Something i realised about Prometheus,Alien,Pandorum etc....

We have had the technology to beat aliens for a while now.

Danny-Glover-Predator-2.1.jpg

They would just beam us all out into space.

BilisknerTransportWeapon.jpg
:icon_chee

Synthetics (like Bishop) were physically and intellectually superior to humans, and capable of independent operation.

Why send in humans when you can send in a synthetic?

I was just wondering why they didn't have synthetic marines.

They werent built that for combat. They were superior to humans not Aliens. The strenght of the space jockey and Aliens compared to driods was shown in Aliens and Prometheus.

There were no spaceships that traveled light years in Aliens, and they did have two automatic machine guns that fired when the enemies was within proximity in "Aliens." The numbers of the Xenomorph was too great and they ran out of ammo.

Alien universe is not the same as Star Trex universe.

No spaceships?
Prometheus is the prequel of Aliens.

410714.jpg

Synthetics (like Bishop) were physically and intellectually superior to humans, and capable of independent operation.

Why send in humans when you can send in a synthetic?

I was just wondering why they didn't have synthetic marines.
because they would just say fuck you humans and go into screen saver mode while the aliens ran wild.

Because they would have been destroyed. They were not Terminators. Did anyone watch the films? Remember whay Bishop said when he went through the tunnel of pipes? Remember how easily the Queen tore him apart?

Bishop went through the tunnel because none of the humans would have been able to do what had to be done. I also think a human would have been just as torn apart as Bishop was.

Synthetics aren't indestructible killing machines, but they're definitely superior to humans.

aliens-bishop-s-knife-trick-o.gif

Because they would have been destroyed. They were not Terminators. Did anyone watch the films? Remember whay Bishop said when he went through the tunnel of pipes? Remember how easily the Queen tore him apart?

Settle down, Beavis. I was only clarifying it for you.

They werent built that for combat. They were superior to humans not Aliens. The strenght of the space jockey and Aliens compared to driods was shown in Aliens and Prometheus.

Superior to humans is all I care about.

Anyways, I just wanted to know if a reason had ever been provided, and I don't think one ever was.

Anyways, I just wanted to know if a reason had ever been provided, and I don't think one ever was.

There aren't that many around. Hence why only one per ship.

No spaceships?
Prometheus is the prequel of Aliens.

410714.jpg

I didnt say there was no spaceships. I said they didnt have spaceships that traveled light years. Why do you think they always went into those pods to sleep?

Bishop went through the tunnel because none of the humans would have been able to do what had to be done. I also think a human would have been just as torn apart as Bishop was.

Synthetics aren't indestructible killing machines, but they're definitely superior to humans.

aliens-bishop-s-knife-trick-o.gif

No do you remember what he told them before he went? And i never said driod werent superior to.humans. I said they werent superior to Aliens.

History tells us the superior firepower doesn

Well they werent that superior. I mean they all got recalled and endangered by humans.

I didnt say there was no spaceships. I said they didnt have spaceships that traveled light years. Why do you think they always went into those pods to sleep?

That isn't true.

In Prometheus, the destination star system is not identified. A distance of 327,000,000,000,000 km is given, which translates as 34.56 light-years. Given that Zeta Reticuli's distance has been estimated with a strong degree of accuracy (the error margin is only 0.1 light-years), this would seem to confirm that LV-422 is not only a different planetoid to the one in Alien and Aliens, but is located in a totally different star system altogether. Some fans have postulated that LV-422 is located at Gliese 86, a star just under 35 light-years away in the constellation of Eridanus. This is especially popular as an extrasolar gas giant was discovered circling Gliese 86 in 2000. Gliese 86 and Zeta Reticuli are located in the same general neighbourhood, only being separated from one another by 10 light-years.

In hundreds of years from now the human race would have ridiculously powerful technology.
We already have lasers,drones and complex firearms.
In hundreds of years we would have heavily armed machines(robots) and extremely powerful weaponry that we can't even imagine of right now.
If we were attacked by aliens or such we could simply send machines/drones to easily annihilate them.
In the movies however the setting is always us turning tail and running away like primitives and getting overwhelmed.
In movies we've many times defeated alien species who came to earth. Nothing is more absurd than that. Trust me, if they travel across hundreds of thousands of light years, their machines will be better than ours, and we better pray to the sun that they come in peace.

Ah cmon,what i'm saying is that is all extremely advanced technology but Sigourney weaver conveniently runs around with a shotgun/flamethrower.
The marines in Aliens 3 have assault rifles and the same.

These movies conveniently show certain advances just to keep us as the underdog.
Hell in a few years from now we would have mostly unmanned drones ,stealth aircraft,tanks,AI that would do a large portion of the fighting.

If we were attacked by aliens or such we could simply send machines/drones to easily annihilate them.
In the movies however the setting is always us turning tail and running away like primitives and getting overwhelmed.

If the aliens got here with all their stuff they are far, far ahead of us and would have been able to observe us first

In movies we've many times defeated alien species who came to earth. Nothing is more absurd than that. Trust me, if they travel across hundreds of thousands of light years, their machines will be better than ours, and we better pray to the sun that they come in peace.

In a few hundred years WE will be like that,they are already setting up asteroid mining right now(just like in the ALIENS movie).
Mars colonisation another few years down the line.
It's not inconceivable that we have the technology to travel like that in a few hundred years.

If the aliens got here with all their stuff they are far, far ahead of us and would have been able to observe us first

I'm talking about Primitive species like the Xenos and those Starship trooper kind of aliens which we would come across in space not the ones that would/could travel here.
See The movies mentioned in the OP.

Back