So what's your irrational fear?

m25105

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mine is werewolves. Seriously. I know they don't exist, I know I can step outside in the dark and stroll through a forest. But damn, sometimes I feel like I'm being watched by one of those creatures waiting to pounce me and rip me to pieces. Hell even the cheesiest werewolf horror film creeps me out.

I think it comes from when back when I was a kid where I saw a book with a werewolf on the cover of it, looking directly at me with its mouth open ready to eat me.

Needles. I fucking hate needles.

Walking down the street and having youths decide I look like I wanna play the knock out game

Spiders, if I see a spider I run away and have to get someone to kill it for me

sometimes i get worried that i'm going to end up like tom cruise in vanilla sky.

Being swooped by birds.

I have never been swooped by a bird,
I have never heard of a serious injury from someone being swooped by a bird,
Birds don't do it 10 months of the year.
I live in the friggin city.

And yet almost every week I will at some point jump/flinch to avoid an incoming bird attack (usually it is a falling leaf or something not even a bird).

Even while walking through the aussie bush which contains a good share of nasties I am worried about getting swooped much more than anything else.

Vertigo. I get the spins up high on buildings, but not as much in nature. I almost puked as a child when brought to the top of the World Trade Center.

Mine is werewolves. Seriously. I know they don't exist, I know I can step outside in the dark and stroll through a forest. But damn, sometimes I feel like I'm being watched by one of those creatures waiting to pounce me and rip me to pieces. Hell even the cheesiest werewolf horror film creeps me out.

I think it comes from when back when I was a kid where I saw a book with a werewolf on the cover of it, looking directly at me with its mouth open ready to eat me.

It's strange, alot of people have that fear of werewolves. I wonder if the idea of a werewolf combines our natural instinct to fear predators with the sadistic nature of the most dangerous predator of all -- man. What ever it is, that's a fairly common fear. When I was a kid and into my early teens they used to frighten me beyond belief.

I had a crazy realistic nightmare when I was sleeping on my trampoline. I dreamed that I awoke from the nightmare, but really didn't, and proceeded to get my leg ripped off in the dream. I actually woke up at that point, but heard something breathing outside of my closed door. As I laid there petrified, I heard something start to scratch at the door, starting clear at the top and slowly dragging its claws toward the bottom. It was fucking horrible.

EDIT: I wrote that bad. I actually woke up in my bed in my room despite going to sleep on the trampoline. In the dream I was on the trampoline still. I used to sleep walk sometimes as a kid.

Dropping my keys down a sewer. If I've got my keys in my hand outside, I'm always worried.

Vertigo. I get the spins up high on buildings, but not as much in nature. I almost puked as a child when brought to the top of the World Trade Center.

I know that feel.

One of my friends lives in a high-rise apartment. If I go on his balcony, I can't look down for more than a few seconds without feeling uneasy...

I know that feel.

One of my friends lives in a high-rise apartment. If I go on his balcony, I can't look down for more than a few seconds without feeling uneasy...

It's odd too because hiking steep trails and such is basically OK for me. But on a building...ugh.

I can't drive over a bridge, or even a high overpass. On the way to South Padre Island recently, I had to pull over right before the bridge and let my wife drive.

It's odd too because hiking steep trails and such is basically OK for me. But on a building...ugh.

I love heights,but my father freaks out over them. It is always fun to mess with him. At the hoover damn, the grand canyon, and the badlands I kept getting right up to the edge, partially because I would anyway and partially because it was funto see him freak out a little bit. These days he knows I am pretty sure footed and has gotten used to me doing that type of thing so it doesn't bother him.

Back