So what's next for Anderson Silva?

Oh god, the Silva bashing already...

He just fought the #2 MW in the world, his stylistic kryponite, and he finished him within 2 rounds but oh yeah I forgot that Silva is cherrypicking his opponents.

Why doesn't Jones get shit for fighting 2 middleweights in a row? Who have done absolutely nothing at LHW? Or GSP completely ducking Hendricks (TWO top 5 wins, both won under a minute) for a fight with Nick Diaz (who has 1 top 10 WW win that was more than a year ago)

I want to see him fight a top 5 LHW, Weidman, Rockhold, or Bisping.

Technically his last opponent was a retired unranked fighter.

The humble champion hit Sonnen at the weigh in, held his shorts multiple times for extended periods of time and greased himself prior to the fight starting. But its a no no to bring those things up.

Jones fighting Sonnen and Belfort is a complete joke and I will never defend that.

GSP is fighting Hendricks after Diaz

Someone smaller, with less reach, with a questionable record and a style great for Silva....

Silva has recently said he wants to fight Bisping, case in point. He has also said he does not want to fight Weidman (undefeated, reach advantage)

Bisping is a bigger $$$$ fight. Casual fans do not know who Weidman is. . .

Never seen anywhere that AS said he did not want to fight Weidman, what I did see his manager say was that Weidman needs to keep working his way up and eventually he'd get his shot.

Hopefully by then he'd be better known and a bigger $$ fight.

But yea. .. AS ducks everyone and their mom. .. . sigh

I'd like to see him fight Bisping (if he wins) or Rashad Evans @ LHW for 5 rounds. I think he wins either with Rashad obviously being the tougher stylistic challenge.

Why when he disputes and dismantles your argument every time he steps into the cage?

How so? He has had a reach/height advantage in every career fight but one. I am not disputing his ability to finish fights in a exciting and skilled manor, that cannot be disputed.

Technically his last opponent was a retired unranked fighter.

The humble champion hit Sonnen at the weigh in, held his shorts multiple times for extended periods of time and greased himself prior to the fight starting. But its a no no to bring those things up.

Jones fighting Sonnen and Belfort is a complete joke and I will never defend that.

GSP is fighting Hendricks after Diaz
Bonnar was ranked higher than Brandon Vera, a fighter that top 5 Shogun could barely manage to finish.

Yes he held his shorts, after being hit with multiple illegal strikes on the ground in the first round and it being completely ignored by the ref. Watch the fight again, Sonnen hits Silva in the back of the head multiple times and Silva even points it out to the ref. Grease? How the hell did Sonnen mount him if Silva was so damn greased? :icon_lol: I guess it's sportsmanlike to fail a drug test after a title fight... or to act like you didn't tap when you damn well did and there is replay footage of it.

Oh really? You really believe that huh? :icon_lol:

Bisping is a bigger $$$$ fight. Casual fans do not know who Weidman is. . .

Never seen anywhere that AS said he did not want to fight Weidman, what I did see his manager say was that Weidman needs to keep working his way up and eventually he'd get his shot.

Hopefully by then he'd be better known and a bigger $$ fight.

But yea. .. AS ducks everyone and their mom. .. . sigh

AH: Has the UFC asked you or Anderson to fight Chris Weidman next?

JG: Yeah, they mentioned it, but we don

How so? He has had a reach/height advantage in every career fight but one. I am not disputing his ability to finish fights in a exciting and skilled manor, that cannot be disputed.

I didn't realize reach/height made you a champion, according to your logic, struve should be the hw champion...

nelson+struve.jpg

Bonnar was ranked higher than Brandon Vera, a fighter that top 5 Shogun could barely manage to finish.

Yes he held his shorts, after being hit with multiple illegal strikes on the ground in the first round and it being completely ignored by the ref. Watch the fight again, Sonnen hits Silva in the back of the head multiple times and Silva even points it out to the ref. Grease? How the hell did Sonnen mount him if Silva was so damn greased? :icon_lol: I guess it's sportsmanlike to fail a drug test after a title fight... or to act like you didn't tap when you damn well did and there is replay footage of it.

Oh really? You really believe that huh? :icon_lol:

-Yeah maybe 5 years ago, I am not a shogun or vera fan.

-Sonnen did hit him with a few questionable strikes yes, the refing was terrible

-I am not sticking up for Sonnen

I didn't realize reach/height made you a champion, according to your logic, struve should be the hw champion...

nelson+struve.jpg

I never said that nor is that my logic, I am just basing my opinion off historical evidence of Silva's opponents.

i just don't want time wasted with bisping. its like thales leites and maia all over again - this time, with even less of a chance to win.

anderson should fight lombard, weidman, rockhold and possibly a rematch with belfort based on his showing against bisping.

i just don't want time wasted with bisping. its like thales leites and maia all over again - this time, with even less of a chance to win.

anderson should fight lombard, weidman, rockhold and possibly a rematch with belfort based on his showing against bisping.

I agree.

bisping loses badly to silva and vitor.

Someone smaller, with less reach, with a questionable record and a style great for Silva....

Silva has recently said he wants to fight Bisping, case in point. He has also said he does not want to fight Weidman (undefeated, reach advantage)

bingo

lol, people are negative about Bisping getting a title shot but want guys like Lombard, Rockhold, and Weidman to get title shots? Based on what? Who has Lombard beat? His biggest win just happened against Paul Harris, a guy who has never won a fight against anyone that mattered and Lombard looked like shit against Tim Boetsch. Weidman COULD make a case if he wins his next fight and it's against someone who matters. Rockhold.....lol, come on man, like with Lombard this guy has maybe one win on his record that matters, his win over Jacare, but against Silva he'd get destroyed.

I think people think that like with the Shogun/Glover situation, that if someone light years ahead of a fighter declines a fight it somehow means they're scared or some other bullshit. This isn't Pride.

mmfono.gif

You really think that would make any difference in that fight?
Really?

The reality is when someone says "What do you think about Silva defending against Chris Weidman" the majority will go "Fight who?" Weidman's 5-0 in the UFC but sadly I don't think anyone has really seen him fight. There are only a handful of fights people want Silva in and honestly, I don't think a single one involves the MW division.

Oh god, the Silva bashing already...

He just fought the #2 MW in the world, his stylistic kryponite, and he finished him within 2 rounds but oh yeah I forgot that Silva is cherrypicking his opponents.

Why doesn't Jones get shit for fighting 2 middleweights in a row? Who have done absolutely nothing at LHW? Or GSP completely ducking Hendricks (TWO top 5 wins, both won under a minute) for a fight with Nick Diaz (who has 1 top 10 WW win that was more than a year ago)

I want to see him fight a top 5 LHW, Weidman, Rockhold, or Bisping.

Bravo_Bravo.gif

lol, people are negative about Bisping getting a title shot but want guys like Lombard, Rockhold, and Weidman to get title shots? Based on what? Who has Lombard beat? His biggest win just happened against Paul Harris, a guy who has never won a fight against anyone that mattered and Lombard looked like shit against Tim Boetsch. Weidman COULD make a case if he wins his next fight and it's against someone who matters. Rockhold.....lol, come on man, like with Lombard this guy has maybe one win on his record that matters, his win over Jacare, but against Silva he'd get destroyed.

I think people think that like with the Shogun/Glover situation, that if someone light years ahead of a fighter declines a fight it somehow means they're scared or some other bullshit. This isn't Pride.

lombard got robbed against boetsch and everyone knows it. pretty sure all judges on sherdog scored it 30-27 for lombard. the only ppl that actually want bisping to fight silva are andys nuthuggers. if lombard beats yushin he needs to fight andy. makes more sense than any other match up right now and i think it would be a better fight than bisping/silva

He hnonestly only has 3 or 4 mw fights that matter: wiedman, lombard, bisping, and rockhold. Besides that he can do whatever he wants outside the division. His title as mw goat would be ubdeniable

What the fuck are you talking about? Why do people say stupid shit like this? Both of these guys get shit on all the time on this site.

It so fucking stupid, Silva fans bitch that GSP and Jones never get any heat, GSP fans bitch that Silva never gets any, blah blah blah. You people are fucking morons.

Back