SOLO Camping-Backpacking Routine/Supplies/Gear

You're a little slow, are you?
If anyone was to follow the 'advice' I posted, I would be doing Darwin a favor.

Read my post in its entirety. Why did you only quote the first half?

My post was every bit of a joke as yours was.

I thought your post was funny, and was just trying to add to the humor. WTF?

Paracord
Gas
Saw
Gloves
Cuffs
Razor wire
Hatchet
Glock 20
and my mitts.

Read my post in its entirety. Why did you only quote the first half?

My post was every bit of a joke as yours was.

I thought your post was funny, and was just trying to add to the humor. WTF?

I did. Stay with the angry approach. Your funny is no good.

Did I ever tell you about my woodland mushroom and wild berry salad?

does anyone have a preferred website that lists best places for multi-day solo-hiking with camping?

Been a backpacker for 10+ years with thousands of miles under the weight of a pack. With a light weight pack like that, iodine tabs would probably be best. Pump filters are great and I use one, but I've got room in the pack. In the 400+ miles I've spent on the Appalachian and many more miles on surrounding trails I never carried bear spray, now that I'm out west I do though, it's all up to you.

Whiteblaze.net is a great resource for your area.

You really carry spray out here? I've done nearly everything on the I-90 Corridor and most of the PCT without every carrying anything.

I did. Stay with the angry approach. Your funny is no good.

Did I ever tell you about my woodland mushroom and wild berry salad?

No, you thought I was being serious or you would not have responded the way you did. You're now just trying to save face.

If you knew I was joking, you simply would not have wrote what you did. You know I know this.

It's less embarrassing for yourself to just admit you made a mistake. You basically did EXACTLY what you were accusing me of.

But way to an ass hole. I compliment your post on being funny, and you insult me to try and save face. Brilliant.

You really carry spray out here? I've done nearly everything on the I-90 Corridor and most of the PCT without every carrying anything.

A mule deer tried to attack me in rut in the bear tooths. I danced around the fire with it for hours until it left me alone. Lol. That was the catalyst for carrying spray. Only had spray for the last year or so.

The stench of hiking newbie is riddled with fear of bears.

A mule deer tried to attack me in rut in the bear tooths. I danced around the fire with it for hours until it left me alone. Lol. That was the catalyst for carrying spray. Only had spray for the last year or so.

LOL. Calls people out for taking [proper] precautions pertaining to wildlife, then gets called out for being overly cautious pertaining to wildlife.

Last edited:

What did you do to provoke it?
Or was the mating season going on?
Maybe it just liked you.

LOL. Calls people out for taking [proper] precautions pertaining to wildlife, then gets called out for being overly cautious pertaining to wildlife.

I didn't call anyone out for taking precautions, I said I carry bear spray in the first response to this thread dinglenuts. In fact i wasn't calling anyone out, nor was Luger calling me out, he was just curious. Merely stating that when people get into hiking they seem to be unnaturally terrified of bears. It takes a while to break that fear to a level that would be considered cautious and not overkill.

But please tell me more about all you know about the wilderness.

You should do Desolation Peak in the North Cascades. Hike the entire lake (from the start of Ross) and then hit the mountain!

Read Jack Kerouacs The Dharma Bums while you do the trek....You can follow his exact footsteps!

Was an amazing journey. Bring some wine and good weed along with the book.

You should do Desolation Peak in the North Cascades. Hike the entire lake (from the start of Ross) and then hit the mountain!

Read Jack Kerouacs The Dharma Bums while you do the trek....You can follow his exact footsteps!

Was an amazing journey. Bring some wine and good weed along with the book.

I've seen many pictures of the area, looks amazing. I've been radiating out from my new place slowly, made it to Idaho last year, still a lot of exploring to do by me too! Have you hiked up the peak? After a quick google search I'm wondering if the let people utilize the lookout tower as a shelter?

Lol @ smarmy transplants and their incessant need to spread their douchie brand of condescension via lazy fly-by post .

You would beg me to cuddle with you when the sun sets. A twig breaking in the distance would keep a man like you awake all night. You can keep my fire going.

I didn't call anyone out for taking precautions, I said I carry bear spray in the first response to this thread dinglenuts. In fact i wasn't calling anyone out, nor was Luger calling me out, he was just curious. Merely stating that when people get into hiking they seem to be unnaturally terrified of bears. It takes a while to break that fear to a level that would be considered cautious and not overkill.

But please tell me more about all you know about the wilderness.

I was basically the main guy talking about bear safety. All of my advice is nothing any game warden or expert hiker/camper would not give.

The guy camps/hikes in NJ area, and I in the Ocala national forest, and black bears are fucking everywhere there, and many of them have lost their fear of humans.

"Merely stating that when people get into hiking they seem to be unnaturally terrified of bears"

Didn't seem that way to me. You said, that in this thread, newbie fear stench, blah, blah.

Hey, you say something ass hole like, don't be all fucking surprised when you are met with an ass hole like response.

A) Funny ass post.

B) LOL at not realizing that a gun is a tool. It's like saying, LOL @ Germans for needing wrenches for everything.

C) Aren't you the guy who made someone 10 years sober or something, start drinking again and wrecked his life, just to amuse yourself? If so, you have a life time ban on preaching anything about anything to anyone.

Yeah, that idiot is still a train wreck. Doesn't even live in a house any longer. Just has a truck camper in a backyard. I told him go hard or go home and he obviously couldn't keep up.

Yeah, that idiot is still a train wreck. Doesn't even live in a house any longer. Just has a truck camper in a backyard. I told him go hard or go home and he obviously couldn't keep up.

So what do you tell him now? Go hard or go truck?

I was basically the main guy talking about bear safety. All of my advice is nothing any game warden or expert hiker/camper would not give.

The guy camps/hikes in NJ area, and I in the Ocala national forest, and black bears are fucking everywhere there, and many of them have lost their fear of humans.

"Merely stating that when people get into hiking they seem to be unnaturally terrified of bears"

Didn't seem that way to me. You said, that in this thread, newbie fear stench, blah, blah.

Hey, you say something ass hole like, don't be all fucking surprised when you are met with an ass hole like response.

If that's how you interpret satire, you must be a dull boy. Just so you're not confused, that's a asshole response.

But hey, what do I know? Just a former National Park Service Ranger, Florida Forest Service Ranger, and a current SAR tech among other things. I worked in the Everglades and the Ocala National Forest, I grew up in Deland. Maybe you should find another sandbox to play in newbie.

does anyone have a preferred website that lists best places for multi-day solo-hiking with camping?

Backpacker.com is cool for the fact that they have pre planned routes. Just search their site for what you want and most of the time you get a nifty print out. Their forums don't have a ton of members so other hiking based sites would be better for water source, terrain reports etc.

Back