So this is pretty much do or die for Masvidal for the title eh?

Actually if Diaz beats Leon Edwards, then beats Usman, it is almost guaranteed that Masvidal will get another title shot.

hayseuss needs a DQ to get a 3rd fight, he definitely needs more money

No, the UFC isn't a meritocracy or tournament. He'll always be in the vicinity of a TS by virtue of the fact that's he's a draw and wins just enough to stay relevant.

I’d almost laugh if Masvidal beat Usman. Almost.. Because you know his first callout would be either Conor, or Nate. He would have no interest in defending against the top contenders. It would serve Usman right for the weakest callout ever, though. They’d probably end up doing a trilogy. And how fucked would that be?

This whole fight is bullshit imo. The only half assed good result is a dominant win by Usman. But, the guy needs to shut his mouth with calling anybody out, and fight the legit next in line. Preferably Edwards after a win over Nate. Or rematch Colby, I guess. Champs don’t make callouts.

Yep, last shot. He's not really a strong contender. Colby would be favored over him. WB again as well. He beat Till and had those 2 marquee wins, which don't age well. Yet Jorge himself at age 36 has aged well. I do hope he finds a way to win this.

I would think so. There are some scenarios where he could come back around but it requires beating some guys that he could also lose to.

I dont think so. It depends on how the fight actually goes. A loss by itself could mean nothing,it depends on how he loses.
Ehhh even with a relatively controversial loss it's hard to justify him getting a 3rd shot at usman. Has any fighter gotten 3 shots at an active champ? He would have to reel off quite a few impressive wins to even get back into the conversation

I would say at the heavy weight classes, it's more true that age isn't as big a factor. There tends to not be a lot of fast, explosive guys at HW & LHW. Those 2 traits are usually the first to go along with reflexes, power stays with you. I agree Jorge hasn't shown any sign of losing durability, but chin is 1 of those things, once it's gone, its gone forever. Like you could have durable guy but at some point, he loses it for good. Out of curiosity, I did a quick search from Sherdog rankings, I didn't bother doing top 10 because it takes a lot of time but I found:

Sherdog top 5 avg age:

HW 36
LHW 35

MW 32
WW 33
LW 33
FW 30
BW 32
FW 31
All of those outside of hw are surprising

Yep, last shot. He's not really a strong contender. Colby would be favored over him. WB again as well. He beat Till and had those 2 marquee wins, which don't age well. Yet Jorge himself at age 36 has aged well. I do hope he finds a way to win this.
Wb would not be a favorite right now. Considering popular opinion esp

224px-20200224002704%21UFC_244_BMFBelt.png

Nobody is taking that from Masvodell
Except usman already should have it. To be fair though did not do it in a BMF way

Jorge's false hype got him well beyond his run.

That said,
Bisping did it and had some crazy losses.

Jorge is still a bitch for the Leon thing.

I don't remember a time a fighter got a third crack vs the same dude after two losses.

Even when Frankie got robbed vs Bendo the second time he knew he wasn't going to fight Bendo a third time.
Shogun Rua vs Little Nog happened 3 times with the same guy winning each time

Masvidal probably wouldn't get another title shot if he loses though

Unfortunately I don’t think there will be much left of Nate after Leon gets finished with him. Hoping I’m wrong but we could see an absolute massacre.
Lmao Leon Edwards hasn't "massacred" anyone in years . If there's a stoppage it'll be from the doctors cause of Nate's scar tissue or Nate winning

Lmao Leon Edwards hasn't "massacred" anyone in years . If there's a stoppage it'll be from the doctors cause of Nate's scar tissue or Nate winning

True about Leon...

But Nate is out of his league here. He’s outsized in this division as well. Rooting for Nate but this is going to end up like another Masvidal fight. Nate just isn’t “good enough” to be on this stage against Leon and I’m far from a Leon fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back