Somone suggest something for this flu

*wishes this guy had said this to Urban*

"this guy" didn't say anything vulgar or offensive. Opinions are allowed:redface: BTW I can't be too mad at anyone that uses pics of German shepherds:icon_chee.

There's a lot of hatred towards antibiotics because they kill bad AND good bacteria, but sometimes, they're fuckin neccessary. to say otherwise is retarded. For about a year, I was getting sinus infections almost monthly. Always the same symptoms. Started with a sore throat, turned into a sinus infection, ended with a bad cough. Repeat, repeat, repeat. I avoided taking antibiotics for a long time because of the stigma. Finally, I got so damned sick of being sick, I took them. Haven't been sick since.

There's a lot of hatred towards antibiotics because they kill bad AND good bacteria, but sometimes, they're fuckin neccessary. to say otherwise is retarded. For about a year, I was getting sinus infections almost monthly. Always the same symptoms. Started with a sore throat, turned into a sinus infection, ended with a bad cough. Repeat, repeat, repeat. I avoided taking antibiotics for a long time because of the stigma. Finally, I got so damned sick of being sick, I took them. Haven't been sick since.

I am not going to disagree with any of that. What I was saying was that since he had been taking the antibiotics for a few weeks straight without seeing much improvement that he might think about cutting them out and seeing if anything improves. After several weeks of continuous use they can have ill effects as well as good effects. By halting the use for a week or 2 you could see improvement.

I am not going to disagree with any of that. What I was saying was that since he had been taking the antibiotics for a few weeks straight without seeing much improvement that he might think about cutting them out and seeing if anything improves. After several weeks of continuous use they can have ill effects as well as good effects. By halting the use for a week or 2 you could see improvement.

NEVER

Halt an antibiotic regiment mid-course.

Rum (since you don't have schnaps) + hot tea and then go to bed. You will sweat like a mofo but you will wake up and feel much better. This is what old people told me and it works.

I like whiskey, Hot Water, Ginger, and Lemon Juice myself. Same effect though.

colloidal silver, can be made at home very simply and kills over 600 known pathogens. Google it and see for yourself. I have a generator myself.

NEVER

Halt an antibiotic regiment mid-course.

Actually....there is a time when you should stop taking antibiotics before the course is complete. I think it was Sonny who stop a course because he was having nasty side effects.

Actually....there is a time when you should stop taking antibiotics before the course is complete. I think it was Sonny who stop a course because he was having nasty side effects.

Meh, special case.

^^^^

Is there a reason for swapping over particularly when you're ill?

Actually I don't swap, I just add flax when ill. No real logic to it other than 3 or 4 years ago I got noro-virus(sp?) twice, gastro twice and a serious cold once...all in a short period of time. Taking flax regularly seemed to help balance me out, and give me a little enegery.

Don't quit an antibotic til it is done and you don't want to eat that much yogurt. It is cheap go get some, GNC or local health store

I always like Astragalus and Beta Glucan. A increases white blood cell count and BG increases micro****es. Usually helpe me. Also buy some oscilloccinum and keep it around next time you feel it coming on, take as directed. Its the #1 flu remedy in Europe and can actually prevent it from coming on.

I like whiskey, Hot Water, Ginger, and Lemon Juice myself. Same effect though.

Same in a hot toddy except no ginger and honey instead.

I say that, I had some ginger concentrate kicking about and added that last time. Wasn't too bad (although I couldn't taste it to be fair)

Don't quit an antibotic til it is done and you don't want to eat that much yogurt. It is cheap go get some, GNC or local health store

Was that you do want to eat yoghurt

Thanks for the input all.

I have 1 anti left now but that throat is still a fucker and still feeling drained (and now doing a extra 10 hours a week of teaching training) so we'll see whats what.

Interesting links though. I'm looking about :icon_chee

Was that you do want to eat yoghurt

Thanks for the input all.

I have 1 anti left now but that throat is still a fucker and still feeling drained (and now doing a extra 10 hours a week of teaching training) so we'll see whats what.

Interesting links though. I'm looking about :icon_chee

Oh sorry for the confusion, what I meant was you would have to eat a lot of yogurt to get enough Acidophilus and your stomach may not like that-

I always like Astragalus and Beta Glucan. A increases white blood cell count and BG increases micro****es. Usually helpe me. Also buy some oscilloccinum and keep it around next time you feel it coming on, take as directed. Its the #1 flu remedy in Europe and can actually prevent it from coming on.

Also great answer- Oscilloccinum I forgot about has been awhile since I have been sick- thanks for the remind

Back