So re-watch FEDOR/NOG 1.....

200w.gif

Or not.

He didn’t demolish cro cop. He took the fight to the ground and fought for a safe decision.
that's why though, as a grappler or a striker he would be a tough fight, he used to grind people out with grappling heavy gameplans early in his career and the nubs dont realize that fold to his game is what opened up the wild striking when he was in his prime and as he descended it devolved into the random brawling we see now

lol @ fedor throwing jones around. The guy that got grapple f#cked by arona , dumped on his head by randleman and mauled by bigfoot silva

All three of those guys would fucking murder Jones.

that's why though, as a grappler or a striker he would be a tough fight, he used to grind people out with grappling heavy gameplans early in his career and the nubs dont realize that fold to his game is what opened up the wild striking when he was in his prime and as he descended it devolved into the random brawling we see now
And that gameplan would be tough to execute on Jon jones.

And he took guys down more at the latter part of his career (fedor) than people remember.

Jones got stopped by matt f'n hamill, stop this!

And that gameplan would be tough to execute on Jon jones.

And he took guys down more at the latter part of his career (fedor) than people remember.
I agree he would have a hard time with Jones in his prime, but it would be a great fight, I don't think he would be able to beat Jones at 205 but at HW I think he could possibly get it done in a ring

LOL @ Jones being ragdolled by Fedor. He could get knocked out, but Jones understanding of wrestling is the best in the business. Cormier is one of the best wrestlers and barely pulled off a slam that Jones partially defended and got right back up.

Vitor Belfort got an armbar from the guard on Jones. Even the Nog that fought Randy would rip his arm off.

How about Jones nearly getting his arm snapped by Vitor?

It's funny that people have to hold onto an armbar that Jones not only ended escaping and not getting submitted by, but then later ended up submitting his opponent himself with an arm lock, as proof that Jones would get submitted by someone. Even though Jones hasn't ever been submitted in any other fight either.

Instead of talking about hypotheticals, how about Big Nog ACTUALLY getting his arm snapped by a semi-conscious Frank Mir and then again by Werdum?

It's funny that people have to hold onto an armbar that Jones not only ended escaping and not getting submitted by, but then later ended up submitting his opponent himself with an arm lock, as proof that Jones would get submitted by someone. Even though Jones hasn't ever been submitted in any other fight either.

Instead of talking about hypotheticals, how about Big Nog ACTUALLY getting his arm snapped by a semi-conscious Frank Mir and then again by Werdum?
prime nog was a submission master and would've snapped jone's arm in vitor's position winning the LHW title

jones would kill today's edition of nog though

if prime crocop can keep it on the feet, he would probably KO jones

One thing about Fedor that sets him apart is that he was never scared to attack a high level opponent. Anthony Smith was a guy who wasn't afraid to go there, but against Jones he was frozen. Didn't execute his game plan at all. He was afraid of what Jones would do.

Fedor was never afraid. He would get in Nog's guard, he would stand with Crocop (who KO his brother, who is also a really good standup fighter in his own right). Fedor would work HIS gameplan, and he would attack. He was never really tentative to go do what he was trying to do.

That's one of the biggest reasons he was so successful. He didn't worry about what his opponents could do, he worried about what he could do. And, more often than not, he was successful at doing what he wanted to do.

Jones rarely fights anyone who goes out and does what they wanna do. His opponents are often tentative and worry about what Jones will do. I'd love to see a man go for broke against Jones, put pressure on him. He's almost never pressured.

I'm not going to pretend that I know what the outcome of a Jones/Fedor fight would have been. We don't know, we never will. But I don't believe Fedor would have been tentative or scared to bring Jones a legitimate fight, and both fighters have possessed the tools to defeat the other. Were it possible, would have been a hell of a fight, I'm sure.

Last edited:
I agree he would have a hard time with Jones in his prime, but it would be a great fight, I don't think he would be able to beat Jones at 205 but at HW I think he could possibly get it done in a ring
Agree

So I guess you missed what I was doing in my post, I should have been more direct. The point I was making was exactly not to take one circumstance and make into more than it is. My point on bringing up Jones/Vitor was in response to someone posting about Fedor getting slammed by Randleman. Same scenario, Fedor just reversed and finished the fight.

All three of those guys would fucking murder Jones.
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hhahahahahahahahahahahahaahah
At least you made me laugh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavy
Back