Someone Attempted to Extort me Today

Same thing happened here like 7 years ago to a coworker of mine but with his adult son.

He was ripped of 3 thousand dollars he threw through the window of his house.

Spoiler: his son was fine.

A regular fear for us here.
This morning after dropping my wife off in front of her work, I received several phone calls from the same number. I picked up on the 8th call and heard a women in distress that sounded to me like my wife. She was begging for her life, then someone took over and told me my loved one had been kidnapped. They demanded I stay on the line with them claiming execution would be the result of a hangup. I dropped my son off with my folks and passed them a note that said "call police". They asked me to withdraw money so I went to the bank. I passed notes to bank tellers asking them to call cops. Once the cops got involved they told me my wife was fine and this was a scam. WTF?

Read thread title and then your location.

Checks out.

If you were in America I'd make fun of you for being so gullible but in Mexico it seems like it could easily be a reality. Glad everything is ok.

I remember hearing about this scam a few years ago.

Question:. How did you keep your burro quiet while you rode it to the bank?

New shit has come to light. Your wife kidnapped herself

i would set up a time and place and meet them with my AR15.

Out of curiosity, why did you drive to the bank and hand them a note instead of going to the police station while going "chill homie, i'm at the bank!"?

Well on the off chance that it was real, any competent kidnapper/extorter would've had eyes on him

I got one of those a few years back. I told them to tell me their name and when they couldn't I hung up. Now I don't answer phone calls I don't recognize. If it's important they can leave a message.

988c7bab-38d3-4289-9bf8-9ca17a789c62_text.gif

Why didn’t you have your parents try to call your wife?

this happened to me once, much to my disappointment my wife was returned unharmed

A regular fear for us here.
This morning after dropping my wife off in front of her work, I received several phone calls from the same number. I picked up on the 8th call and heard a women in distress that sounded to me like my wife. She was begging for her life, then someone took over and told me my loved one had been kidnapped. They demanded I stay on the line with them claiming execution would be the result of a hangup. I dropped my son off with my folks and passed them a note that said "call police". They asked me to withdraw money so I went to the bank. I passed notes to bank tellers asking them to call cops. Once the cops got involved they told me my wife was fine and this was a scam. WTF?
I made a joke earlier but this is seriously fucked up. I don't know what I would do or how I would react if I thought my wife was taken for ransom.

Back