So this is pretty much do or die for Masvidal for the title eh?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He’s not getting any younger and if he loses again to Usman, Masvidal is never getting another title shot again, unless Usman somehow loses it, and if Usman loses its gonna be against Colby. They can make a money fight of Masvidal vs Colby but I think Colby works him.

Yeah as long as Usman is champ. And he might not even get a shot if someone else wins the title. Rematch with Nate if Leon doesnt kill him

I dont think so. It depends on how the fight actually goes. A loss by itself could mean nothing,it depends on how he loses.

Yeah as long as Usman is champ. And he might not even get a shot if someone else wins the title. Rematch with Nate if Leon doesnt kill him

Unfortunately I don’t think there will be much left of Nate after Leon gets finished with him. Hoping I’m wrong but we could see an absolute massacre.

I dont think so. It depends on how the fight actually goes. A loss by itself could mean nothing,it depends on how he loses.
I don't remember a time a fighter got a third crack vs the same dude after two losses.

Even when Frankie got robbed vs Bendo the second time he knew he wasn't going to fight Bendo a third time.

I don't remember a time a fighter got a third crack vs the same dude after two losses.

Even when Frankie got robbed vs Bendo the second time he knew he wasn't going to fight Bendo a third time.
Depends on how it happens. Mas is a much bigger draw then bendo and frankie combined.

If he loses, it will most likely be his last shot against Usman. It would be hard to market a fight 3 times when the same person has already won the first two.

Now, I don’t think it would be his last title shot though. There is always the chance that Colby could win against Usman and then the UFC could jump on the marketing hype train and really push for a Colby/Masvidal fight for the title.

I don’t know how much everyone one of these guys really values a title. Titles are very dependent on marketability and matchups and also who you’re stuck with in your era/weight class.

I think a guy like mas just wants to keep making money and fight until he’s 40. He loves fighting,

Like an overeem winning streak and title would’ve meant so much to him. For a guy liek Francis idk h92 much that actual strap mean to him. He got so good so fast he’s just happy to be apart of all this. Overeem has had to see all his opponents flashing that around for 2 decades. It would’ve been so sweet to finally have it.?

I don’t know how much everyone one of these guys really values a title. Titles are very dependent on marketability and matchups and also who you’re stuck with in your era/weight class.

I think a guy like mas just wants to keep making money and fight until he’s 40. He loves fighting,
The title gives you room to manipulate bigger paydays

Not exactly. The age thing doesn’t seem to be as big of a factor these days anymore. Jorge also hasn’t shown any signs of losing durability.

Not exactly. The age thing doesn’t seem to be as big of a factor these days anymore. Jorge also hasn’t shown any signs of losing durability.
In higher weight divisions, yes age doesn’t seem like much of a factor, in lower weight divisions, yes. I mean Glover is what, 42? He’s getting a title shot at LHW, Heavyweights are all 35+ (I think Francis is older than what is listed)

after he and nate both lose they can fight for the baddest journeyman title.

224px-20200224002704%21UFC_244_BMFBelt.png

Nobody is taking that from Masvodell

I would say at the heavy weight classes, it's more true that age isn't as big a factor. There tends to not be a lot of fast, explosive guys at HW & LHW. Those 2 traits are usually the first to go along with reflexes, power stays with you. I agree Jorge hasn't shown any sign of losing durability, but chin is 1 of those things, once it's gone, its gone forever. Like you could have durable guy but at some point, he loses it for good. Out of curiosity, I did a quick search from Sherdog rankings, I didn't bother doing top 10 because it takes a lot of time but I found:

Sherdog top 5 avg age:

HW 36
LHW 35

MW 32
WW 33
LW 33
FW 30
BW 32
FW 31

He is nearly 37, made some money. Can still fight Diaz. 3 title fights, not that bad of a career

Back