Sonnen Worried He Can't Make 185 For Bout With Vitor

Should've been a catchweight fight.

Wand & Sonnen were going to fight at 205, Vitor was out, so most likely he was closer to 205 than 185, and now with only a few weeks to cut they decide to have it at 185?

Doesn't make any sense IMO.

Anderson Silva can do it because he has the time to do it

Chael could easily do it - but not on this time frame

If he's already in shape at 235, there's no way he makes 185 with this little time.

People always complained anderson was too big for middleweight, which was total BS. He fought at WW for fucks sake.

Weidman is bigger than Anderson is, and he's not too big for middleweight either.

Sonnen has only 30+ days to cut roughly 50 pounds. The fight with Wand was supposed to be at 205.

lol wtf 235? No way does Anderson cut from 235. Jones cuts from like 220.

That comes from people confusing dieting with cutting. Anderson at 235 is fat as hell. He usually diets down to around 200 and cuts from there.

Anderson Silva can do it because he has the time to do it

Chael could easily do it - but not on this time frame

Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): You saw Chael yesterday, I believe. You posted the picture after your review session and Chael came on ESPN and said he had to drop 20 pounds in 24 hours. He was 205 pounds. Do you think that's true? You were there next to him yesterday so you would know.

Vinny Magalhaes: He didn't look much smaller than the last time I saw him. When I trained with him last time, he was close to 230. Even though I was heavier than him, I was like, "Dude weight 230 when you're in great shape." When I'm in great shape, I'm like 235 or 230 and I'm a light heavyweight. He was the same as me and he's 185. I would definitely say the other day that was around 200 or 205. he was still really big. Chael's really good. People say Anderson's huge because he's taller than him but Chael is huge. I've never seen a 185-er weigh that much in shape. 230 is just insane.
SOURCE

So according to Vinny, he's done it before.

People always complained anderson was too big for middleweight, which was total BS. He fought at WW for fucks sake.

Weidman is bigger than Anderson is, and he's not too big for middleweight either.

So did Anthony Johnson.

Anderson is big at Light Heavyweight.

So did Anthony Johnson.

Anderson is big at Light Heavyweight.

Thats a ridiculous statement...When Anderson fought Forrest, Forrest was much bigger than Anderson...If Anderson was a big Light Heavy, then he would have moved up and stayed there a long time ago.

Under the circumstances, I say a 205 or catch weight fight should be warranted.

Will be interesting... Hope he doesn't look like he did vs Bisping.

030chaelsonnen.jpg

Still another win for the bad guy :D

Thats a ridiculous statement...When Anderson fought Forrest, Forrest was much bigger than Anderson...If Anderson was a big Light Heavy, then he would have moved up and stayed there a long time ago.

That just means Forrest is even bigger, not that Anderson isn't big there himself. He didn't move up to Light Heavyweight because the competition was easier at Middleweight. He handpicked Forrest, Irvin, and Bonnar.

Back