Something that UFC bashers don't understand (regarding contracts, payment, Reebok etc)

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
UFC fighters are not UFC employees.
They're not supposed to see themselves as such.

They are there to become the best. To become champions. That's the only reason for them to be there and to perform.
If they keep winning - and the more spectacular, the merrier - they will have this opportunity. Yes, even Aljamain Sterling.

If you wish to stay in the UFC but have NO championship ambitions - well, in order to have a decent money, you have to be Lauzon/Cerrone/T. Almeida like fighter. Give it all. As an alternative, you can entertain outside the cage, but that's just an alternative.

Otherwise, leave. Sign with Bellator, WSOF, whatever. Or you will be eventually cut, despite being top whatever.

This is it. Side money, non-championship contracts, sponshorship - they don't matter.

You will have a good camp, if you keep winning. Yes, even Pjotr Hallmann - had he beat Iaquinta, he would've landed in a good camp.

Yes, there are a lot of fighters there. Yes, it's a long shot. So?

giphy.gif

UFC fighters are not UFC employees.
They're not supposed to see themselves as such.

They are there to become the best. To become champions. That's the only reason for them to be there and to perform.
If they keep winning - and the more spectacular, the merrier - they will have this opportunity. Yes, even Aljamain Sterling.

If you wish to stay in the UFC but have NO championship ambitions - well, in order to have a decent money, you have to be Lauzon/Cerrone/T. Almeida like fighter. Give it all. As an alternative, you can entertain outside the cage, but that's just an alternative.

Otherwise, leave. Sign with Bellator, WSOF, whatever. Or you will be eventually cut, despite being top whatever.

This is it. Side money, non-championship contracts, sponshorship - they don't matter.

You will have a good camp, if you keep winning. Yes, even Pjotr Hallmann - had he beat Iaquinta, he would've landed in a good camp.

Yes, there are a lot of fighters there. Yes, it's a long shot. So?

I love how you glossed over sponsorship like its no big deal that fighters went from making 50-100 k per fight to 2-5 k.

You are stroking the 1 percent pretty hard with this post.

I love how you glossed over sponsorship like its no big deal that fighters went from making 50-100 k per fight to 2-5 k.

You are stroking the 1 percent pretty hard with this post.
They indeed have to work harder now. But, again, for the champions it does not matter.

My only question is why are so many people on this forum worried about what the fighters get unless you fight for the UFC I just can't figure out how people can say this and that is not fair when they are not part of it, freaking weird to me but that is just my opinion.

People here literally act like Dana and Lorenzo have to run fighters contracts by them for approval before they can proceed in signing somebody lol

They indeed have to work harder now. But, again, for the champions it does not matter.

Oh goodie for them that's great. Thanks for playing.

So for no other reason than greed they have to work harder?

Fuck off.

My only question is why are so many people on this forum worried about what the fighters get unless you fight for the UFC I just can't figure out how people can say this and that is not fair when they are not part of it, freaking weird to me but that is just my opinion.

This, too. I rest my case.

They care though, probably because fighters moan about it in the media.
Also, because it is so fashionable to hate the UFC.

Oh goodie for them that's great. Thanks for playing.

So for no other reason than greed they have to work harder?

Fuck off.

They are in the same condition as their opponent, statistically.
They win, they get closer to gold.

You think it's weird to care about people apart from yourself?

You think it's weird to care about people apart from yourself?

Yeah, because they reactions indicate that they totally care for fighters, and don't just find another reason to bash the UFC.

Come on, you know very well that it's just another reason for them to say "f..k Dana and Fertittas, capitalistic a-holes"...

Better pay means more incentive to fight, more talent coming to the sport leading to better fights.

You have to be incredibly short sighted to not care about fighter pay.

So we are to assume if something does not impact you directly, it's not worth caring about, or even discussing? I'm just trying to see how deep the rabbit hole goes here.

Better pay means more incentive to fight, more talent coming to the sport leading to better fights.

You have to be incredibly short sighted to not care about fighter pay.

World Boxing Champ Holly Holm got her initial payment demands rejected, agreed to UFC conditions and became an MMA champ.
Gold Olympian Henry Cejudo agreed to received peanuts and now fights for the title.
Famous kickboxer Stephen Thompson is nearly a contender.

Talent that believes in his abilities will come.

Fans care about their favorite sports person. If you don't care why follow it?

Fans care about their favorite sports person. If you don't care why follow it?
I'm sure that the amount of people whose favorite sport persons are:
- Aljamain Sterling
- James Krause
- Pjotr Hallmann
- Brendan Schaub
- etc.

is VERY limited.

Others just bash UFC.

The thing I don't understand is why I read this far into this thread.

Back