Sobral got cut!

thewilks

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Dana cut Babalu for holding a choke too long ONCE after he had been a contender at 205. Pallhares has ripped off three peoples legs after the tap and hes still here. The Dana logic drives me nuts!

Dana White's response: shut the fuck up dummy

That being said, apparently he was pretty pissed off, lets see.

Dana cut him because Babs showed no remorse in the post-fight interview.

Palhares didn't hold the sub after the ref stepped in, Babalu did.

Well, Babalu stated that he did it on purpose to teach him a lesson.

It's because Palhares is kind of slow. he's a loveable mook.

4_medium.gif

The ref literally had to pry babalus arms off jos opponents neck. Palhares stopped on his own albeit after holding it lo her than he needed to

Well, Babalu stated that he did it on purpose to teach him a lesson.

According to Hector Lombard, Palhares threatened the same thing before their fight. I believe it was in an intereview Palhares did with the Brazilian media.

I think he shouldn't have cut Sobral. If we go by that logic he should have cut Rampage after hitting Wanderlei while the ref was pulling him away

sobral's case is different. Its his conduct afterward is what got him in trouble,if he had apologized for being overzealous it wouldve been ok

he said "yeah he called me a motherfucker so i teach him some hespect!" a flagrant disrespect for the rules made it hard to condone

I think he shouldn't have cut Sobral. If we go by that logic he should have cut Rampage after hitting Wanderlei while the ref was pulling him away

There's a good argument to be made for Rampage (in the Wanderlei fight) and Henderson (against Bisping) being punished. That doesn't make Palhares look any better.

Also, Babalu was coming off a loss to Jason Lambert, had been KO'd pretty quickly by Chuck in a title fight and was entering the swoon of his career. Palhares, though he did lose his last two fights at MW, was competing for the first time in a new weight class against an extremely underrated fighter who fought to razor thin - and controversial - decisions against former number 1 contender Koscheck and current number 1 Hendricks. It's all about context. Don't worry, he's gone if he drops his next fight.

Also, you've gotta love a guy who's basically like Melvin Guillard in reverse. He's the only guy I've ever seen with a submission attack that sudden.

Back