Something that UFC bashers don't understand (regarding contracts, payment, Reebok etc)

My only question is why are so many people on this forum worried about what the fighters get unless you fight for the UFC I just can't figure out how people can say this and that is not fair when they are not part of it, freaking weird to me but that is just my opinion.

Maybe a lot of people on this site pay for UFC ppvs, fight passes, to attend live events etc. When people spend their money on a product they often care where that money goes, if they feel the fighters aren't getting a fair percentage of the money they spend, they have a right to voice their disapproval of that.

UFC fighters are not UFC employees.
They're not supposed to see themselves as such.

They are there to become the best. To become champions. That's the only reason for them to be there and to perform.
If they keep winning - and the more spectacular, the merrier - they will have this opportunity. Yes, even Aljamain Sterling.

If you wish to stay in the UFC but have NO championship ambitions - well, in order to have a decent money, you have to be Lauzon/Cerrone/T. Almeida like fighter. Give it all. As an alternative, you can entertain outside the cage, but that's just an alternative.

Otherwise, leave. Sign with Bellator, WSOF, whatever. Or you will be eventually cut, despite being top whatever.

This is it. Side money, non-championship contracts, sponshorship - they don't matter.

You will have a good camp, if you keep winning. Yes, even Pjotr Hallmann - had he beat Iaquinta, he would've landed in a good camp.

Yes, there are a lot of fighters there. Yes, it's a long shot. So?

Assuming you actually have employment....a similar scenario: so it's ok if your employer docks half your earnings & tells you to work your way up to managerial level for a decent pay?

They are there to become the best. To become champions. That's the only reason for them to be there and to perform.
If they keep winning - and the more spectacular, the merrier - they will have this opportunity. Yes, even Aljamain Sterling.

If you wish to stay in the UFC but have NO championship ambitions - well, in order to have a decent money, you have to be Lauzon/Cerrone/T. Almeida like fighter. Give it all. As an alternative, you can entertain outside the cage, but that's just an alternative.

Otherwise, leave. Sign with Bellator, WSOF, whatever. Or you will be eventually cut, despite being top whatever.

This is it. Side money, non-championship contracts, sponshorship - they don't matter.

You will have a good camp, if you keep winning. Yes, even Pjotr Hallmann - had he beat Iaquinta, he would've landed in a good camp.

Yes, there are a lot of fighters there. Yes, it's a long shot. So?
yL1Nka4.jpg

Someone wants Dana to see this thread and then they'll fall in love.

They are there to become the best. To become champions.

Do we all really only expect the champions to be paid well? I don't know why anyone would want to subject themselves to the brutal punishment of mixed martial arts as a profession and get paid badly unless they are able to become a champion.

People here literally act like Dana and Lorenzo have to run fighters contracts by them for approval before they can proceed in signing somebody lol
Well consumers do get to vote with their wallet, and we are here discussing how we feel about the product. Personally I don't like hearing about athletes I have become fond of getting dicked over.

why would anyone argue against fighter pay? its like your boss cutting your earning by 3/4 and telling to work harder

Typical Shertard post.
IF you're not currently a champion or a good looking prospect, then you should find another career.

If it were up to people like you there would be almost no fighters.

what do you mean "stay in the UFC?" As you said, they are not part of the UFC company, they are not employees, but just a service they contracted.
So how are they supposed to "stay in the UFC" when they never were in the UFC, but merely working for another company on site at a different contract for a random client?

UFC has no fighters or Champions that work for their company.

All Zuffa Champions are employees of other companies.

There are several companies with Zuffa Champions currently working for them...Zuffa is not one of them.

For company that claims to be about the fight business, it's interesting they have never had an active fighter or champion work directly for them.

Or is it, that they don't care about the fight business and just want that money?

Last edited:
My only question is why are so many people on this forum worried about what the fighters get unless you fight for the UFC I just can't figure out how people can say this and that is not fair when they are not part of it, freaking weird to me but that is just my opinion.

Because we want the sport to be as attractive as possible to future competitors so that MMA can attract the best competitors, and not part-time firemen, senior citizens, and retired pro wrestlers.

I don't understand how guys who claim to be fans of a sport can possibly not care whether or not that sport is attractive to tomorrow's best guys.

My only question for you is: what are you doing on an MMA forum when you don't care about MMA?

Sherbros don't like that Ronda & Conor are making that $$$$, nobody else deserves it.

Meh i didnt understand your post but you're paid what you're worth. Proof is someone is willing to pay it and you accept it. It's a pretty simple concept really.

I just cant figure out how someone can write an entire paragraph without any sort of punctuation it just melts my brain its freaking weird to me Im really fighting the urge to add commas and full stops to this bad boy but thats just my opinion.

For serious though, I watch fights because they excite me. But I am conscious that the two guys fighting have lives aside from the moments of violence which I witness and celebrate. I want them to have good lives, and part of that is that they are fairly compensated for training and bleeding and sweating for the entertainment of myself and MMA fans everywhere. How is it so weird to want people who are doing something for my (our?) entertainment to be rewarded for that?

Do we all really only expect the champions to be paid well? I don't know why anyone would want to subject themselves to the brutal punishment of mixed martial arts as a profession and get paid badly unless they are able to become a champion.

Fighting like acting, art, music etc is a win big lose big profession. Don't want to chase the millions with a second job don't do it. No shortage currently. Millions of starving artists and fighters around the world chasing the dream.

Fighting like acting, art, music etc is a win big lose big profession. Don't want to chase the millions with a second job don't do it. No shortage currently. Millions of starving artists and fighters around the world chasing the dream.

When you are already in the UFC and successful you have ALREADY accomplished something great. I don't know why someone like that should have to work a second job until they actually have a belt.

They are in the same condition as their opponent, statistically.
They win, they get closer to gold.

That's not true at all. Explain sage north cuts pay. Or cm punk. Or the difference between what Aldo was making as a champion vs Conor.

Winning doesn't guarantee shit.

That shit doesn't fly based on the UFC actions and talk in the past

They've repeatedly bashed and thrown "independent contractors" under the bus for not taking fights they were never contracted for. Zuffa had officially announced fights that the "independent contractor" had never agreed to then get pissed when that's revealed.

They cancelled a shit card they put together and tried to blame it on Jon Jones an "independent contractor" who never agreed to the change in opponent. Is it in their independent contract that if the third party contractor doesn't like something they do or how they fight in a certain fight they can be bashed and shit talked on twittter by a bald douche? Their job is too show up and fight, many do and if the contractor thought it was boring they shit talk them, why is that allowed? They did the job they were contracted for.

Last edited:
Yeah the UFC loves to point out of UFC fighters aren't employees.........as long as it is convenient for them.
UFC fighters only aren't employees legally and only because it fits the UFC yet they have none of the freedom a contractor has nor the rights an emplyoee has.

Back