So since Hendricks is fighting now...

dAnK00

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Do you see what happened to Pettis happening to him? Basically promised a title fight and now he has a chance to lose that.

he doesnt have much to gain here.
props to hendricks for taking a fight...
im just worried hell be looking past ellenberger. hopefully hes using it as motivation.

dont know who im pulling for either; this fights gonna be wild

i usually like berger better but since i feel for hendricks i guess im siding with him

In a perfect world, Johny gets another 1rd one punch KO, Because he really shouldn't have to take another fight before a title shot after beating Kos, Fitch, Kampmann. I respect him for taking the risk and staying active, I hope it doesn't come back to bite him.

Hendricks is basically being made to clean the division BEFORE the title shot. It's pretty ridiculous.

he doesnt have much to gain here.
props to hendricks for taking a fight...
im just worried hell be looking past ellenberger. hopefully hes using it as motivation.

dont know who im pulling for either; this fights gonna be wild

I don't think Hendricks will overlook Ellenberger.

IMO the danger is if Hendricks fights with too much emotion. That could lead to him exposing himself unnecessarily and getting caught by a bomb.

Honestly I hope Diaz backs out and he moves up but respect the hell out of him for stepping up and fighting anyway.

If anyone (not named GSP) has a chance at beating Hendricks right now, it's Ellenberger. What better matchup than two guys who are experts at the exact same thing?

Remember last time Diaz was supposed to fight GSP. I think Hendricks on this card makes since in a ton of different ways. I also have a feeling that he'll get "hurt" as soon as Diaz makes his appearances and shows a little professionalism

If he loses to Ellenberger, then even if he did get the title shot and won, it just shows he would not keep it for long

Honestly I hope Diaz backs out and he moves up but respect the hell out of him for stepping up and fighting anyway.

Yeah, I think he's on the card in case Diaz pulls a Diaz.

Ellenberger is gonna really push to win this fight. He even said he wanted this fight soooo badly. I think he's very motivated to win.

But then again Hendricks has been putting people away easily. So we'll see how things go. Their wrestling will most likely negate each other and it will become a standup battle.

I don't give "props" to fighters for taking fights. People giving him praise for doing his job are contributing to the biggest problem in the sport.

The fact of the matter is that Hendricks has been whiny and petulant about what he thinks he deserves. If he wants to fight for the belt, he'll have to wait his turn like everybody else.

In a perfect world, Johny gets another 1rd one punch KO, Because he really shouldn't have to take another fight before a title shot after beating Kos, Fitch, Kampmann. I respect him for taking the risk and staying active, I hope it doesn't come back to bite him.

If he loses to Ellenberger, then even if he did get the title shot and won, it just shows he would not keep it for long

this. I don't know why people are like "ahh that's a shame. he deserved a title shot" if he can't beat ellenberger, what business does he have fighting the champ?

just like if pettis couldn't get by GUIDA, then he had no business even getting the punchers chance of wearing the ufc belt

I don't give "props" to fighters for taking fights. People giving him praise for doing his job are contributing to the biggest problem in the sport.

The fact of the matter is that Hendricks has been whiny and petulant about what he thinks he deserves. If he wants to fight for the belt, he'll have to wait his turn like everybody else.

I agree 100%

If anyone (not named GSP) has a chance at beating Hendricks right now, it's Ellenberger. What better matchup than two guys who are experts at the exact same thing?

yea I'm way stoked on this match up, gonna be a real exciting fight... It will be competitive too, jake's technique and power are not something to underestimate. Respect to johnny for taking it, not an easy fight by any means and def losable.

Is it 5 rounds? If so I do give john the edge, jake's weakest area is cardio imo..

Ultimately, that's true. The shitty part for Hendricks is that he earned a chance to compete in a title fight, which is a big deal for these guys financially, even if they lose.

Anyway, I wouldn't say that I'm a Hendricks fan, but I'll be pulling for him because I really want to see him get his shot.

yea I'm way stoked on this match up, gonna be a real exciting fight... It will be competitive too, jake's technique and power are not something to underestimate. Respect to johnny for taking it, not an easy fight by any means and def losable.

Is it 5 rounds? If so I do give john the edge, jake's weakest area is cardio imo..

Nope not even co main event.

It is three rounds and on the same card as GSP/DIAZ and Rory/Condit 2.

For the TS...I knew Guida would beat Pettis. This fight can go either way. Two guys with crazy KO power.

Back