Sonnen Worried He Can't Make 185 For Bout With Vitor

SOURCE

So according to Vinny, he's done it before.

20 pounds can probably be managed. But dropping 51 pounds in that short of a time. You can't drop that much in water weight and you probably won't have time to lose the rest of the weight, especially if you're in shape at 236. 30 pounds in like 35 days, as far as I know that's pretty tough if you're trying to lose weight "normally" (dieting and such). Some people more experienced in weight cutting can provide a more authoritative opinion, but it definitely doesn't look like he's unjustified in saying it's hard to do, and he's justified in complaining given the original fight was at 205.

jones walks around at 230, andy 215-220

The old difference between "cutting" and "dieting" problem.

By the way there is no way Chael could get down with all the time in the world, why do you think he went up in weight in the first place?

The old difference between "cutting" and "dieting" problem.

By the way there is no way Chael could get down with all the time in the world, why do you think he went up in weight in the first place?

Because he had just lost to the MW champion for the second time, wasn't going to be challenging there again any time soon, and was gifted a spot on TUF and a title shot at Jones?

Thats a ridiculous statement...When Anderson fought Forrest, Forrest was much bigger than Anderson...If Anderson was a big Light Heavy, then he would have moved up and stayed there a long time ago.

Gotta agree with that. You gotta really wanna hate on Anderson to say he's a big LHW. It's fair to say he could fight at LHW and not be undersized, but to say he's big? Not a chance.

50 Pounds is alot to cut.

I kind of feel bad for Chael here.

Quite frankly, I don't blame him for being pissed.

He was supposed to fight Wand at 205, now Vitor at 185, and a title shot that was at first on the line for him, isn't. Thanks Dana.

Wait, so doesn't everyone say that Anderson Silva cuts from 235 to fight at 185? Why can Silva do it, but Sonnen can't?

Because Silva knows months in advance that he has to cut down and can start dieting.

You try losing 50 pounds in one month.

People always complained anderson was too big for middleweight, which was total BS. He fought at WW for fucks sake.

Weidman is bigger than Anderson is, and he's not too big for middleweight either.

dude dude dude, i agree with everything, but weidman is fuckin LARGE bro, no romo, that guy is a big middleweight. there are bigger for sure, and pictures dotn say everything, but..

Az5rii_CcAIH92c.jpg-large1.jpeg

that picture does say something no doubt.

Wait, last night sherdoggers claimed he was ready for Anthony Johnson. And now he is not ready for Vitor at MW ?

Anyway Chael is a honest man and a honest man always find his way to victory. Sonnen may have a tough time getting back to 185 but Vitor will have a tougher time finding a license in Nevada.

hell with it... i miss the old days of tough man contests. boo hoo

Where are they getting this from? Even Florian said on UFC tonight that the fight was at 205.

lol wtf 235? No way does Anderson cut from 235. Jones cuts from like 220.

I have read that Anderson cuts from around 200. The rest is diet from whatever the fuck he walks around at.

Sonnen is the same weight as Lesnar. Same with Anderson Silva. Those three guys r all 300 pounds

Franklin 195 catch weight would make a lot of sense here. Belfort is fighting on short(ish) notice and Chael was planning on 20 pounds heavier. Both guys we know can cut to mw with a full camp, and both guys do no/limited cut fights at lhw

Should've been a catchweight fight.

Wand & Sonnen were going to fight at 205, Vitor was out, so most likely he was closer to 205 than 185, and now with only a few weeks to cut they decide to have it at 185?

Doesn't make any sense IMO.

exactly

Back