own.

I’d rather a live action Spider-Pig movie than this shit.

WTF Sony?

I wonder if she could bring in different versions of spiderman like the armored spiderman and the ben parker spiderman

This pretty much resembles the Joker thread when it first began. Lesson: wait and see.
<36>
At least Joker is a more established character and they announced it with an actor. Or good actor close to announcing the movie.

<36>
At least Joker is a more established character and they announced it with an actor. Or good actor close to announcing the movie.
Never read a comic book before. Means nothing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back