Someone Attempted to Extort me Today

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A regular fear for us here.
This morning after dropping my wife off in front of her work, I received several phone calls from the same number. I picked up on the 8th call and heard a women in distress that sounded to me like my wife. She was begging for her life, then someone took over and told me my loved one had been kidnapped. They demanded I stay on the line with them claiming execution would be the result of a hangup. I dropped my son off with my folks and passed them a note that said "call police". They asked me to withdraw money so I went to the bank. I passed notes to bank tellers asking them to call cops. Once the cops got involved they told me my wife was fine and this was a scam. WTF?

Wonder whose poor wife got killed then

Do you also send cashier's checks and Amazon gift cards to PO boxes to clear up unpaid tax liens?

Someone calls me telling me my "loved ones" without telling me any actual name, I hang up on an instant.

This morning after dropping my wife off in front of her work, I received several phone calls from the same number. I picked up on the 8th call and heard a women in distress that sounded to me like my wife. She was begging for her life, then someone took over and told me my loved one had been kidnapped. They demanded I stay on the line with them claiming execution would be the result of a hangup. I dropped my son off with my folks and passed them a note that said "call police". They asked me to withdraw money so I went to the bank. I passed notes to bank tellers asking them to call cops. Once the cops got involved they told me my wife was fine and this was a scam. WTF?

Damn thats crazy. Are you being serious?

Christ.. the level people will sink to. Threatening execution of your wife. It would be interesting to get a psych profile of this amoeba, and see how he grew up, that he could be so sociopathically ruthless.

Glad things turned out ok.

Shit, I though scamming old people out of their money was as low as you could sink.

Someone calls me telling me my "loved ones" without telling me any actual name, I hang up on an instant.
Are you married? No disrespect but you have to watch your wife like a cub. They had a lot of lucky things fall into place.

latest

A while back someone called my aunt in mexico pretending to be me telling her that I was stuck in Tijuana and needed money sent to me. Not sure if they knew you can text while on a call nowadays, she texted me, I told her I was not there and she hung up.

Out of curiosity, why did you drive to the bank and hand them a note instead of going to the police station while going "chill homie, i'm at the bank!"?

Were the notes in cursive?

If i got that call, I would've hung up after 30 seconds of uncontrollable laughter

That guy is smashing your wife and they were just trying to get some quick money from you so they could run off together

Just messing brah. But for future reference, most phones these days can text while on a call. You should have texted your wife and asked her if she was ok, followed with a question only she would know. If you get the wrong answer back, you it's real

Back