Someone Attempted to Extort me Today

Out of curiosity, why did you drive to the bank and hand them a note instead of going to the police station while going "chill homie, i'm at the bank!"?
I just wanted to be authentic I guess. The police station is next to the bank but I wanted to keep a low profile.

Someone calls me telling me my "loved ones" without telling me any actual name, I hang up on an instant.

Yup, I have names that I only call my family and no one outside of immediate family knows them.

Them - "We have your wife!"

Me - "I want proof of life and I'm not paying for it. What nickname do I call her that begins with S?"

Them - "Sweetie"

Me - *click*

Yup, I have names that I only call my family and no one outside of immediate family knows them.

Them - "We have your wife!"

Me - "I want proof of life and I'm not paying for it. What nickname do I call her that begins with S?"

Them - "Sweetie"

Me - *click*
I'd thouhght his head nuh good. I wanted to talk to the police before deh pan a endz

giphy.gif

did the guy have an Indian accent & was there a notable delay when responding?

Do you also send cashier's checks and Amazon gift cards to PO boxes to clear up unpaid tax liens?
I just got an email from the head of Interpol saying that the CEO of bank ba America had $150,000,000 dollars for me but I have to pay the shipping of $150 in iTunes gift cards.

I asked my wife how many of those her mom had fallen for and she shrugged and said "well, we don't let her access her own money for a reason..."

Always ask for your wife's birthday.

It's tough for the scammers to get that right unless your wife told them in another phone call.
But then you get to really personal questions that only you and your wife would know.

For example:

What was my wife wearing in bed last night?
What's her favorite sex position?
Shaved, Trimmed, Hairy, or Customized Faded Muff?

That's what happens when you answer calls from scam artists.

Someone calls me telling me my "loved ones" without telling me any actual name, I hang up on an instant.
Even if they gave me my wife’s name I’d just be like “Fine, you deal with her”, and then hang up.

Always ask for your wife's birthday.

It's tough for the scammers to get that right unless your wife told them in another phone call.
But then you get to really personal questions that only you and your wife would know.

For example:

What was my wife wearing in bed last night?
What's her favorite sex position?
Shaved, Trimmed, Hairy, or Customized Faded Muff?

Or Hitler stache.

I just wanted to be authentic I guess. The police station is next to the bank but I wanted to keep a low profile.

fair enough. Did your heart drop at the beginning? Any doubts about it not being real as it went on?

Wife ? You have my Wife....let me stop you right there, I've had a Sherdog account for over 6 years...

Back