So Who Are You? For grapplers:

i'm too many things on that list.
lazy possum, bleeder, de-man-izer (i'm younger than you),no responsibilities.
i'm the let's go light guy sometimes, but i actually go light then.
the guy that pisses me off most is the "this is injured, so no __" guy. if ur injured, don't train.

i didn't before, but i realized that after i got into bjj, i developed a serious ego. so many of the things i say can be exagerrated. i'm still a bleeder tho. lol

gota bring it back everyone should read this

^^^ It was and still is way too much to read.

I am who I am, which is different people on different days...boy is life exciting.

I find myself falling into THE LAZY POSSUM:
This guy has some skills but he fights really lazy and defensively most of the time and you think you have his number.
But on occasion when there's an audience or some chick watching he decides to bring his A game and you're in a world of surprise, the guy suddenly becomes Marcelo Garcia on the mats.

yeah i've decided that i'm definately not the lazy possum. i met a few real lazy possums, i am nt even close to that level yet.

awesome thread!

im a risk taker/lazy possum

my favorite person at my schhol is a reformed gangster(he is the class clown)

and my least favorite is the drama guy and he is my exact size and pretty close to my skill lever so we roll all the time he is not that bad of a guy but i dislike rolling with him

The NO-RESPONSIBILITY Guy. Except that its not my mommy who washes my GI, its my Girlfriend. :D

LOL. Great post. We have almost every single one of those guys at my gym. I could just picture each one of our dear types. I'm No Responsibilities/Wrestler Guy. You don't have cardio guy though. I'm a heavy, 210. My coach calls me the Giant Energizer Bunny. I'm going to get the little pink bunny with the drum on the back of my next gi. :-D

The Bleeder for sure. I reckon I've had the same scab on my knee for as long as I've had my frickin white belt.

I just went through the list again and I don't have one. Lol.

I'm a mild talker, I guess. Only with a few people.

I'm a combo of the 'won't let you work *** guy' and the 'class-size regulator guy' but not on purpose, i just have an odd style that doesn't seem to agree with physics and the human anatomy. Might need to change that soon.

but im only the 'wont let you work *** guy' when he is being a douche or lazy.

Best thread ever!

I went back and looked and I would have to be The Natural (Not to 'tap everyone there' degree, but I would say that one describes me best.).

I laugh at alot of stuff in BJJ because sometimes its damn funny, and lastnight I actually experienced the wall dramatization that was depicted in this post, but I didn't go crazy with it, thought it was funny trying to bridge a guy and throwing him accidentally right into the wall

I read up to The Natural. Which I think I am. I got started against a wrestler about 15 lbs bigger. We would go at it every class. Eventually I beat him. I wish I could thank him..cus he is the guy who changed the whole way I look at the game.

i didn't get to read the whole thing, so i haven't quite found my persona yet, but i've rolled with a lot of these types of guys before. There's an "i suck" guy at my gym. He's a four stripe white belt like me but gets down on himself everytime he loses in live rolling. I'm a nice guy so i reassure him sometimes, but now it's kind of gotten to the point where its like "listen man, we all suck. suck it up."

right now i'm the no responsibility guy. I have 1 college class a week, and the rest is free time. I do wash my own gi though, haha.

Lol. Funny stuff, I reconized a lot of dudes in this. I'm the late guy and the humble guy. But, to be fair, I've only been training a month and a half, so doing crosstraining before technique and free roll is something I'm not quite ready for. Plus, I'm lazy.

The Bleeder for sure. I reckon I've had the same scab on my knee for as long as I've had my frickin white belt.

yea that too, I had a big scab on the top of my foot that would come off EVERY practice. Tried to tape it up/bandage it a bunch of times but when you're rolling, the tape just comes off and you re-open the scab. After being out injured for a couple of weeks, it finally heeled, now i just have a big pink scar from it re-opening so many times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back