Some great training pictures from Vitor!

Cool pics, thx

In my opinion his fight with Bisping can go for anyone. Both are very tough fighters. Vitor has the KO power but Bisping is more well rounded

its a 5 rounder, so if vitor explodes for 2 rounds and bisping is still there, I would say bisping will outpoint him. I would put my money on bisping, if I had to choose, but explosive guys always have their chances.

no
out-wrestle ... no
outwork, only if he survives

Bisping took Stann down 4 times in their fight. Belfort has a 63% TDD percantage, which isn't really the best. Belfort hasn't blitzed anyone since beating a 1-4 WW with strikes to the back of the head.

Bisping by mixing things up.

Vitor looks great, but let's see how his gas tank is. If Bisping survives the first round he will take a decision imo.

Like pretty much most people I got vitor by t/ko in the first 2 or bisping by late tko or most likely decision if it goes longer.
Vitor looks ripped though

If Bisping goes for the takedown he better protect the back of his head!

Learn to read. I didn't say he was winning the fight, it was too early to say that. I said he was beating him to the punch and connected more than once. Let go of Silva's sack and rewatch the fight.

Hahaha. I can read at 4th grade level so get off me bro. Saying he beat him to the punch, which he wasn't, implys he was winning. Also I don't believe he landed anything on silva. If my memory serves the kick was the first actual strike landed, aside from a possible glancing blow I'm failing to recall.

Btw I'm not even a fan of Anderson and truth be told I probably like vitor more. If you really think that silvas nuts are in my mouth, check any of my posts and you'll see I'm usually the one pointing out silvas flaws and how I would favor Gsp, jones and Weidman against him. I think your the one with problem of nuts being in your mouth, namely vitors. 😃

https://www.facebook.com/SkySportsBrasil/app_173980552725540

agtzfmFiYXMtdGsxMHIQCxIIU2t5Rm90b3MYysQLDA

From what I have seen, he trains a lot with Evans and some Karate coach again, which I think is good, he looked the best when he mixed his boxing with Karate techniques.

Also doesn't seem to be too heavy, he recently "tweeted" that he weighs 197.

Enjoy my fellow Vitor fans. :D

there was some talk a while back that he could be on TRT TUE, did kizer confirmed of denied this?

Hahaha. I can read at 4th grade level so get off me bro. Saying he beat him to the punch, which he wasn't, implys he was winning. Also I don't believe he landed anything on silva. If my memory serves the kick was the first actual strike landed, aside from a possible glancing blow I'm failing to recall.

Btw I'm not even a fan of Anderson and truth be told I probably like vitor more. If you really think that silvas nuts are in my mouth, check any of my posts and you'll see I'm usually the one pointing out silvas flaws and how I would favor Gsp, jones and Weidman against him. I think your the one with problem of nuts being in your mouth, namely vitors. 😃

Fightmetric says each fighter landed 6 shots in the fight, so you are failing to recall quite a bit. Maybe your vantage point between Silva's legs didn't provide a very good view.

Vitor threw more and besides the one that ended it, which obviously was the only one that ended up mattering, Vitor was counterpunching Silva effectively and landed the cleaner shots.

Given that you came out and made factual assertions that wind up being false, falsely infer a conclusion not implied, and then accuse someone else of being a deluded nut-hugger I can see only three possible explanations.

1. You are a Silva nut-hugger.

2. You are a Belfort hater.

3. You are dumb.

4. You are a troll.

Given that you are saying GSP matches up well with Silva I'm going with 3.

there was some talk a while back that he could be on TRT TUE, did kizer confirmed of denied this?

I thought they'd only give a TUE if you had never previously tested positive for steroids?

Fightmetric says each fighter landed 6 shots in the fight, so you are failing to recall quite a bit. Maybe your vantage point between Silva's legs didn't provide a very good view.

Vitor threw more and besides the one that ended it, which obviously was the only one that ended up mattering, Vitor was counterpunching Silva effectively and landed the cleaner shots.

Given that you came out and made factual assertions that wind up being false, falsely infer a conclusion not implied, and then accuse someone else of being a deluded nut-hugger I can see only three possible explanations.

1. You are a Silva nut-hugger.

2. You are a Belfort hater.

3. You are dumb.

4. You are a troll.

Given that you are saying GSP matches up well with Silva I'm going with 3.

Well I appreciate you not calling me a troll. That was the closest Iv ever been to being accused of being one lol. Also Iv been called a silva hater, which I'm not so its quite comical that you said that I'm a silva nut hugger. How can I be both hahah, I love sherdog. Truth be told I'm neither and if I was then I would say I was. For example I'm a big mousasi fan (look at my avatar) and I'm biased toward him. I'm not a huge fan of silva just a non biased set of eyes watching. If you disagree with this then believe what you want to make yourself feel better.

Ill have to rematch the fight to see this counter striking vitor landed cleanly. The strikes silva landed were the face kick and the follow up GNP. Also what factual assertation was proven wrong? All I said was vitor wasn't in control of the fight which he wasn't and you still haven't proven that he was.

Also you seem to be taking this light hearted discussion way too seriously. Happy new year.

However, he is past his prime, and has not beaten a single ranked opponent (besides Franklin via punches to the back of the head at 195lbs) in many years.

In this respect, he is similar to Shogun and BJ Penn, both of whom tend to provoke "look at these awesome photos from their training" threads before each time they fight. This is not a new idea, but if big muscles guaranteed success in MMA, then Pudzianowski would be HW GOAT and Cain and Cormier would be cut from TUF tryouts. No disrespect.

-He hasn't beaten a ranked opponent because he is either offered the likes of unranked but tough fighters in Akiyama and Rumble or seemingling immortal champions in Jones and Anderson Silva. He has beaten quality opponents in Franklin and Lindland--no need to dig for excuses such as "but a few punches hit Franklin's head". Rich turned his head during a flurry of punches. It's not like he chooses not to fight ranked opponents.
-Big muscles do not guarantee success. I think it fans are just amazed like how you are that a man in his mid-30s can possess such a physique. Vitor looking jacked sure beats Shogun showing up in love-handles. Vitor has won fights looking like a bodybuilder, looking soft, and looking in shape.

In this respect, he is similar to Shogun and BJ Penn, both of whom tend to provoke "look at these awesome photos from their training" threads before each time they fight.

I 100% get your point. However, unlike BJ or Shogun, Vitor actually looks like he works out in the gym which makes the threads somewhat less stupid.

Well I appreciate you not calling me a troll. That was the closest Iv ever been to being accused of being one lol. Also Iv been called a silva hater, which I'm not so its quite comical that you said that I'm a silva nut hugger. How can I be both hahah, I love sherdog. Truth be told I'm neither and if I was then I would say I was. For example I'm a big mousasi fan (look at my avatar) and I'm biased toward him. I'm not a huge fan of silva just a non biased set of eyes watching. If you disagree with this then believe what you want to make yourself feel better.

Ill have to rematch the fight to see this counter striking vitor landed cleanly. The strikes silva landed were the face kick and the follow up GNP. Also what factual assertation was proven wrong? All I said was vitor wasn't in control of the fight which he wasn't and you still haven't proven that he was.

Also you seem to be taking this light hearted discussion way too seriously. Happy new year.

Actually no. I've just found you annoying so far.

Let me take this apart for you one at a time.

If you aren't a Silva nut-hugger (you don't seem to be) and you aren't a troll (you don't seem to be) then we are down to 2 options. Belfort hater or dumb. My money is still on the latter.

You were factually incorrect that no blows were landed. Verified by rewatching and fightmetric. Own up to it like a grownup. You were wrong.

So far you have mischaracterized what I've said three times in three posts. (Reading comprehension issue? Poor reasoning skills? We've ruled out trolling, maybe that should go back on the table?) The latest mischaracterization was saying I asserted that Belfort was in control of the fight. I said no such thing. Just so you'll know here's what happened in the fight and we'll see how you want to mischaracterize what I say here. Both guys wanted to counter punch so there was a lot of feinting and waiting for the first minute. No one was in control. There were a couple of leg kicks. Belfort threw some flurries. Silva swings and misses a couple times. They went down and there was a scramble, they ended up back on the feet pretty quickly. All very even, only a couple glancing blows. Belfort chased Anderson on a break and landed a quick 1-2 cleanly. More misses from both guys, I think one more counter lands for Vitor, then when they get in range again the front kick lands. The stand up, what little there was of it, was very even up till then, and you could see Vitor's speed advantage was going to serve him well.

Anderson is a true fighting genius. To pull out an unused technique nobody trains to defend in this fight was brilliant and worked perfectly - beautiful technique. But it is one thing to catch a guy by surprise and another thing to be better than him. Anybody can get caught. Case in point:

Belfort is the only guy at 185 or below I can see beating Anderson Silva, or even staying even with him, in the striking department. And odds are near even he could be the one to get caught again, Silva might pull something else out of the bag of tricks. But Belfort has greater handspeed and equal reflexes, two things maybe no one else in the world has.

Question mark is will he gas. He's shown a tendency to blow his wad early, particularly when he doesn't get a full camp. If he hadn't gassed in the Jones fight on a short camp - we might have seen him win at 205. He very nearly did, and if he wasn't too nice to keep cranking on Jones arm when he instinctively let off expecting the tap, we might have seen the end of Bones career. JBJ has several holes in his game that get covered up by his pterodactyl limbs and incredible top control that were very nearly exploited to take the title by Belfort.

As far as Bisping, Bisping is formidable for sure. If the fight goes into the third round Bisping will have a big advantage and could get the KO via cardio. But can he avoid getting highlight reel KTFO before then? I don't think so.

Last edited:
-He hasn't beaten a ranked opponent because he is either offered the likes of unranked but tough fighters in Akiyama and Rumble or seemingling immortal champions in Jones and Anderson Silva. He has beaten quality opponents in Franklin and Lindland--no need to dig for excuses such as "but a few punches hit Franklin's head". Rich turned his head during a flurry of punches. It's not like he chooses not to fight ranked opponents.

That's true, his whole career was like that. Either he gets unranked, but dangerous opponents and if he wins a few he gets high profile fights against absolute monsters. Nothing in between.

Also the reason I thought the Belcher vs. Vitor match-up was very interesting, but like always instead of fighting a good mid tier guy he "had" to fight Bones.

Bisping fight is perfect to see if he still has something left.

Bisping took Stann down 4 times in their fight. Belfort has a 63% TDD percantage, which isn't really the best. Belfort hasn't blitzed anyone since beating a 1-4 WW with strikes to the back of the head.

Bisping by mixing things up.

Stann has never had anything remotely close to effective takedown defense. For the level of competition Belfort has fought, 63% is respectable. Quite frankly Bisping has no submission offense and can't threaten Belfort on the ground when he gets him there.

Belfort is versed enough to neutralize position advances from Bisping and scramble back up when he is taken down. Bisping can possibly steal some rounds, but that would be on the basis that he can control the stand-up affairs enough to not determine an advantage to either fighter.

For 3 rounds Belfort will have the ability to control the stand-up exchanges and I expect him to really have a solid second round. Bisping isn't a complete idiot and will try to mix things up, but he simply isn't good enough to get the job done here...

For 3 rounds Belfort will have the ability to control the stand-up exchanges and I expect him to really have a solid second round. Bisping isn't a complete idiot and will try to mix things up, but he simply isn't good enough to get the job done here...

I endorse this message.

sorry vitor but your time is up and you will get knocked down and won't make the "count"

Back