Something that UFC bashers don't understand (regarding contracts, payment, Reebok etc)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by AimedWithV, Feb 20, 2016.

1. leto1776

leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

Dana, go home, you're drunk and posting on Sherdog again.

2. Cynfocus

Cynfocus Blue Belt

TS you and the rest of these 'End of 2015' accounts are on a roll.

Camps cost money, that's where sponsorship fits into the fight game. When you start fighting and train full time these sponsors get you through OR they would have to work full or part time.

The sponsors pick up up and coming fighters and create a relationship that works both way, fighters stay loyal to sponsors that get them to the big show and the sponsor gets show at the big show.

The UFC is forcing the sponsorship game through a bottleneck which lowers the TOTAL investment into the sport but gives the UFC a more calculated cut as they decide the terms.

3. warriorscommando

warriorscommando I will always protect you

You are either an unpaid trainee at UFC or really want to be one.

BTW Piotr. Not fucking Pjotr ty ruska świnia.

4. thebizkit

thebizkit Blue Belt

I fucking highly doubt even a legend like Royce Gracie was getting a huge amount of sponsorship money for last night. His banner looked like shit. I could be wrong though, but it would not surprise me one bit that sponsorship money was overblown by most, if it wasn't we would have seen a ton of fighters leave the UFC.

5. EGarrett

EGarrett Silver Belt

You managed to maintain the semblance that you were serious just barely in the first post, but with this reply you lost it completely.

6. EGarrett

EGarrett Silver Belt

It's not only no conditioning and no skill, but no respect for the sport or the fans AND no heart or desire. Bellator should refuse to pay them for that shit and make them get their money in court.

7. finalboss

finalboss Blood brother to Percival the Hemorrhager

Dana is that you?

8. VulcanNervPinch

VulcanNervPinch Silver Belt

You and Ayn Rand would've made an even better couple than Ronda and Travis

9. mirko>anyone

mirko>anyone Black Belt

Outcry over poor wages is not inherent to only the UFC. Secondly, we pay to see the fighters, so our concern is directly linked to the entertainment they provide. I'd like to think they get more than 8-15% of the revenue.

10. Evangelion

Evangelion Silver Belt

Prelim fighters were not making 50k in sponsors. Lo fucking L at people believing that

11. BVG

BVG Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Yeah...cause this was about prelim guys. ALL the fighters decided it was a great idea to be hard capped so that the PRELIM guys could get 2k in shitbok sponsorship...

Don't be a dumbass.

12. BVG

BVG Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I'd wager if you looked into you would be surprised. I'd guess that a spot on shorts is probably a few thou alone. Of course this depends on the fighter as well. Like I'd wager since most eyes would be on the final two fights, those guys would charge the most for short realistate.

But if someone like Shuab. (has he ever fucking headlined???) could pull in 100k a fight in sponsorship money alone. I'd say it's a safe bet that everyone except MAYBE the prelim guys took a very large pay cut . That's the UFC just deciding to be greedy as fuck. That's the 1 percent bullshit everyone is pissed off about.

If you really want to break it down, nobody is buying a pay per view to watch Joe Rogan, Dana White and Goldberg talk. They watch it for the fighters. And while it's cool that the UFC makes bank because they foot the bill on the venue, the marketing and what not. This was needless greed. They were making money BEFORE this shit reebok deal.

This honestly didn't need to happen at all. It's needless greed bullshit.