so where the outrage about bellator fighters pay.

First of all how many fights have these guys had with the org?
Plus your not taking into account how much they get from sponsors which the ufc cut out for its fighters.

Not allowing sponsor logos during fight week will make it hard for guys to get many sponsors.

Not defending either org btw I think the whole systems corrupt.
Like someone said best thing to do is check the revenue share with fighters.

so when bellator fighters have day jobs it cool but a ufc fighter is a cop or a teacher if evil? why the double standard?
Are you really that dumb? You don't understand the concept of revenue and sharing? Do you think that the baseball leagues in the Caribbean can pay the same that MLB? Or minor soccer leagues ? can afford salaries like Messi's?

Shut up, nosy pussies. If you want the fighters to make more money, send them a check or start your own promotion. Go ahead….show Dana and the world how to run an mma business.

I don’t watch much Bellator, do they let their fighters pick and choose their own sponsors? That’ll make a huge difference in fighter pay

Now lets see ONE and Rizin and Glory's payout to their fighters.

I thought i remembered a thread exactly like this from last year..

Anyways answer is the same, bellator is still paying out more overall as it relates to what they bring in.

I don’t know how much they make, we aren’t privy to their sponsorship money but it’s not so much a UFC Vs Bellator pay comparison

• Bobby Seronio III: $3,000 (includes $1,500 win bonus) def. Socrates Hernandez: $2,000
  • Abraham Vaesau: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus) def. Albert Gonzales: $3,000
  • Shane Keefe: $3,000 (includes $1,5000 win bonus) def. Rhalan Gracie: $5,000
  • Edwin De Los Santos: $3,000 (includes $1,5000 win bonus) def. Jon Adams: $1,500
  • Jesse Delgado: $4,000 (includes $2,000 win bonus) def. Joshua Dillon: $2,000

all i read if the ufc is wrong for not paying living wages.

so who can live off 2k.

i know i know you all say there local fighters so nobody gives a shit out them but the ufc prelim fighters make more than 2k an the outrage is how the ufc doesnt make more fighters conor type money.

so ufc is evil for there min pay but scott coker is a saint for there low pay

Those are low level amateur fighters. What a stupid ass thread. We’re talking high level talent getting paid peanuts in the UFC

only that it the ufc who needs to pay more. it amazing how many boxers and other mma companies pay is low 2 but nobody cares.
Maybe that is the main topic lately, but Bellator's lesser known/prelim fighters being underpaid genuinely has been discussed plenty of times here over a number of years. I've even seen it mentioned in threads about UFC fighters being underpaid.

I'm glad you're bringing it back up though. It is far overshadowed by the current UFC roster constantly claiming they're underpaid. Pretty clear that professional MMA fighters across the board deserve more dough.

Bellator fighters can have sponsors

This is the real deal breaker for me when it comes to the UFC
This. UFC went from letting fighters have any sponsor for a small fee, to a larger fee that small companies couldn't afford, to paying top tier guys 30k sponsorship money and banning them from making hundreds of thousands in sponsorships on their own. It's indefensible if you care at all about the fighters getting their fair shake

I thought I read somewhere that UFC pays about 20% of their revenue to fighters and Bellator is on record paying 40 or 45% of their revenue to fighters. If you ask me that's a whole hell of a lot better than the UFC practices. Those examples you posted are just first time prelim fighters most likely, one off fights.
This might be true on paper, but you have to remember how Bellator make money compared to how the UFC makes it's money. UFC sells seats to events and sells it's broadcast product to ESPN, a separate company with different stakeholders. The UFC exists to make itself (and it's parent company by extension) money. Bellator sells tickets and "sells" it's broadcast to a TV network owned by it's parent company. On the books, Bellator could make whatever it's Viacom owned TV network wants to pay itself. I'm sure they pay enough for Bellator to continue being financially viable while also writing off enough cost for Shotime to write off enough profits to maximize their tax liability.

Revenue split is an issue, for sure, but so are the real amounts being paid to fighters. And so is the split between the top earners and the bottom. Plus the UFC is never going to pay fighters more if their competition is paying less than them.

This. UFC went from letting fighters have any sponsor for a small fee, to a larger fee that small companies couldn't afford, to paying top tier guys 30k sponsorship money and banning them from making hundreds of thousands in sponsorships on their own. It's indefensible if you care at all about the fighters getting their fair shake
While this is true, fighters shouldn't have to have in fight sponsorships to make a living. The idea that they should have to rent out space on their cloths while they are doing their jobs because they are making $1500 to show isn't a solution to the promotion not paying them what they are worth.

They both pay everyone but a select few terribly. Obviously Bellator pays much worse, but they also don't make much money

23k posts, 1k likes, not the best ratio.

Fighter pay is an issue throughout the sport.

That said, Bellator pays their fighters 45% of revenue (source), which is consistent with major sports leagues. They are doing things the right way.

Unfortunately, the UFC brand name and contract structuring means it can be competitive with bellator while paying less than 20% revenue sharing. Bellator pay isn't an issue, its supply and demand.

Most likely it is because this is the UFC forum, not the Bellator forum. Nonetheless, all fighters sign contracts and create their own situation for a dream that rarely comes true no matter which organization is involved.

It is a double edged sword. Sign for fewer fights and you can be free of a contract sooner while you still have prime. But if things don't go your way you have no contract and will get much less on a new contract (if you get one at all).

Back