Sobral got cut!

They weren't even remotely similar. Babalu held the choke for like 10 seconds...Paul Harris, like .5 seconds.

More like 4 seconds and 2 seconds. I agree with your point, but doesn't need over-exageration

They weren't even remotely similar. Babalu held the choke for like 10 seconds...Paul Harris, like .5 seconds.

Well actually it was 4 seconds
"Even as referee Steve Mazzagatti tried to pull Sobral's arm from Heath's neck, he continued to squeeze for four additional seconds. "

2) Sobral showed no remorse for his action and admitted to do it on purpose to teach Heath a lesson.

3) Senator Harry Reid was sitting front row at the event invited as a special guest by the UFC.

4) Dana also admitted that he had planned to cut Babalu BEFORE all this happened.

So yeah it was not remotely similar.

Babalu did it on purpose for personal reason, once that his opponent has said bad words to his wife.

It's because Palhares is kind of slow. he's a loveable mook.

4_medium.gif

This makes me laugh every time I see it

Babalu did it on purpose for personal reason, once that his opponent has said bad words to his wife.

Hmmm sure?

I think it was because of the Tshirt that Heath made with the police arrest photo of Babs and also because according to babs "he called me a mother fucker".
Never heard the one about the wife please do provide a source.

Fucking annoying how Babalu/Heath keeps being mentioned by people who never saw the fight and have no context for it.

I did see the fight. People are turning this into what was worse, or who held it longer. My point is they were both long holds and unsportsmanlike, the post fight interview shouldnt matter. One guy got cut for doing it once and the other guy is still around. Pallhares is known for doing this to people, you would think he would be off of the roster. As far as Babalu's post fight interview being the reason, i think its way worse to break the rule over and over again throughout your career.

What Sobral did was an embarrassment to the sport as he tried to choke out someone after the ref told him to stop and he was well aware of this. If someone got seriously hurt or killed like this the UFC's PR would take a hit it might not recover from. In Dana's shoes I would have done the exact same thing. Sobral was a great fighter but no one should be able to get away with what he did.

Back