Something that UFC bashers don't understand (regarding contracts, payment, Reebok etc)

Dana, go home, you're drunk and posting on Sherdog again.

TS you and the rest of these 'End of 2015' accounts are on a roll.

Camps cost money, that's where sponsorship fits into the fight game. When you start fighting and train full time these sponsors get you through OR they would have to work full or part time.

The sponsors pick up up and coming fighters and create a relationship that works both way, fighters stay loyal to sponsors that get them to the big show and the sponsor gets show at the big show.

The UFC is forcing the sponsorship game through a bottleneck which lowers the TOTAL investment into the sport but gives the UFC a more calculated cut as they decide the terms.

UFC fighters are not UFC employees.
They're not supposed to see themselves as such.

They are there to become the best. To become champions. That's the only reason for them to be there and to perform.
If they keep winning - and the more spectacular, the merrier - they will have this opportunity. Yes, even Aljamain Sterling.

If you wish to stay in the UFC but have NO championship ambitions - well, in order to have a decent money, you have to be Lauzon/Cerrone/T. Almeida like fighter. Give it all. As an alternative, you can entertain outside the cage, but that's just an alternative.

Otherwise, leave. Sign with Bellator, WSOF, whatever. Or you will be eventually cut, despite being top whatever.

This is it. Side money, non-championship contracts, sponshorship - they don't matter.

You will have a good camp, if you keep winning. Yes, even Pjotr Hallmann - had he beat Iaquinta, he would've landed in a good camp.

Yes, there are a lot of fighters there. Yes, it's a long shot. So?

You are either an unpaid trainee at UFC or really want to be one.

BTW Piotr. Not fucking Pjotr ty ruska świnia.

I love how you glossed over sponsorship like its no big deal that fighters went from making 50-100 k per fight to 2-5 k.

You are stroking the 1 percent pretty hard with this post.

I fucking highly doubt even a legend like Royce Gracie was getting a huge amount of sponsorship money for last night. His banner looked like shit. I could be wrong though, but it would not surprise me one bit that sponsorship money was overblown by most, if it wasn't we would have seen a ton of fighters leave the UFC.

They indeed have to work harder now. But, again, for the champions it does not matter.
You managed to maintain the semblance that you were serious just barely in the first post, but with this reply you lost it completely.

untitled-3mtq5l.gif
It's not only no conditioning and no skill, but no respect for the sport or the fans AND no heart or desire. Bellator should refuse to pay them for that shit and make them get their money in court.

My only question is why are so many people on this forum worried about what the fighters get unless you fight for the UFC I just can't figure out how people can say this and that is not fair when they are not part of it, freaking weird to me but that is just my opinion.
Outcry over poor wages is not inherent to only the UFC. Secondly, we pay to see the fighters, so our concern is directly linked to the entertainment they provide. I'd like to think they get more than 8-15% of the revenue.

I love how you glossed over sponsorship like its no big deal that fighters went from making 50-100 k per fight to 2-5 k.

You are stroking the 1 percent pretty hard with this post.

Prelim fighters were not making 50k in sponsors. Lo fucking L at people believing that

Prelim fighters were not making 50k in sponsors. Lo fucking L at people believing that

Yeah...cause this was about prelim guys. ALL the fighters decided it was a great idea to be hard capped so that the PRELIM guys could get 2k in shitbok sponsorship...

Don't be a dumbass.

I fucking highly doubt even a legend like Royce Gracie was getting a huge amount of sponsorship money for last night. His banner looked like shit. I could be wrong though, but it would not surprise me one bit that sponsorship money was overblown by most, if it wasn't we would have seen a ton of fighters leave the UFC.

I'd wager if you looked into you would be surprised. I'd guess that a spot on shorts is probably a few thou alone. Of course this depends on the fighter as well. Like I'd wager since most eyes would be on the final two fights, those guys would charge the most for short realistate.

But if someone like Shuab. (has he ever fucking headlined???) could pull in 100k a fight in sponsorship money alone. I'd say it's a safe bet that everyone except MAYBE the prelim guys took a very large pay cut . That's the UFC just deciding to be greedy as fuck. That's the 1 percent bullshit everyone is pissed off about.

If you really want to break it down, nobody is buying a pay per view to watch Joe Rogan, Dana White and Goldberg talk. They watch it for the fighters. And while it's cool that the UFC makes bank because they foot the bill on the venue, the marketing and what not. This was needless greed. They were making money BEFORE this shit reebok deal.

This honestly didn't need to happen at all. It's needless greed bullshit.

Back