Some great training pictures from Vitor!

Actually no. I've just found you annoying so far.

Let me take this apart for you one at a time.

If you aren't a Silva nut-hugger (you don't seem to be) and you aren't a troll (you don't seem to be) then we are down to 2 options. Belfort hater or dumb. My money is still on the latter.

You were factually incorrect that no blows were landed. Verified by rewatching and fightmetric. Own up to it like a grownup. You were wrong.

So far you have mischaracterized what I've said three times in three posts. (Reading comprehension issue? Poor reasoning skills? We've ruled out trolling, maybe that should go back on the table?) The latest mischaracterization was saying I asserted that Belfort was in control of the fight. I said no such thing. Just so you'll know here's what happened in the fight and we'll see how you want to mischaracterize what I say here. Both guys wanted to counter punch so there was a lot of feinting and waiting for the first minute. No one was in control. There were a couple of leg kicks. Belfort threw some flurries. Silva swings and misses a couple times. They went down and there was a scramble, they ended up back on the feet pretty quickly. All very even, only a couple glancing blows. Belfort chased Anderson on a break and landed a quick 1-2 cleanly. More misses from both guys, I think one more counter lands for Vitor, then when they get in range again the front kick lands. The stand up, what little there was of it, was very even up till then, and you could see Vitor's speed advantage was going to serve him well.

Anderson is a true fighting genius. To pull out an unused technique nobody trains to defend in this fight was brilliant and worked perfectly - beautiful technique. But it is one thing to catch a guy by surprise and another thing to be better than him. Anybody can get caught. Case in point:

Belfort is the only guy at 185 or below I can see beating Anderson Silva, or even staying even with him, in the striking department. And odds are near even he could be the one to get caught again, Silva might pull something else out of the bag of tricks. But Belfort has greater handspeed and equal reflexes, two things maybe no one else in the world has.

Question mark is will he gas. He's shown a tendency to blow his wad early, particularly when he doesn't get a full camp. If he hadn't gassed in the Jones fight on a short camp - we might have seen him win at 205. He very nearly did, and if he wasn't too nice to keep cranking on Jones arm when he instinctively let off expecting the tap, we might have seen the end of Bones career. JBJ has several holes in his game that get covered up by his pterodactyl limbs and incredible top control that were very nearly exploited to take the title by Belfort.

As far as Bisping, Bisping is formidable for sure. If the fight goes into the third round Bisping will have a big advantage and could get the KO via cardio. But can he avoid getting highlight reel KTFO before then? I don't think so.

I'm finished arguing over the first part of your post. I'm an idiot whatever.

I appreciate you actually saying some intelligent arguments for vitors chances. All to often sherdoggers just get all butt hurt and say your an idiot blah blah for not loving my favorite fighter. Does vitor have a chance of catching silva, absolutely. Do I think he will, no. Funny enough I actually would like to see it whereas most people want nothing to do with it. I think a rematch could go longer and the possibility of a prolonged striking exchange between these two gets me pumped. However I see Bisping beating him via ud although I'm looking forward to that fight as well.

I'm finished arguing over the first part of your post. I'm an idiot whatever.

There's no argument. You jumped in confidently with absolutely 100% false data. Now you can't or wont' acknowledge that. That's not just dumb, its immature.

I appreciate you actually saying some intelligent arguments for vitors chances. All to often sherdoggers just get all butt hurt and say your an idiot blah blah for not loving my favorite fighter.

Sherdoggers like say, yourself?

I think a rematch could go longer and the possibility of a prolonged striking exchange between these two gets me pumped. However I see Bisping beating him via ud although I'm looking forward to that fight as well.

Your crystal ball is on the fritz and I look forward to coming back here in the 85% change bisping gets "count"ed out and calling your arguments dumb again.

Actually no. I've just found you annoying so far.

Let me take this apart for you one at a time.

If you aren't a Silva nut-hugger (you don't seem to be) and you aren't a troll (you don't seem to be) then we are down to 2 options. Belfort hater or dumb. My money is still on the latter.

You were factually incorrect that no blows were landed. Verified by rewatching and fightmetric. Own up to it like a grownup. You were wrong.

So far you have mischaracterized what I've said three times in three posts. (Reading comprehension issue? Poor reasoning skills? We've ruled out trolling, maybe that should go back on the table?) The latest mischaracterization was saying I asserted that Belfort was in control of the fight. I said no such thing. Just so you'll know here's what happened in the fight and we'll see how you want to mischaracterize what I say here. Both guys wanted to counter punch so there was a lot of feinting and waiting for the first minute. No one was in control. There were a couple of leg kicks. Belfort threw some flurries. Silva swings and misses a couple times. They went down and there was a scramble, they ended up back on the feet pretty quickly. All very even, only a couple glancing blows. Belfort chased Anderson on a break and landed a quick 1-2 cleanly. More misses from both guys, I think one more counter lands for Vitor, then when they get in range again the front kick lands. The stand up, what little there was of it, was very even up till then, and you could see Vitor's speed advantage was going to serve him well.

Anderson is a true fighting genius. To pull out an unused technique nobody trains to defend in this fight was brilliant and worked perfectly - beautiful technique. But it is one thing to catch a guy by surprise and another thing to be better than him. Anybody can get caught. Case in point:

Belfort is the only guy at 185 or below I can see beating Anderson Silva, or even staying even with him, in the striking department. And odds are near even he could be the one to get caught again, Silva might pull something else out of the bag of tricks. But Belfort has greater handspeed and equal reflexes, two things maybe no one else in the world has.

Question mark is will he gas. He's shown a tendency to blow his wad early, particularly when he doesn't get a full camp. If he hadn't gassed in the Jones fight on a short camp - we might have seen him win at 205. He very nearly did, and if he wasn't too nice to keep cranking on Jones arm when he instinctively let off expecting the tap, we might have seen the end of Bones career. JBJ has several holes in his game that get covered up by his pterodactyl limbs and incredible top control that were very nearly exploited to take the title by Belfort.

As far as Bisping, Bisping is formidable for sure. If the fight goes into the third round Bisping will have a big advantage and could get the KO via cardio. But can he avoid getting highlight reel KTFO before then? I don't think so.

You can't really believe that. Pulling guard on Jones was a brilliant tactic, because it was so unexpected. But to keep doing it was just poor gameplanning. I heard he may have broken his hand in training camp, which may explain his odd performance. I don't see why you're jumping on the other poster for not having confidence in Vitor, though. The man's performances have always been uneven.

Wrestler bisping is going to show up for the first and maybe second rounds, you can COUNT on it

You can't really believe that.

Can't really believe what? That Belfort could beat [fighterX]?

Pulling guard on Jones was a brilliant tactic, because it was so unexpected. But to keep doing it was just poor gameplanning. I heard he may have broken his hand in training camp, which may explain his odd performance.

Pulling guard after round 1 was almost his only hope, he was gassed from short training camp with an injured hand against a fantastic wrestler. And he still almost won. But you can't lay under JBJ for long and expect good things to happen... that's true. Bad plan. But it was the only plan. If you read the whole thread you'll see I've already said the X-factor with Belfort has been gas tank. All that fast twitch muscle fiber has very low mpg. On a short camp, it can get ugly.

I don't see why you're jumping on the other poster for not having confidence in Vitor, though. The man's performances have always been uneven.

I'm jumping on the other poster for jumping in to dispute something citing 100% misrepresented history, and making unwarranted inferences. Then, when it was pointed out that this was the case, instead of having the good sense to just be quiet or say, "my bad, I remembered wrong" he plowed ahead defending the point based on the wrong data *without even bothering to check it.* That's just dumb.

--edit: Of course, he certainly had bad performances during his slump right before his extended hiatus when his sister was kidnapped and his life was in shambles - but I still think he's got time left in his career to come back and be better than ever.

Since he started I think at age 20 Vitor has always looked great but has been so inconsistent. Overall he is great but could never be that dominant champion.

Bisping > Vitor

It's amazing how Vitor has remained a contender for a long time. I hope he wins by a brutal ko and that's very possible. War Vitor!

Since he started I think at age 20 Vitor has always looked great but has been so inconsistent. Overall he is great but could never be that dominant champion.

Bisping > Vitor

And Bisping looks like he could be a dominant champion?

Anyways, Vitor has just a few fights left and there is no reason for me to talk shit on Sherdog. He will not become champion again unless Anderson gives up the belt. I just want to see 2-3 good fights before Vitor retires for good. :)

If Bisping is the better fighter January 19th, props to him. As of right now, Vitor by KO. :D

vitors gonna take bispings head off

Always supporting vitor but if the fight goes pass the first i give the edge to bisping.

There's no argument. You jumped in confidently with absolutely 100% false data. Now you can't or wont' acknowledge that. That's not just dumb, its immature.

Sherdoggers like say, yourself?

Your crystal ball is on the fritz and I look forward to coming back here in the 85% change bisping gets "count"ed out and calling your arguments dumb again.

You seem to arguing with numerous posters over similar topics. Maybe your the one whos being a little sensitive. Don't take that too personally but can we agree that your a pretty big vitor fan. Your just trying to defend the guy, I have respect for that. I don't have respect for the fact that since I'm not sucking vitor off like you are you try to belittle every last comment I make. What do want me to say, vitor will KO Bisping and then KO silva. Maybe in your wet dreams but in reality that's not going to happen. Get off your fucking high horse and quit acting like your some MMA virtuoso because your not, your a vitor nut hugger bordering on a troll. I love how you tried to throw the nut hugger or troll label on me to deflect it from you.

100% false data. Really? I justed rewatched the fight a minute ago and vitor landed a jab, left straight but silva moving to his left so neither were particularly strong. Vitor exploded into a takedown and landed a right. After the scramble silva dodged 3 punches and shortly later landed the fight winner. The only thing I ever disputed was you saying Belfort was beating him to the punch. I said he wasn't because drum roll he wasn't. Why on earth you ever got so pissed about that is beyond me. I got my initial argument slightly incorrect when I said vitor only landed a few glancing blows. He landed two with one right hand. My bad

Since your too dense to realize the comment about sherdoggers calling others dumb since they didnt like their favorite fighter was about you, I'll let you know.

You seem to arguing with numerous posters over similar topics. Maybe your the one whos being a little sensitive. Don't take that too personally but can we agree that your a pretty big vitor fan. Your just trying to defend the guy, I have respect for that. I don't have respect for the fact that since I'm not sucking vitor off like you are you try to belittle every last comment I make. What do want me to say, vitor will KO Bisping and then KO silva. Maybe in your wet dreams but in reality that's not going to happen. Get off your fucking high horse and quit acting like your some MMA virtuoso because your not, your a vitor nut hugger bordering on a troll. I love how you tried to throw the nut hugger or troll label on me to deflect it from you.

100% false data. Really? I justed rewatched the fight a minute ago and vitor landed a jab, left straight but silva moving to his left so neither were particularly strong. Vitor exploded into a takedown and landed a right. After the scramble silva dodged 3 punches and shortly later landed the fight winner. The only thing I ever disputed was you saying Belfort was beating him to the punch. I said he wasn't because drum roll he wasn't. Why on earth you ever got so pissed about that is beyond me. I got my initial argument slightly incorrect when I said vitor only landed a few glancing blows. He landed two with one right hand. My bad

Since your too dense to realize the comment about sherdoggers calling others dumb since they didnt like their favorite fighter was about you, I'll let you know.

WAAAAAAAAA! WAAAAAH! WAH! WAH! WAH!

Take your lickin like a man. You tried to sound like you knew what you were talking about and you didn't. Now you are embarrassed and trying to pick up the pieces of your shattered manhood. Good luck with that. Would have been simpler for you to say "I was wrong."

Im definetly happy to see vitor so motivated even after the Jones fight. It looks like his fire has been lit for a while now

WAAAAAAAAA! WAAAAAH! WAH! WAH! WAH!

Take your lickin like a man. You tried to sound like you knew what you were talking about and you didn't. Now you are embarrassed and trying to pick up the pieces of your shattered manhood. Good luck with that. Would have been simpler for you to say "I was wrong."

Thanks for the feedback. This must have taken some hard thinking to come up with an intelligent comeback on the level of wah.

Either way this shows that you realized that you sounded like a fool. It's alright I was 13 once too.

Oh and please don't respond to this post Iv had enough of mad grappler for a lifetime. Actually just leave sherdog we're better off without you I'm sure there's cars that need rocks thrown at.

Back